View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 197 of 225 FirstFirst ... 97147187192193194195196197198199200201202207 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 4493
    I would like to inquire, how are they "breaking"?
    I am on my 9th Pre since launch and still waiting for the new WebOS device.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I would like to inquire, how are they "breaking"?
    the 1st started crashing on me, my original pre was never overclocked or homebrewed.
    The second kept going offline like it was in airplane mode and doctoring didnt help.
    the thirds speaker stopped working intermittently
    the 4th touchscreen stopped working lol
    The Pre is the only phone I've ever had break on me yet it's my favorite because of WebOS so I'm planning on coming back for WebO S2.0
    Samsung A900> HTC Touch (Vogue)> Palm Pre> HTC Hero> Palm Pre> Palm Pre> Palm Pre> HTC Evo 4G White
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    I am on my 9th Pre since launch and still waiting for the new WebOS device.
    I would stick with the Pre but my warranty is almost up and i don't have insurance on my phone. All these problems were covered under Palm's warranty through Sprint.
    Samsung A900> HTC Touch (Vogue)> Palm Pre> HTC Hero> Palm Pre> Palm Pre> Palm Pre> HTC Evo 4G White
    I would say to check with Palm on all your warranty info, from what I know about manufacturers warranty, when you get a replacement ******* you get a warranty on the replacement that is not predicated on your initial purchase. Just saying is all, you should have a warranty on warranty replacements independent of your original purchase.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I say almost daily "The Pre is the worst piece of crap phone ever made" and "all I want to do is throw it at a brick wall and watch all the little pieces fly apart". I literally say this. I can't stand it anymore. It has reduced the quality of my life. I wish I had never, ever gotten involved with it and wasted soooooooo many hours of my life dicking with it. I know this sounds weird and immature but I just can't take it and had to get that off my chest. Palm should fade into obscurity, they have proven they don't have what it takes to be a major player in today's marketplace.

So many users have listed their issues but I wanted to list just 4 of mine I don't see so often but just drive me crazy every frickin day:

1. Unreliable, clumsy interface when answering phone calls from all manor of operational states. I slide, I click, I touch, I curse, I slide again... I lose the call. It goes all stupid and won't allow me to answer.

2. Javascript restarts! You know how the Pre often goes into super slo-mo and no gestures or menus work right or cause you to lose a call or something you were doing, Javascript is restarting. This happens repeatedly throughout the day and has done so on several devices I have owned. Guaranteed to happen if you start browsing your pictures.

3. Youtube and other videos buffers so slowly and if you pause and wait for a buffer, when you hit play, it dumps the buffer and starts buffering all over again. I HATE THIS SO MUCH. The video player is so long overdue for a major overhaul. Pathetic.

4. Often things just don't work right. Menus won't go all the way off the screen, apps won't load for minutes, history list jumps crazy when you click on it, data connections are excruciatingly slow or unresponsive, SFL won't fully load, ETC., ETC. I reboot and things usually get better. I reboot several times a day. Thats about 10 or 15 minutes of staring at the flashing PALM screen a day too much.

Not that anyone cares, but just for the record, leaving Sprint after more than 10 years, going to T-Mobile and Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbloflin View Post
    I say almost daily "The Pre is the worst piece of crap phone ever made" and "all I want to do is throw it at a brick wall and watch all the little pieces fly apart". I literally say this. I can't stand it anymore. It has reduced the quality of my life. I wish I had never, ever gotten involved with it and wasted soooooooo many hours of my life dicking with it. I know this sounds weird and immature but I just can't take it and had to get that off my chest. Palm should fade into obscurity, they have proven they don't have what it takes to be a major player in today's marketplace.

So many users have listed their issues but I wanted to list just 4 of mine I don't see so often but just drive me crazy every frickin day:

1. Unreliable, clumsy interface when answering phone calls from all manor of operational states. I slide, I click, I touch, I curse, I slide again... I lose the call. It goes all stupid and won't allow me to answer.

2. Javascript restarts! You know how the Pre often goes into super slo-mo and no gestures or menus work right or cause you to lose a call or something you were doing, Javascript is restarting. This happens repeatedly throughout the day and has done so on several devices I have owned. Guaranteed to happen if you start browsing your pictures.

3. Youtube and other videos buffers so slowly and if you pause and wait for a buffer, when you hit play, it dumps the buffer and starts buffering all over again. I HATE THIS SO MUCH. The video player is so long overdue for a major overhaul. Pathetic.

