View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 192 of 225 FirstFirst ... 92142182187188189190191192193194195196197202 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 4493
    I don't think you guys are seeing his point and are only belittling his statements. There's no way any of you guys haven't had random freezes, restarts, severe delays in response.
    For example, my screen will not only become unresponsive, but it will also get a mind of it's own. I'd say once aa week, something freaky happens with my Pre. About an hour ago, I went to refresh a web page and my 5 "home" apps on the front page appeared in a squiggly fashion in the middle of my screen as if I had dragged them up from the gesture area. Next thing I know, I'm opening up my text message app. I went to close that app and the screen thougt I was hitting the upper right hand portion of the screen and did something completely on its own.

Aren't you guys sick of the flash delays, the update delays, etc. Don't get me wrong, I like this phone and the OS a lot!! (Thank Goodness for Preware!!) But I just feel like we need to move on and take on the next best thing but with this OS. I still love this girl but she needs a makeover and little lift in some places. Plus we're seeing a lot of new phones popping up around us and we're not getting anything to keep the relationship fresh.
    I'm just sick of the crap reception.

Relax, OP, at the end of the day it's just a phone. So stop letting yourself be miserable. If you're tired of it, get an Evo or the Epic.
    No freezes or restarts, running the Govnah/Uberkenel, no lags or unresponsive screens, sorry for your issues. Just my prospective, I am really happy with my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by lenmac08 View Post
    There's no way any of you guys haven't had random freezes, restarts, severe delays in response.
    Never. Why is so hard to believe that some of us have not had these problems?
    bcause it's a computer first then a phone and we know most, if not all computers get caught up and need to be restarted. I find it hard to believe that you've "never" had any restarts or freeze ups.
    Don't worry, I've had them. Complete UI freezes ending in Luna restarts, and this is on a stock Pre even. It's seems to occur so often that it is pratically unbelievable that people have not had them (no games? No multitasking? Idk), but if that's what they say, ah well.
    I don't think you guys are seeing his point and are only belittling his statements. There's no way any of you guys haven't had random freezes, restarts, severe delays in response.
    For example, my screen will not only become unresponsive, but it will also get a mind of it's own. I'd say once aa week, something freaky happens with my Pre. About an hour ago, I went to refresh a web page and my 5 "home" apps on the front page appeared in a squiggly fashion in the middle of my screen as if I had dragged them up from the gesture area. Next thing I know, I'm opening up my text message app. I went to close that app and the screen thougt I was hitting the upper right hand portion of the screen and did something completely on its own.

Aren't you guys sick of the flash delays, the update delays, etc. Don't get me wrong, I like this phone and the OS a lot!! (Thank Goodness for Preware!!) But I just feel like we need to move on and take on the next best thing but with this OS. I still love this girl but she needs a makeover and little lift in some places. Plus we're seeing a lot of new phones popping up around us and we're not getting anything to keep the relationship fresh.
    I like my girl just the way she is... she will never need a makeover or a little here and there.

Tell the truth, Ive had my Pre since sprint launch day... Ive had 5 total... bought 3 launch day, 1 for use and 2 testers. Still have the two testers but had to replace my daily user twice because I left it places like in the trunk of rental cars or at airports. Wanna see what kind of fresh hell a piece of electronics can really go through? Work as a field service engineer for a few months. My job eats laptops, cell phones, gps units and anything else with an on button with a voracity that can only be described as gargantuan. My pres... they have held up under a barrage of careless loaders at the airport, I fly nearly every day... the constant rack and bang of throwing my carryon up into the overhead then watching people with bags larger than they are crushing said bag trying to force their stuff in... and then of course my bags get thrown around a lot moving from airport to rental car to hotel back to rental car to work site back to rental car then off to the airport again.

Are there things that arent ideal about the Pre? Well yeah... but its a gen 1 design... gen 1 designs are always slightly flawed... but what few small flaws Ive really had none of them have been the type that slow my down in any way... and I gotta tell you... without my phone I am dead in the water... so if it can be dependable for someone like me, im sure it can be dependable for pretty much anyone.

Well, actually, I haven't. I could count the number of times I've had any of the things you're talking about on my fingers.

Furthermore, not only could I count the total number of times that has happened on my fingers, there have probable been 3 times or fewer that I was not able to tie it to a particular patch or app. Come to think about it, I did have to pull the battery to restart it about 20 times in 48 hours after installing an alpha level custom kernel that wasn't ready for public release, but I usually don't count that. Not exactly fair.

