View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 195 of 225 FirstFirst ... 95145185190191192193194195196197198199200205 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 4493
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    next time give it a min to charge... and you will be fine
    it was plugged in for about 20 mins before I got fed up and tried other batteries... should have said that... anyways since then the damn power button is non responsive (second time this has happened to me) so Sprint ordered me another refurb bringing me up to 6 Pres in 13 Months... that is what I call ridiculous. I am now highly considering selling the refurb on ebay immediately and buying an iPhone and when Palm catches up with some new hardware ill consider switching back... I love webos but 6 phones in 13 months when I have never caused any of them to break is just too much to deal with...
    my ol ladies phone is never right it hangs up and unresponsive the power button doesnt work
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Big fan of the Pre... the hardware quality of the original Sprint Pre is a little lacking, and its time for some totally new hardware! November?
    <comments cleaned up> Back the to topic at hand...
    Ok, so I love my pre, I love webOS, and I loved palm, but I am now scared that the Goliath of HP has ruined the personal 'friendliness' of palm!

Three weeks ago my pre had the fabled power button fault...two days previously I also lost the flimsy bit of plastic under the charger port, so naturally I sent it off to palm for an IN-WARRENTY repair!

Two weeks later I get a $270 bill for repair...so I phoned up, and get NOTHING, as a developer for webOS I am disgusted! Upon return of my pre I will claim on insurance, pay the excess and go to android for my app development!

Has anyone else experienced worse service with HP at the helm?
    Has nothing to do with HP being at the helm. HP hasn't even taken over day-to-day operations, and is even leaving those up to Palm (as a subsidiary). If you have a receipt showing the device is under 1 year old, then supply that to the insurance company and Palm. Go into a service chat on the Palm website and explain the issue. I had a similar issue and once they saw my device was less than a year old, it was covered. (Yours should be too unless you bought it second-hand and the original activation date is over a year ago).
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Or maybe I'll use my money I earned from my job to buy the phone like I did with my Pre+...
    huh, I didn't think mcdonalds paid that well!!
    I wouldn't know but making $9.50 as a lifeguard at a local pool at the age of 16 does...

Back on topic,

I'm getting my 6th replacement in less than 3 months which is horrible like the Pre.
    WebOS is good but pretty much dead.
    (que the guy who always says "I have a launch day Spring Pre with NO problems")
    Last edited by iTz Nicholas72; 08/10/2010 at 01:40 PM.
    ...webOS..."horrible"? ....riiiight.....
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    Ok, so I love my pre, I love webOS, and I loved palm, but I am now scared that the Goliath of HP has ruined the personal 'friendliness' of palm!

Three weeks ago my pre had the fabled power button fault...two days previously I also lost the flimsy bit of plastic under the charger port, so naturally I sent it off to palm for an IN-WARRENTY repair!

Two weeks later I get a $270 bill for repair...so I phoned up, and get NOTHING, as a developer for webOS I am disgusted! Upon return of my pre I will claim on insurance, pay the excess and go to android for my app development!

Has anyone else experienced worse service with HP at the helm?
    If it was three weeks ago, I'd say that HP hadn't really had much control over the issue at hand (they just closed the deal four weeks ago).
    Now I know that palm is probably behind the big boys like android and blackberry on getting flash... But I'm sick and tired of waiting to even getting a simple WebOS update(1.4.5). I realize that the palm pre has gotten the update on their spint carrier when is version or even AT&T getting on some action??...next year?? If I'm not getting flash on my pre plus in the next couple weeks, i'm gonna have to go with the Doid X or the Doid 2 and cancel my pre plus contract by paying 350 dallors...If I'm gonna be paying 29.99 a month I want the best and if I could be paying the same amount for Android 2.2 Froyo and having flash on my droid x or droid 2....I'm gonna do that. So people keep in mind what I'm saying....
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    ok heres my thought on this. i have a pre. ive been a loyal reader of this forum since ces2009. time to be realistic *clears throat*

webos has SO MUCH potential. if all the features were complete, all the apis added. mic api, camera, everything, this would be one kick *** phone. The point of having a smartphone is to be able to do things. browse the web, gps, games, have email and documents organized, check things (bank accounts, stocks, scores, prices, websites etc) on the go and more easily than sitting at a computer.

However right now webos doesnt have many apis that are out compared to their competitors. their app cataloge is still lacking (even with 3000...still alot of junk). updates are scarce (really? 1 update and after 4 months we do pdk and thats pretty much it? what happened to all the little features that could easily be thrown in?.....there are patches for them that were made in weeks AND run stable....im sure the developers of palm could make them even sooner).

Heres my thoughts on my choice on phones. stay on a half baked phone platform that doesnt do much compared to other competitors, or go to the other competitors and come back when webos has more features, apps, api, usefulness. seems like a no brainer. and thats what alot of ppl are doing.

now one thing i HATE about this community is how they react when someone leaves. when someone new comes its "oh hey there! WELCOME!" but when someone leaves (even peacefully saying they will be back when the os is more complete) they are sent off with a "FINE LEAVE! we dont want you anyways, poser. YOU SUCK!"

now really. if they love webos but want to come back later, what is wrong with that? saying the os isnt as completed compared to android or Ios isnt necessarily dissing webos. its being real. because in reality.....webos IS NOT as feature packed as the other guys.

but anyways i am one of those ppl who are also looking at other platforms too. i love this community. i love this platform. but i might try out android until webos is more complete, im still going to have my pre for a while, but im keeping my eyes open for some nice android phones.

you dont have to like ONLY ONE os. you can say well webos is awesome, but android is great too! android HAS all that webos is working to create. so please, i ask you all to try not to be so hostile to ppl who dont agree with your loyalty to webos and ONLY to webos. its just a phone platform - you can like multiple ones if you would like.

with that im done with my rant.

Enjoy your day everyone
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post

but anyways i am one of those ppl who are also looking at other platforms too. i love this community. i love this platform. but i might try out android until webos is more complete, im still going to have my pre for a while, but im keeping my eyes open for some nice android phones.

you dont have to like ONLY ONE os. you can say well webos is awesome, but android is great too! android HAS all that webos is working to create. so please, i ask you all to try not to be so hostile to ppl who dont agree with your loyalty to webos and ONLY to webos. its just a phone platform - you can like multiple ones if you would like.
    cnote1287: the following is not really directed at your thoughtful post, but your post did inspire it.

I would also add that just because you get an Android or iOS phone doesn't mean that you have to say goodbye here. If you really like webOS, wanna try something else for a while, that's totally cool. Android is cool. iOS is cool. Some of the other hardware available absolutely is drool worthy. Hang around here, don't hang around, pop in once in a while, whatever. But why write a long drawn-out goodbye listing all of the negatives about the Pre/Pixi and webOS, all of which has been said before many, many times, just because you want to try something new? It's not that I don't care that you're switching, I just don't really care WHY you're switching. I already know.

So, to all those who have posted goodbye threads, and to all who are considering it, PLEASE don't. Stay instead. Get yourself an Android Central account or TIPB account (or both), and keep this one. There's no community monogamy here, you know?

As for hostility, there's too much of it here (and everywhere else in the world). But for a little lesson on how people think, everyone likes to feel intelligent (at least people who post on internet forums). So, people like to have their decisions validated. They like to make a purchase, tell people about it, and have people say, "Wow, you made a great choice." When you list all the negatives about their choice, and then say that it was such a bad choice that you have to go make a different one, well, that makes people who made that same choice once upon a time feel like you're calling them stupid for not doing what you're doing. Note that even though you don't intend to call them stupid, that's the message they're hearing. So yeah, that's going to make people upset. They're going to want to defend their choice. It's completely natural.

To sum up, attention all goodbye posters: don't like your Pre? Okay, cool. Wanna get something else? Fine. Don't say goodbye, and don't tell me all the many reasons why YOU had to get something else, because we've heard it all before. Please let the rest of us just bask in what you quite possibly perceive as our ignorance.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I always hated these threads so I don't assume you guys are going to like this either. I'm switching from my Pre Plus to Droid Incredible. But this is not a post about why .. this is a thank you to everyone in these forums and accolades for the Pre.

All of you here have been AMAZINGLY helpful. This is a great community! I have trusted you with your advice and you've never let me down. This is an amazing development community too. And I will miss the spirit of this community.

I will miss my Pre as well. While I'm looking forward to the Incredible and learning about it, I have very fond memories of the Pre and believe it's an extremely underated phone.

So goodbye to my friends and the forum and thank you for your help and friendship while here.

Todd
    Aah, good bye Todd. I wish you happiness, where ever you end up.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    c ya
    At least come back and make a cameo, and let us know how the transition goes.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    At least come back and make a cameo, and let us know how the transition goes.
    +1 yeah. Please let us know your thoughts. It would be nice to hear from a former webos user who is not jadded. Best wishes
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Best of luck, buddy.

I'm sure others will follow, and it's not a bad thing. Sure it's *just* a phone, but these devices play a major role in our connected lives these days -- and everyone should have, and use, exactly what works the best for them.