View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 191 of 225 FirstFirst ... 91141181186187188189190191192193194195196201 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 4493
    The rear speaker sucks pen15

Great Software
    Poopy Hardware

But man..... I love my Palm Pre
    This is the last time I will accept this crap from Palm... 2nd time the Pre has been to repair. Both times Palm have exceeded the 7 business day turn around. This time, despite me telling them (almost every day) I had changed countries, the repair centre sent it to the old address and then denied sending it! For a week it sat in Italy while the repair centre told me that it had not been sent and they were awaiting the new address. Finally, when they admitted it had been sent they could not have it forwarded on to me in the new country. I had to arrange this myself at my own expense.

Then, when I get it, I find that it has been re-locked (it's GSM). So another bunch of money spent to to get it back to a usable state (I change countries regularly due to work commitments).

Sadly, as of now if it fails again, it will be replaced by a non Palm device. Palm have just made it too hard to deal with them through the incompetence of the repair centre. (Please Palm/HP bring out new hardware that is stable and reliable soon!)

Oh, and if you want to complain about the repair centre, you have to do it in writing... they won't pass you on to their manager etc... Probably for self protection and to make it too hard to get complaints dealt with.

Good luck with your Pre's team!
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    This is more of an inquiry or feature request, rather than a complaint. But why must we turn our phones sideways (landscape) in order to record video? The finished recording isn't widescreen anyways. I just feel it's more comfortable to hold the phone upright (portrait). At least let us choose how to hold the phone, just as we can while taking stills. With the phone upright, I can touch the record button easily with my thumb. With the phone sideways, I have to use my other hand or risk dropping the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFan123 View Post
    This is more of an inquiry or feature request, rather than a complaint. But why must we turn our phones sideways (landscape) in order to record video? The finished recording isn't widescreen anyways. I just feel it's more comfortable to hold the phone upright (portrait). At least let us choose how to hold the phone, just as we can while taking stills. With the phone upright, I can touch the record button easily with my thumb. With the phone sideways, I have to use my other hand or risk dropping the phone.
    It will still record if you hold it in portrait. Just because a little thing pops-up that says rotate, before recording, it doesn't mean that you have to do it!!!

As to the other comments about leaving the Pre, there is no need to get an attitude with the poster. When you do that, you just stoop to their level.

They are not happy with the Pre and they have the right to leave and move on to something else.

It is simply a fact that while they Pre and WebOS are both superb, they just don't suit everyone.

When you attack someone else, like this, then you are just being as bad as the iPhone fans that you all complain about.

The simple fact is, Apple also makes a good phone. You may not be able to alter it, as much as others, but the trade off is a very stable OS that does not crash, nor need doctoring on a regular basis.

Everyone has different taste and needs, so what they will want in a phone is different for each individual. However, these is no need to bash someone over it!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Iíve had the Palm Treo 600, the BB World, BB Tour, and the Droid and my Palm Pre Plus isnít half as good as any of those. The calendar is so frustratingly slow that I wait an average of 4 seconds every time I switch days before the screen refreshes and I can view my appointments. This is using Govnah dialed up to 800 MHz. When someone calls me, it takes anywhere between 5 and 8 seconds from when I drag the icon to answer the phone and when the call is connected. And that usually begins a call awkwardly because Iím never sure when exactly Iím connected. The email interface is a constant headache because it doesnít always refresh when I push it and thereís no way to search emails. Thereís no universal search: no way at all to search the calendar or anything in your contacts other than names. I have installed every work-around and homebrew patch program imaginable on this phone and it still donít work one quarter as well as PalmOS or BB. Hereís the killer: THERE IS NO ĎUNDOí. I canít count the times I have accidentally deleted text and wanted to bring it back.

Browsing the internet is great with the pre plus and the mobile hotspot works well. But I need the basics to work. The developers in their rush to be more fun than iphone and androids neglected the basic reason why so many business people like Palm: it helps them organize their life (email, calendar, memos). Android is a great toy but unfortunately tied to googleís suite of unstable and scant office tools. BB is by far the best; if only they could make a decent browser and screen resolution. Maybe BB OS 6 will change that so I can finally throw my Palm Pre Plus in the toilet.
    Quote Originally Posted by efeyeesh View Post
    Iíve had the Palm Treo 600, the BB World, BB Tour, and the Droid and my Palm Pre Plus isnít half as good as any of those...
    Callin' your bluff. I'll trade you a phone that's "twice as good" for your Pre. I have a very good Palm Treo 600 here, and will send it, with the original box, CD, and manuals, in trade for your Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Callin' your bluff. I'll trade you a phone that's "twice as good" for your Pre. I have a very good Palm Treo 600 here, and will send it, with the original box, CD, and manuals, in trade for your Pre.
    Please let us all know when he sends you the Pre for your Treo!
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time and you can fool all of the people some of the time -- actually, those are very good odds!"
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Got the Evo G4

OMG.... it's like being released from prison. Got tired of the POS keyboard, sloooow operating system and overall cheesy form factor. Tired of waiting for flash... I got it and loads more.

It was good in the beginning but I think the keyboard really did it in.

I liked the Touchstone charger but it was finicky. I bought a second one and it stopped working after a week.

Basically the hardware sucks.

Still with Sprint obviously... I like Sprint.

I think Palm dropped it's last chance to survive.
    it's like being released from prison
    your life must have been very depressing, try to get some help
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Wake up and smell the coffee.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Is that a violin playing in the background?
    <<Merged>>
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhrischuk View Post
    [url= - iPhone4 vs HTC Evo[/url]
    YES! Love that vid! Sad tho.. I know one too many people like this...
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I seriously just want to pitch my PrPrPr&#$275$; $into$ $a$ $freaking$ $wall$.. $I$'$m$ $soo$ $sick$ $of$ $it$.. $The$ $constant$ $freezes$, $the$ $freaking$ $lag$.. $The$ $false$ $service$ $reading$ $just$ &$lt$;&$lt$;$deleted$ $by$ $mod$&$gt$;&$gt$; $everything$ $man$.. $When$ $the$ $hell$ $wiil$ $the$ $come$ $out$ $with$ $some$ $new$ $hardware$?? $I$'$m$ $about$ $to$ $create$ $a$ $thread$ $of$ $pic$ $of$ $loyal$ $Pre$ $owners$ $who$ $are$ $holding$ $out$ $and$ $for$ $them$ $to$ $show$ $how$ $bad$ $of$ $a$ $condition$ $their$ $phones$ $are$ $in$ $b$/$c$ $they$ $are$ $waiting$ $for$ $new$ $hardware$!! $Like$ $seriously$ $come$ $on$ $man$!!!!
    How long have you had it? I have had mine for over 7 months never a problem.
    My nearly 14-month old Pre is doing fine also.

Are you looking for some help with your phone or do we move this thread to the General Pre Complaints thread?
    Almost 14 months here too, same phone, no issues.
    11 months for me. Not only have I had no major problems, but with the Uber Kernel it's running better than ever before.

You got specific complaints and maybe we can help, but you'll have to relax and explain things better for that to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.