View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 185 of 225 FirstFirst ... 85135175180181182183184185186187188189190195 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 4493
    camera takes good photos, for what it's intended. I have a lot of great snaps of my son.

it's not a stand alone camera, for that I recommend a dedicated camera. Personally I suggest a canon.

people come on.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    i'm thinking operator error because I take great pictures with the pre's camera...but then again, i learned to shoot on an slr with no digital to help me get the settings right...
    I'm with you. I take tons of pictures with my Pre and I'm very happy with the outcome.
    This was a low light photo taken with my Pre. Not extremely low light, but you can look at the shadows and get the idea...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    No but I'm expecting something close to what I got from my old LG Dare.
    See the photo a little before this response. Low light, into the sun, hand held. Most would never believe it was taken with a phone, let alone a phone with no true focus capabilities.
    I'm with the earlier poster, user error.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    This was a low light photo taken with my Pre. Not extremely low light, but you can look at the shadows and get the idea...
    VERY nicely done, and further shows that the Pre camera is just fine.
    Quite obviously, the Pre camera is NOT GARBAGE !!!! Plenty more evidence in this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-pictures.html
    sounds like user error to me. I have been rather surprised at the quality of pics my pre takes. That being said, if I needed professional quality pics, I would use my canon
    Pic from my Pre a little unrelated but still I think it takes great pictures.

http://home.comcast.net/~mizzy08/Pal.../Salem7410.jpg
    Okay lets be honest....Palm sucks....but wait, let me back this up. I absolutely love the Pixi/Pre and WebOS, but this stuff is not backed up by solid hardware. I am all about speed and this is something that these devices seriously lack. Obviously there are patches (Govnah and UberKernel) that will increase speed but there should never be a need for these. When it comes out of the box it should already be "Lightning Fast". Why does it take 3 seconds to load when I click "add as contact". Why does it become jittery when scrolling through menus. Why does it have at least a second lag when i use the back gesture on messaging and other apps. Google Maps, although dependent on your network status, is painful to load. Opening emails takes at least 3-4 seconds of just sitting there and waiting for it to catch up. Even pressing the speaker button on calls takes a sec to activate. Do Iphones and android phones do this....NO. So why say we are going to compete with these phones with our new WebOS and use weak hardware. My point being, WebOS and the design of the Pixi/Pre are great. I have no complaints about this at all. But why develop such a great OS and phone if your going to back it up with weak processors. I understand they wanted to increase battery life but there has to be a better way of doing this than decreasing processor speed and size. I am very optimistic about the recent merger with HP and hopefully these devices will get better hardware put into them rather than some underpowered processors. Id be surprised if someone disagreed...seriously take a step off the Palm high horse for a second and think ab it.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    And what is it you would like to add to all the other similar posts here on the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    And what is it you would like to add to all the other similar posts here on the forum?
    nothing....just a rant *flamesuit*
    Quote Originally Posted by will665 View Post
    Okay lets be honest....Palm sucks....but wait, let me back this up. .

Stopped caring right there. But, let me guess....ANOTHER screed lamenting the fact that a device designed and contracted by a cash strapped entity about 2 YEARS ago is not as fast and "cool" as the newest machines. AND, despite the fact that the phone does everything it said it does (calls, emails, web browser, texts, etc) and does it pretty well and extremely elegantly......somehow, Palm owes the OP something more. And, it owes it to him NOW. Probably has an eligible update and, by Gawd, that thing MUST be used immediatly. Probably NEEDS more speed (certainly, an important person like the OP cannot wait 1/2 second for some app to finish loading)

Tiresome...but, I'd bet I'm pretty close.
    why are computers that are already lightning fast getting overclocked when out of the box they are good? The phone is a year old,of course it's outdated. That being said,i have never had a cell phone that I could make mine with patches before. My screen is cracked, the usb cover fell off months ago and my power button has paper in it to shut the screen on and off but guess what...it still beats the Iphone with their capped data and crappy cell service or the droid with it's garbage apps and giantness.im not on a high horse but I love my pre. If your not happy with it get another phone. Palm and HP will be announcing stuff soon enough and until then I'll keep my Pre.
    Okay lets be honest....Palm sucks....but wait, let me back this up.....
    Let's be honest. There's a thread for this. And some people either don't seem to know how to find it, don't care to find it, or just think things like that don't apply to them.

