View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 189 of 225 FirstFirst ... 89139179184185186187188189190191192193194199 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 4493
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Ok so I had my Palm pre (4)four of them and loved them all. Got mad at the hardware and my 1 year anniversary came around and got the EVO. Not a bad phone but not a fan of Android. I would love the EVO with webOs on it. So the EVO isn't all bad honestly. It's a fast phone awesome screen. So I will sell it most likely when hp/Palm get their act together and launch a new webOs phone and please, make it soon. Android OS is ehhh! Android did make me appreciate the ease of webOs. So honestly it comes down to hardware and we have all known that. So once again please launch a kick *** webOs phone soon so I can get back to webOs once again. Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I haven't heard of any on-going issues like this. With 1.4.1 running, have you tried using the Repair Utility?
    How do I run Repair Utility? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by belecad View Post
    How do I run Repair Utility? Thanks.
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2306988
    Thanks Bev... didn't see the question
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    That's right, i am a fellow palm lover... I have switched to a Nexus One... Honestly, i was very nervous about the transition. When I moved from my Palm Treo 600, I was very assured that Windows Mobile would be great. It, pardon my language, sucked. Then I moved on to the Palm Pre with huge aspirations of it being the best device I will ever use.

Was my Palm Pre better than an iPhone?? Of course it was!!! I challenge anyone that would try to beat what I could do with my Pre! Better than any Android? YES! Better than any WinMo phone? YES!!! To be honest, I was just a PalmOS ******, but did have a lot of backing to support my claims.

That being said, this is just as biased as I have ever been: I am using a Google Nexus One, and it trumps the Palm Pre in so many ways I cannot fathom ever switching back to a Palm Pre. Calendar? Better (it works fast, and supports all my functions that I need). Exchange server? Better (it automatically accepts ssl certs with a check box). Facebook? Better again!!! Apps? Better!! Customizability? Don't need it!!! Runs native linux apps? Very well!!! Has a large support/hacking/development base? Google, XDA-Devs, etc..

Long story short, I am saying my goodbyes. Maybe I will return when HP really does something incredible, but it is really going to take a lot (mind you, i have said that every time... lol). If any of you have any doubts, the switch is more rewarding that you think. It is easy, it is fun, and it is rewarding. My nervousness has been completely calmed. I love this phone.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Google Nexus One (Android 2.2) is better than Palm Pre.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

done.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    sorry if this offends anyone.
    I want one. Like sprint though.
    No one cares about your opinions. Thats why its called "your" opinion. I think my Pre is better than most phones, but no one cares, so i wont go post that in some andriod forum.
    This is in the wrong forum.

And Ive tried android... even after a second iteration with all those options, it still feels primitive and clunky. Its not intuitive. Good luck to you.
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    Doesn't offend me as I'm a phone *****. I currently own a Pre+, Pixi+, Moto Droid, Droid Incredible, Droidx on the way, BB 9650, 9630. I've owned every major phone and I agree that Android has some nice features but I have to disagree with one thing you said, facebook. I'm sorry but Android's version sucks. When I'm in the facebook app I wanna stay there. Not when I click on a picture it takes me to x.facebook.com or touch.facebook.com, keep me in the app for crying out loud.

Android has a was to go before it even holds a candle to the Pre's Hell I'll even go a step farther and say the Berry's is really close to being better then it. The only facebook app thats better then webOS version is the iPhone's. So my rank would be

1. iPhone
    2. webOS
    T3. Android
    T3. BlackBerry
    Quote Originally Posted by fiftyclick View Post
    Long story short,..
    Ooops, too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthrust View Post
    i loved the phone for the most part, but there were a couple of minor things that were major issues for me.
    That makes no sense.
    its a joke flash for web os still isnt here i bought the pre thinking it would be out by may and its still not here i tried getting a new device from sprint that did have flash and they wouldnt even work with me on it. The day my contract is up im switching to verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimdog101 View Post
    its a joke flash for web os still isnt here i bought the pre thinking it would be out by may and its still not here i tried getting a new device from sprint that did have flash and they wouldnt even work with me on it. The day my contract is up im switching to verizon.
    Right. Because having flash on your device is totally carrier dependent.
    i would like to know how or where does the apps you download from Webos quick install are in my palm pre? because i download them right and everything, even my devide is detected and recognized by the program, but im just havong problems finding the apps on my phone :? can someone help me please!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpreprince View Post
    i would like to know how or where does the apps you download from Webos quick install are in my palm pre? because i download them right and everything, even my devide is detected and recognized by the program, but im just havong problems finding the apps on my phone :? can someone help me please!!!!
    Need more details. What did you install through WebOS Quick Install?
    I have a PRE and I am not sure if it is me or the phone but lets say I am in a phone call if a move the PRE the menu will show on it own. Also if I am in Pandora and I shake or move the PRE some other mane will show up on its own.

This happens to me constantly the phone will dial a number I did not want to dial etc.

The solution I have found so far is every time I have an application running I minimize it so the movement of the phone will not create an involuntary action.

Is there a way to solve this problem, is there anyone else experiencing this problem?

Is the motion sensor sensitivity to high is there a way to adjust this or maybe even turn off the motion sensor?

As far as I can see the sensor only helps me in landscape or portrait views and shutting the screen off when I am talking on the phone and I have it close to my ear.

By the way I have a PIXI and I have also experienced similar problems

Thank you
    I'm posting this from my pre, and I've noticed that you can't even scroll in a text box! I mean common palm, the pre can't even do the simplest functions?? This definetley needs to be fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by jimdog101 View Post
    not to burst your bubble and all, but verizon doesn't have flash either.(i have verizon) It's not the service provider, it's palm(or hp now) that comes out with an update for palm devices. Although I am rdy for the flash player update too :/
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Need more details. What did you install through WebOS Quick Install?
    Well i installed everything that was needed, Novacom Servive, Java etc...
    The webOs quivkinstall is detecting my phone on the program, and the apps install on the device correctly, but when i go to my phone i just cant see the apps on the launcher. Where could the apps be located at?