Not everybody has these problems. In fact, I suspect that compared to the total user base, very few people have ever had these problems beyond the occasional fluke, which happens with almost all smartphones. Seriously, have you ever used a blackberry? It's pretty much a daily battery pull for a lot of folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    bcause it's a computer first then a phone and we know most, if not all computers get caught up and need to be restarted. I find it hard to believe that you've "never" had any restarts or freeze ups.
    I find just as hard to believe you actually exist. What kind of name is that? As far as I know, you're a bot, or a figment of the pizza I had last weekend and the sausage I had last night. Prove you're not.
    EVO gets 2.2 (froyo) before the pre gets 1.4.5
    Sprint stopped caring before the EVO was announced, even offered the moment to people who had so many returns.
    Last edited by Binary Tech; 08/02/2010 at 10:31 PM.
    <<another thread merged>>
    Palm wants 400.00 for a deposit on a replacement phone, or they want my phone for 5-7 business days... and sprint wants me to travel 3 hours to a retail store, or pay 150 for an insurance claim... WTH people.. My speakers are blown and I have no phone... Sprint and Palm are going to be over with this kind of customer support. Not to mention no new updates, lack of news, our phones are falling behind, jump ship and let palm burn.
    Sprint is indeed very crappy. That's why I left them. But please don't give up on Palm. I (eventually) switched to a Pre Plus on Verizon Wireless; so far, the experience has been a much better one.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    Sprint is indeed very crappy. That's why I left them. But please don't give up on Palm. I (eventually) switched to a Pre Plus on Verizon Wireless; so far, the experience has been a much better one.
    I don't think sprint is the only one.... I've been with others, and now back with sprint.

The OP frustration is understandable. Sometime these companies make you wanna pull your hair out.

My question for the OP is, do you have insurance? If so! Why would they want you to pay that amount? If the device was

damage by your negligence, then you have voided your warranty. Thus you to pay a fee to either replace, or fix the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by winklethemoose View Post
    Palm wants 400.00 for a deposit on a replacement phone, or they want my phone for 5-7 business days... and sprint wants me to travel 3 hours to a retail store, or pay 150 for an insurance claim... WTH people.. My speakers are blown and I have no phone... Sprint and Palm are going to be over with this kind of customer support. Not to mention no new updates, lack of news, our phones are falling behind, jump ship and let palm burn.
    What do you suggest they do, trust customers to be honest and send the phone back.

The $400 deposit is not unreasonable. That's to ensure you send the phone back. The 5-7 business days is for them to receive the phone and send it back. Again, not unreasonable. I'm not quite clear on what the complaint is about the retail store, if that's how far away the store is, what do you expect them to do.

Send the phone back to Palm, reactivate an old phone. It probably won't take the full 7 days (mine took 4 total), but that would give you phone to use in the meant time. If not, then combine the trip to Sprint with whatever else you might need to do in that area.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    My nearly 14-month old Pre is doing fine also.

Are you looking for some help with your phone or do we move this thread to the General Pre Complaints thread?
    I was actually looking for help.. I had this Pre since April I think.. This is my 4th one.. Dont get my wrong I love my phone, which is why Im like many holding out on my upgrade for the next Pre.. But there just comes time where my phone is acting crazy and it really gets frustrating.. Always seem at the time where I'm really needing it to do something for me.. Right now when i make phone calls I have to manually black out the screen by pressing the power button b/c if I place on my ear, it doesnt black out on its own like it use to.. So Im hanging up on ppl, putting it on airplane mode, opening contacts sending email to the contact Im speaking to.. And that just the start.. It's been restarting on its own, the screen freezes and all sorts of other stuff.. I put the uber Kernal (800 mhz) patch on it which at least that took of the too many cards error cus that was also something that was driving me nuts.. I was getting the error with only 1 card open
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    I was actually looking for help.. I had this Pre since April I think.. This is my 4th one.. Dont get my wrong I love my phone, which is why Im like many holding out on my upgrade for the next Pre.. But there just comes time where my phone is acting crazy and it really gets frustrating.. Always seem at the time where I'm really needing it to do something for me.. Right now when i make phone calls I have to manually black out the screen by pressing the power button b/c if I place on my ear, it doesnt black out on its own like it use to.. So Im hanging up on ppl, putting it on airplane mode, opening contacts sending email to the contact Im speaking to.. And that just the start.. It's been restarting on its own, the screen freezes and all sorts of other stuff.. I put the uber Kernal (800 mhz) patch on it which at least that took of the too many cards error cus that was also something that was driving me nuts.. I was getting the error with only 1 card open
    First things first -- regarding the screen not blanking, it sounds like the proximity sensor is not working properly. Is your phone in a case or are you using a skin or screen protector? The sensor must remain uncovered to work properly.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    First things first -- regarding the screen not blanking, it sounds like the proximity sensor is not working properly. Is your phone in a case or are you using a skin or screen protector? The sensor must remain uncovered to work properly.
    No I dont have a cover on my phone, nor a screen protector.. I'm just waiting for my friend to come back from her vacation.. She works at Sprint, Im going to see if she can change my phone to a Pixi but with using my upgrade.. I just want a different feel (form factor) to hold me down until the new hardware comes out.. Then I'll use my upgrade for that..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    No I dont have a cover on my phone, nor a screen protector.. I'm just waiting for my friend to come back from her vacation.. She works at Sprint, Im going to see if she can change my phone to a Pixi but with using my upgrade.. I just want a different feel (form factor) to hold me down until the new hardware comes out.. Then I'll use my upgrade for that..
    The problems you are are having are not typical. It would probably be best to take it back to Sprint.