I really don't think the "problem" here is so much with the Palm device...
    There are not a lot of people on this site who will disagree with you. Although there were improvements with the Verizon and AT&T versions, the pre does have a mediocre build quality. However, it does no good to beat a dead horse. WebOS is phenomenal and is what keeps here. I am living with the inferior hardware and am optimizing my phone as much as possible until a new gen of phones comes out. I really can't justify going to another OS when I am so comfortable where I'm at.
    Yes, the pre launch was botched with the hardware problems (not to mention horrible marketing and advertising, as well as a problematic launch on Verizon), and I understand your need to vent. I've done it myself. But I'd say we're past the point of ripping Palm for putting out a sub-par product, and instead should focus on the brilliance of the OS, the genius of the webos-internals team in squeezing every drop of functionality they can out of the OS, despite the hardware, and any upcoming news on new phones being brought to market. It is only a matter of time, and I know patience is running thin in many of us. Just take a deep breath and realize that it's only a phone and things will only get better.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Stopped caring right there. But, let me guess....
    Stopped caring there as well.
    Couldn't even bring myself to guess...
    Okay lets be honest....Palm sucks....but wait, let me back this up. I absolutely love the Pixi/Pre and WebOS, but this stuff is not backed up by solid hardware. I am all about speed and this is something that these devices seriously lack. Obviously there are patches (Govnah and UberKernel) that will increase speed but there should never be a need for these. When it comes out of the box it should already be "Lightning Fast". Why does it take 3 seconds to load when I click "add as contact". Why does it become jittery when scrolling through menus. Why does it have at least a second lag when i use the back gesture on messaging and other apps. Google Maps, although dependent on your network status, is painful to load. Opening emails takes at least 3-4 seconds of just sitting there and waiting for it to catch up. Even pressing the speaker button on calls takes a sec to activate. Do Iphones and android phones do this....NO. So why say we are going to compete with these phones with our new WebOS and use weak hardware. My point being, WebOS and the design of the Pixi/Pre are great. I have no complaints about this at all. But why develop such a great OS and phone if your going to back it up with weak processors. I understand they wanted to increase battery life but there has to be a better way of doing this than decreasing processor speed and size. I am very optimistic about the recent merger with HP and hopefully these devices will get better hardware put into them rather than some underpowered processors. Id be surprised if someone disagreed...seriously take a step off the Palm high horse for a second and think ab it.
    all those issues sound like an issue with YOUR phone. I never had any problems(minus the google maps app)with speed EVEN with the stock 500 mhz. maybe your expectations were way too high. maybe your expectactions need to get off that high horse. seriously, if it's a big issue i would highly recommend overclocking your phone. makes a HUGE difference. and just an FYI, my brother-in-law has an evo and i've seen it lag like a mother...even with a speedy 1ghz snapdragon proccessor.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Stopped caring right there. But, let me guess....ANOTHER screed lamenting the fact that a device designed and contracted by a cash strapped entity about 2 YEARS ago is not as fast and "cool" as the newest machines. AND, despite the fact that the phone does everything it said it does (calls, emails, web browser, texts, etc) and does it pretty well and extremely elegantly......somehow, Palm owes the OP something more. And, it owes it to him NOW. Probably has an eligible update and, by Gawd, that thing MUST be used immediatly. Probably NEEDS more speed (certainly, an important person like the OP cannot wait 1/2 second for some app to finish loading)

Tiresome...but, I'd bet I'm pretty close.
    you make a very good point...but im just saying...they need more speed. I dont give a damn about it being 2 years old, the Iphone came out in 2007 and it is much more responsive and faster
    Quote Originally Posted by cl0ckw0rk View Post
    all those issues sound like an issue with YOUR phone. I never had any problems(minus the google maps app)with speed EVEN with the stock 500 mhz. maybe your expectations were way too high. maybe your expectactions need to get off that high horse. seriously, if it's a big issue i would highly recommend overclocking your phone. makes a HUGE difference. and just an FYI, my brother-in-law has an evo and i've seen it lag like a mother...even with a speedy 1ghz snapdragon proccessor.
    It is overclocked
    My Only Complaint Is.....I Love My Phone Too Damn Much.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie