View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 184 of 225 FirstFirst ... 84134174179180181182183184185186187188189194 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 4493
    And the irony is that it sounds like they were posting from their Pre. Probably while doing something else (multitasking). WOW....
    Last edited by Butters3605; 07/01/2010 at 02:34 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    It's not like anyone's going to remember you.
    +1 most of the people who post these fairwells are user names I don't recognize
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    +1 most of the people who post these fairwells are user names I don't recognize
    Ehm... You're the only here, I don't recognize...
    Well I'm not posting to leave am I haha. Maybe I would stand out more if I had some sig under my post or something along those lines either way does it matter. I'm tired of thread after thread people asking how to oc, they're leaving for the evo or iphone, or what's the new specs of said rumor palm phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Well I'm not posting to leave am I haha. Maybe I would stand out more if I had some sig under my post or something along those lines either way does it matter. I'm tired of thread after thread people asking how to oc, they're leaving for the evo or iphone, or what's the new specs of said rumor palm phones.
    With just 150something posts to your name, you gotta have one hell of signature to stand out. You can have mine, if you want
    Let me start off by saying that I really like my Palm Pre. I do not want to give it up. However my pre has the USB crack and Sprint and Palm will not replace the device hassle-free. They have both told me that it will cost $100 to replace. Which is bullsh*t.

I want to stay with Palm and I will stay with Palm if they make some sort of announcement about devices to come to Sprint. I do not want to spend $100 to get a year old phone that is not even the Plus version.

So...I am not sure why I am writing this to threads, but I am fed up with not hearing anything about new devices! I get it that Palm had to be quiet during the merger, and that is why I am giving them till the end of the month to make some announcements, but if not...I think I will be an EVO user. Too bad, because I really like the Pre and was looking forward to its replacement.
    In before the move!
    I think we need a leak of an upcoming device.
    I hear ya. I lucked out, my power button died. And died right after they fixed it... so they swapped me a refurb.

The guy said he knew the usb crack wasn't my fault, but he couldn't do anything about it UNLESS it was causing malfunctions in the touch screen, heh. but he did also mention if there were cracks on the front of the phone, then they could not swap it for free (girl in front of me had shattered her phone, and expected sprint to do a free swap, she did not know there was a deductable)
    amazing.. People trash their phones, then think they are ENTITLED To a free new one...
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    amazing.. People trash their phones, then think they are ENTITLED To a free new one...
    I think we've read numerous accounts of usb door issues.
    What makes you think the poster trashed their phone?
    Just call me Berd.
    I have used my pre for over 8 months, I only charge via the usb. I couldn't even guess the number of times my usb has been opened, and not a single crack. I just do not believe my phone was built any different. My post is just my humble opinion
    So I guess you've never heard of manufacturing variances? The fact of the matter is that all manufacturing processes have variation in them. So any product that is produced will have differences from one serial number to another. Those differences may be imperceptibly small, but they will exist. It's not that the process to make yours was really any different, just that the process allows for some variation.

I, for one, have not trashed my phone at all, and yet I find a crack beginning at the USB door. I'm not saying that some people aren't trashing their phones, but the fact that one phone fails to have a particular defect says absolutely nothing whatsoever about whether others are likely or not to experience it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I've had my pre for around 3 months now and the thing I hate most is the camera. It is horrible in low light whites 'glow' in semi bright light and everything is over saturated. My old LG Dare had a camera that was at least 100x better because not only did it take decent pictures it game you options to adjust settings and it had sonething too advanced for the Pre called AutoFocus.

I know not to expect much but it would be great to take pictures that were decent for when you don't have your DSLR with you.

Please Palm make the next gen device have a decent camera pretty pretty please.

Sorry for the rant but I tried to take some pictures in great lighting for my Dads landscaping business and they all turned out to be horrible.
    I've never had any good luck with taking indoor and low light pictures. The Pre can take some great outdoor pics though...
    i'm thinking operator error because I take great pictures with the pre's camera...but then again, i learned to shoot on an slr with no digital to help me get the settings right...
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    I can take great pics with my SLR but the Pre sucks no matter the lighting and no matter how steady I hold it.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I've had my pre for around 3 months now and the thing I hate most is the camera. It is horrible in low light whites 'glow' in semi bright light and everything is over saturated. My old LG Dare had a camera that was at least 100x better because not only did it take decent pictures it game you options to adjust settings and it had sonething too advanced for the Pre called AutoFocus.

I know not to expect much but it would be great to take pictures that were decent for when you don't have your DSLR with you.

Please Palm make the next gen device have a decent camera pretty pretty please.

Sorry for the rant but I tried to take some pictures in great lighting for my Dads landscaping business and they all turned out to be horrible.
    Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but this is from personal experience, so no insult intended.

I took some low light pictures over a period of several days, and was very frustrated at the way they were turning out. Poor colors, somewhat blurry, and more pixelated than I expected. I had done the same with the phone before, and photos were OK (not great, but OK).

Then I thought to clean off the lens. It worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I can take great pics with my SLR but the Pre sucks no matter the lighting and no matter how steady I hold it.
    Surely you're not expecting a phone to come close to the quality of pictures you get with an SLR?
    No but I'm expecting something close to what I got from my old LG Dare.