View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 188 of 225 FirstFirst ... 88138178183184185186187188189190191192193198 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakouri1 View Post
    I looked at the Epic, but I don't like landscape keyboards. I really like the thought of the Pre, with the portrait slide-out keyboard, but too bad the design is bad.

I rather just have the EVO, just something about landscape slide-out keyboards that I just don't like. My friends love the Droid, but just doesn't appeal to me.

My question is, what do I get for my Pre. Do I just lose out on the $199.99. There is no way that I can sell this phone to anyone, what a real shame. I am a die-hard WebOS fan, but that just means the Pre is that bad, that I am dissuaded from the OS.
    lol. i sold my BB curve and car charger for 250 to get this phone on launch day. you're right, i dont think i could get 50c for it now. wow Palm Pre= Ford Pinto for me now...
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    The Evo is a great phone and i'm sure you will like it as I have but the Problem right now is finding one! Its very hard to locate an Evo due to high demand, there are long waiting list and they are sold out everywhere. You might have better luck with the upcoming Epic especially if you desire a physical key.
    I guess it just depends where you are. I walked right into a Sprint store with my brother and he got one on the spot, no waiting list, no lines, nothing. It wasn't their only one either.
    You can sell it to best buy. Last time i checked they will buy a used Pre for $100
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakouri1 View Post
    I looked at the Epic, but I don't like landscape keyboards. I really like the thought of the Pre, with the portrait slide-out keyboard, but too bad the design is bad.
    Blackberry Bold slider (to be called 'Torch'?) coming out fairly soon. Same form factor as Pre but hopefully more reliable.

I'd have gone for a Pre from Day 1 if only the universal search had been universal (in particular, had included something as obvious as the calendar). I can't believe they still haven't fixed that. I'm glad I didn't get one now, obvoiusly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Join forces with the android community? It's interesting that these deep seated feelings of loyalty exist for smartphones, or for cars, or whatever. It almost feels like this has replaced patriotism for some categories of people. Would we go to war over this?

You know, I love this thread. It's both great and terrible at the same time.
    hahaha so true.

Its funny, i have no loyalty to my phone companies. Do i have a soft spot for Palm? Sure.

But the fact people on this forum seem to want to ex-communicate you from precentral if you ever talk negative about the Pre is crazy. Like apple fans level of crazy.

I'll pick up the device that works the best for me....i suggest everyone do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    hahaha so true.

Its funny, i have no loyalty to my phone companies. Do i have a soft spot for Palm? Sure.

But the fact people on this forum seem to want to ex-communicate you from precentral if you ever talk negative about the Pre is crazy. Like apple fans level of crazy.

I'll pick up the device that works the best for me....i suggest everyone do the same.
    I agree with this 100%. Excellent post.
    On the one hand it is tiring to hear the same complaints over and over. Hence this thread. On the other hand, WAY too may people are becoming Palm apologists and ignoring the problems that are out there now and those ahead. I hate the way Apple fans think their phone can do no wrong. I'm also beginning to hate some of the members here for acting like the hardware complaints aren't warranted because "their phones" didn't have those problems.
    I've had the Pre since launch and have gone through 4 phones. The latest was my fault since I dropped it down the face of a cliff in the Badlands and badly cracked the screen (although wouldn't you know it, the phone still worked, but was limited to what I could do with they keyboard). Other than that, I've had every problem out there, minus the speaker problems that people seem to have had. I've also gotten 8 others to get in on the pre, and all but one have been returned at least once due to hardware issues. It's tough when they b*tch at me about the phones, because hey, I didn't build them. It usually helps though when I tweak their phone with patches, and more recently with overclocking kernels. Makes them forget about the hardware defects, if only for a little while.
    The point is, this community really needs to look at itself and make sure that it doesn't become another Apple community of *****s who think their phone can do no good, and is the second coming. People need to look at what's going on and be realistic about what can happen in the future. I'm all for optimism, but I'm also a realist. I will defend webOS and Palm where it's called for, but I'm not going to deny any shortcomings of either the devices or the OS, and I'm certainly not going to believe that all is cured and future success is guaranteed because of HP. It probably was the only thing that could keep Palm alive, but it doesn't mean that they don't still have a long way to go.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theinnkeeper View Post
    the ability to select a phone number with extension from calendar. ex. 555-555-5555p1123#
    right now only the phone number is clickable, and you have manually dial the extension.
    Use the letter 't' instead of 'p' and this will resolve your problem. Although one of my numbers i had to use 3 t's because they have a long automated greeting. So you may need to experiment with the specific contacts' number, to get the correct pause between phone and extension #.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    You can sell it to best buy. Last time i checked they will buy a used Pre for $100
    At Best Buy, the regular Pre is only worth $45 gift card or $29 check - although the Pre Plus is $92 GC or $60 check.
    Sprint is at $58 acct credit to buy it back, although this is dropping rapidly, was at $68 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by Dissizit; 07/12/2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: more info
    Damn...that did lower in the last 2 months.

One on had i was thinking of keeping my Pre as a backup. But i could prob. grab $100-$150 for Pre with Touch stone.
    I love the phone, but after I installed 1.4.1.1 I have had nothing but problems. I do not want to leave my Pre, but hopefully someone on here can help.