4. Often things just don't work right. Menus won't go all the way off the screen, apps won't load for minutes, history list jumps crazy when you click on it, data connections are excruciatingly slow or unresponsive, SFL won't fully load, ETC., ETC. I reboot and things usually get better. I reboot several times a day. Thats about 10 or 15 minutes of staring at the flashing PALM screen a day too much.

Not that anyone cares, but just for the record, leaving Sprint after more than 10 years, going to T-Mobile and Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S.
    Don't have any of those 4 issues.

And you will really switch carriers when a better phone is going to be on Sprint at the end of the month?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbloflin View Post

What's wrong with the Evo it's a better phone then any samsung stuff, and that crap touchwiz UI. At least stick with Sprint and get the Epic since you like the Galaxy S series.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/20/2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Language - PG13 forum
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Mbloflin.

I can't say I Disagree. I will say the phone works remarkably better when overclocked, but you shouldn't have to do something like that to get an acceptable level of performance.

I'm probably not quite as angry as you, to me what grates on me is the tiny screen. I have decent eyesight but browsing web pages is painful on it.

And the email client is so slow and sluggish. Takes forever to sync non-inboxes and won't do that in the background (like my ancient Treo did with ChatterEmail)

However, why go to a touchscreen phone on a carrier with a much worse footprint than Sprint? Why not just hold on a few more weeks and get the Sprint Epic 4G which is the same as the Vibrant but gives you a great kickass keyboard and eventually much higher 4g speed.
    Mark F Chinsky
    Sorry Palm and Palm Central and all WebOS fans, I've reached the end of my Tether (web tethering is the only thing I'll miss about the device).

My Pre Plus can't really be called a phone because it has really failed to function as such. Back in March I chose it over Droid because of reviews I read about call quality an reliability. I needed a smartphone that could grab work email from the exchange server, got a BB Tour and gave it back after 4 days after I found out it wouldn't show me any folders other than the root Inbox.

Why isn't my PrePlus a phone?
    1) Battery won't last a whole day with light to moderate web browsing / email reading.
    I bought the Seido big boy battery. Had trouble hearing the ringer, had to research the problem and poke holes in the replacement battery cover with a needle!!
    The Seido battery kept coming loose and turning off the phone, I had to jam it in place with a piece of a business card.
    Nobody could hear me! This battery through off terrible interference and calls became impossible. Eventually stopped using it and just dont use the phone for anything during the day unless I am near a charger due to the certainty that it will lose power before I get home. Yes I've read all the tips a tricks, but frankly I shouldn't have to go through ridiculous mods and changes to make the battery last 24 hours.

2) As mentioned above, the call quality is just plain awful. I am in New York City on Verizon. It is without a doubt the worst call quality i've ever had on verizon, having used several moto Krzr models and many others over the years.

3) No voice dialing. In my book this is just plain crazy. Yes I've read lots of debates and rationalizations about this on this site. It is irresponsible for a manufacturer to leave this out. I need it to make calls in the car safely.

4) LAG. I can't tell you how many times I've been on the phone with someone and their voicemail at the same time due to lag. I hit a listing, wait, wait, wait, nothing happens, I hit it again, and all of a sudden I'm calling them, but guess what? The first call went through and I'm on with them again!

Sure I have lot's of other complaints but none of them is as important as the fact that my phone is not a phone. I already have an Ipod touch that I love and that's not a phone either! I'm not a believer in needing one device to do everything, but I can't carry 2 devices that don't make reliable phone calls!

For the record, other complaints include: freaky Google Maps / GPS behavior, really useless app store overrun with public domain text crap, no way to search the store properly, no audiobooks offered on Amazon download the last time I bothered to check, incredible over reliance on the homebrew community to make basic functions available (see first post in this topic), no way that I've found to search and subscribe to podcasts....

I loved the look and feel of the phone, I love the intuitive gesture based design and the "Cards". I loved the email and the calendar. No matter how much I liked, loveed, appreciated, none of it is enough if the person I call can't understand me!

As soon as I can afford another phone I'm out of here.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonepner View Post
    As soon as I can afford another phone I'm out of here.
    Can I have your Pre?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by jonepner View Post
    Why isn't my PrePlus a phone?
    1) Battery won't last a whole day with light to moderate web browsing / email reading.
    I bought the Seido big boy battery. Had trouble hearing the ringer, had to research the problem and poke holes in the replacement battery cover with a needle!!
    The Seido battery kept coming loose and turning off the phone, I had to jam it in place with a piece of a business card.
    Nobody could hear me! This battery through off terrible interference and calls became impossible. Eventually stopped using it and just dont use the phone for anything during the day unless I am near a charger due to the certainty that it will lose power before I get home. Yes I've read all the tips a tricks, but frankly I shouldn't have to go through ridiculous mods and changes to make the battery last 24 hours. *no smartphone will last 24h on a stock battery. Sounds like your gripe maybe with sedio.

2) As mentioned above, the call quality is just plain awful. I am in New York City on Verizon. It is without a doubt the worst call quality i've ever had on verizon, having used several moto Krzr models and many others over the years. *i've had VZW for about 10 years, call quality is as good or better on my pre+, perhaps the battery mods you did damaged the phone or perhaps thats causing your interference. The phone interface is bit quirky , but I'm used to it now...

3) No voice dialing. In my book this is just plain crazy. Yes I've read lots of debates and rationalizations about this on this site. It is irresponsible for a manufacturer to leave this out. I need it to make calls in the car safely. I'll give you this one.... I really miss voice dialing.

4) LAG. I can't tell you how many times I've been on the phone with someone and their voicemail at the same time due to lag. I hit a listing, wait, wait, wait, nothing happens, I hit it again, and all of a sudden I'm calling them, but guess what? The first call went through and I'm on with them again! *not with your pre overclocked...@ 1g, nothing lags, not even with multiple web pages, pdf viewer, gps, radio hibiki all running. The phone app is better when you patch it to not auto-dial...

For the record, other complaints include: freaky Google Maps / GPS behavior, this is an issue indeed
    really useless app store overrun with public domain text crap, ??huh?
    no way to search the store properly?? Preware??

no audiobooks offered on Amazon download the last time I bothered to check, ??pReader??

incredible over reliance on the homebrew community to make basic functions available (see first post in this topic), ??huh?? Basic functions?? You mean patches to customize your phone??
    no way that I've found to search and subscribe to podcasts.... ??uhh, stitcher is great, drpodder too...
    As soon as I can afford another phone I'm out of here. well, I got 2 pre+ for $50 best deal ive gotten lately...
    I think you've not given your pre+ a chance, haven't asked enough qestions and haven't dealt with sedio about the aftermarket batery you bought...just my .02....
    Last edited by jhodnettejr; 08/25/2010 at 05:54 AM. Reason: format
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Well I have begged Palm for the last year to fix the Pre'.
    I have written and talked with QC.

I am not sure who in HQ thought the versatility of this WebOS front-end would improve the typical business person's experience.

I have been using a Treo since they first came out. For 8+ years I was the envy of the blackberry users. I could shift through my phonebook, dial with one hand. I would not even need to see the keyboard since it was logically laided out and easy to use.

I could type and retrieve email faster, texting was a breeze.

I than feel into the trap of the Pre'. I would prefer to throw my pre' out the window of the car every morning. I can't dail a call without looking at the screen. I then curse at it when it dials the wrong number 4 times or just hangs-up. The better one is when it just begins to dial voicemail on its own. Or when the java reboots and begins to connect the last 7 keystrokes I did in a feable atempt to make this piece of junk function.

I have losts all levels of business efficiency. I think I had done more with my old Qualcomm from 1997 then I have been able to do in the last year with my pre'

I have nicknamed it satan because I do believe I am in a pre' hell. It is at the heart of Palm and the designer who have given me this albatros of a "smart phone" (oxymoronic) that hangs around my neck slowly waiting for my contract period to end.

Well it has... Yes !!! I am now waiting for a my new phone to launch. Sept. 1st.

It will be the first phone that is not a palm in over a nine years.
    Obviously they do not care about customer loyalty so neither will I.

I look forward to using a real "smart phone," one designed by peoplethat understand the needs of a business professional who is always on the road, instead of trying to mimick a teenage version of the iphone (and Palm you even did a poor job at that).

Thank you Samsung for saving me

Best of luck to those of you still in this Pre' hell
    You can watch my pre' go out the car window prior to the Holland tunnel on Sept 2nd. Please smash it at will. Palm didn't care about us why should I give a damn about them.
    samsung for me
    EOM
    lol....hope you enjoy your new phone more than your last. The grass is greener on the other side so they say.... Hopefully it works out for you and feel free to come back and tell us how great your new phone is
    *yawn*...
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Wow, 3/4 of your issues I have never experienced in the past 6 months since the release of the patch in about January I think it was. Mayb ecause you hate yu pre so much it just hates you back.
    seems like this should be moved to complaint thread, dosent seem like a true poll. Mods?
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    If I lived in the area, I'd be waiting along side the road with a catcher's mitt.
    +1, sounds like someone just has an axe to grind.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)