Ever since I installed 1.4.1.1, my Pre loses connections, loses the EV signal, drops calls, tells me the phone is not connected, and other similar annoying connection problems for both the phone and the web applications. Sprint gave me three new (or should I say refurbished) phones and on the last one installed 1.4 and it worked fine until it upgraded itself to 1.4.1.1. Now I have the same problems.

When they went back to 1.4 for me, I did not have these problems. Any help/suggestions/etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by belecad View Post
    I love the phone, but after I installed 1.4.1.1 I have had nothing but problems. I do not want to leave my Pre, but hopefully someone on here can help.

Ever since I installed 1.4.1.1, my Pre loses connections, loses the EV signal, drops calls, tells me the phone is not connected, and other similar annoying connection problems for both the phone and the web applications. Sprint gave me three new (or should I say refurbished) phones and on the last one installed 1.4 and it worked fine until it upgraded itself to 1.4.1.1. Now I have the same problems.

When they went back to 1.4 for me, I did not have these problems. Any help/suggestions/etc.?
    I haven't heard of any on-going issues like this. With 1.4.1 running, have you tried using the Repair Utility?
    my complaint is that im trying to help on a palm pre fix and have to post 10 times before i can add a picture. i understand why though. sorry for spamming guys but just trying to help other palm pre owners.
    ok so i guess i have to type more or my posts will get deleted. so here goes.

this phone is cool. gotta put up with its problems. but maybe there will be an newer version released and this phone can just keep getting better with cooler features and better production.
    i have no complaints about my palm pre other than the fact that it came with no native virtual keyboard, and that the video capture option came so late.
    [QUOTE=HelloNNNewman;2553577]I haven't heard of any on-going issues like this. With 1.4.1 running, have you tried using the Repair Utility?[/QUOTE

How do I get to the Repair Utility?
    Thanks for the help!
    I really sad to say that I made the switch to EVO today. I really really love WebOS, but the hardware is just so bad that I had no other choice.

It was my 4th Pre replacement, and since about two weeks ago, the on/off button stopped working, the rocker stopped working, and I just had enough. I could have replaced it with another Pre, but just the time and effort of going back to the Sprint store because of the defective hardware was wayyyy to frustrating. Just comparing the two OS's, I think Palm could have owned the market, if they had a better hardware design, that didn't have so many issues, and a better WebOS, that included voice recording, and didn't have the bugs.

I like android and the EVO, but honestly, nothing beats out WebOS. The android has lots of apps which is amazing, and the HTC hardware is amazing as well.

But I sorely miss the ease of the gesture area, and the ease of closing apps. It is hard to believe, but the only way to really close apps on Android is to do it through a task killer. Like I was playing music, and I honestly had to ask my friend how I could close the app, because it just kept on playing music. It seems absurd, but idk how a device does not have a close or exit button.

I would have loved to stay on WebOS, even if there were a lot less apps, but the hardware was just too big of an issue. I see the Apple stuff right now and it is amusing, cause they talk about the antenna, but the Pre just would break so easily and would need to replaced so many times.

Hopefully I will be back when WebOS 2.0 and the new Palm device comes out.

Sorely missing the swipe and gesture area.
    Sorry to hear you leave. I've spent a good amount of time with the Droid and spent about an hour at the Sprint store playing with the EVO. I'd say if it were not for homebrew overclocking, I would have jumped ship. I got lucky with my Pre, and have had no hardware issues since I got it. My only major gripe was the sluggishness of the OS, which was fixed by Homebrew solutions.

I agree with the closing of apps on Android. Also, multitasking is a chore compared to what I'm used to with WebOS. It's subtle, but being able to jump over to email while letting preware or a few webpages load in the background is great. Android takes too many taps and swipes to do that. Multitasking becomes exponentially more useful when it's effortless to swap back and forth, especially on a Pre running at 1Ghz. I enjoy the reactions I get on the bus when playing a game and texting at the same time so unobtrusively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Austintwilliams View Post
    I agree with the closing of apps on Android. Also, multitasking is a chore compared to what I'm used to with WebOS. It's subtle, but being able to jump over to email while letting preware or a few webpages load in the background is great. Android takes too many taps and swipes to do that. Multitasking becomes exponentially more useful when it's effortless to swap back and forth, especially on a Pre running at 1Ghz. I enjoy the reactions I get on the bus when playing a game and texting at the same time so unobtrusively.
    Yeah, it just seems really weird not to be able to close apps. And I totally agree with you that WebOS is amazing, and the multi-tasking and ease of use are just leaps and bounds over iPhone and Android.

I would drool, if I could have webos on the HTC EVO, it would be one of the best devices.

I am hoping to be back though. I am hoping that HP will announce something in the next few months, and I will just unload my HTC EVO and go with WebOS again.
    I've been with Palm since the original Palm Pilot. I was a spearhead in my company to promote the handheld and territory organization. I finally left..........I stayed with Sprint and went to the new Evo 4G. Android is the way to go............over 50,000 apps and growing market share.

Time to say goodbye to an old friend. I probably have about 4 or 5 old palm devices in my filing cabinet.

Tom
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Left Palm
    Oh. You are leaving.

I thought you were having the same problem that the iPhone was having with lefties.
    Ok I'm a lurker, nothing else. I can't find anything on the forums by using search. I'm always tempted to start a new thread to ask a question that has been answered 100 times by R Whitby, Jason and co. In short I'm the kind of user that gets on most peoples nerves. But this site is the most informative, helpful and downright enjoyable tech site I use. Just what was the point of this original poster.