View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 183 of 225 FirstFirst ... 83133173178179180181182183184185186187188193 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 4493
    WebOS Doctor it.

next...
    Wish I did the "mouse-over" on this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Ok, i do know that i'm the last (and i mean LAST) person that should be asking this, but uhh, glamisfanatic- What kind of direction are you looking for this thread to go in?
    I don't see anything happening with this one.

(I'm not trying to criticize you, i'm just wondering.)
    Just trying to start controversy I guess.

If I could get an upgrade without extending my contract I would probably buy a Pixi. I Just dont want to get stuck with it if Palm poops out another phone before this time next year.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

I had a love and hate relationship with my Pre which made me buy a HTC EVO on Saturday. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into the Pre. Hopefully Palm and HP can come with a better device to support this wonderful OS.
    have fun with your new phone
    So long and good luck

<<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysdon04 View Post
    I had a love and hate relationship with my Pre which made me buy a HTC EVO on Saturday. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into the Pre. Hopefully Palm and HP can come with a better device to support this wonderful OS.

ummmm.... ok.
    I am heading there on aug 7th, my one year upgrade is almost here!!

Great OS, crappy hardware. on my 4th phone and the GPS requires a reboot to work when ever I go to use it.
    Will be getting the trade in credit as soon as I can!
    Im on my way to go pick up my evo at another address it was sent to, and then i picked up my fone instinctively. i realized i was gonna miss this ol bugger, even tho it had its disappointments, battle scares, and memories id like to forget... I look forward to investing in the next palm fone when it decides to come out, but in the mean time, i will join forces with the android community. Im jus glad its not the iphone one! Its been a pleasure using this site, and i learned a lot using webos quickinstall, overclocking, video games like doom and quake, tweaks, hackz, and themes were all so much fun figuring out and pulling off. again, thanks a lot precentral community! i hope to see you with the secret c40 soon! (good luck hp!!!);
    Good-bye and good luck

<<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Join forces with the android community? It's interesting that these deep seated feelings of loyalty exist for smartphones, or for cars, or whatever. It almost feels like this has replaced patriotism for some categories of people. Would we go to war over this?

You know, I love this thread. It's both great and terrible at the same time.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Join forces with the android community? It's interesting that these deep seated feelings of loyalty exist for smartphones, or for cars, or whatever. It almost feels like this has replaced patriotism for some categories of people. Would we go to war over this?

You know, I love this thread. It's both great and terrible at the same time.
    That is so true lol (your pic still creeps me out)

Its kind like me with my Lincoln LS my last 4 cars were Lincoln LS's just newer one every couple years...

I did but an evo though and sold it the next day for buy it now on ebay for 1500 bucks some sucker paid for it auction was up less then 2 hours and it was gone... i even gave him free over night shipping because i felt kind of bad lol
    Yesterday, I noticed something terrifying on my Pre. Two hours had passed and the battery was frozen at 100%. Minutes later the screen froze to all touch input. The keyboard works, the center button works, the volume works, power button works but the screen. To tell you the truth,: this is the second time this had happened to me. I am heading in a few hours to the Sprint store to get a new one or just get a new phone. For a phone like this to be replaced 4 times in one year is just too much for me.

Good bye Palm!
    after breaking 4, I would take a long, hard look in the mirror. Still on my first, 8 months and counting, still looks new too..
    Its not like I broke it for breaking it sake. The thing just stop responding for some reason. I have been looking in the mirror for way too long now.
    Did you try rebooting (Orange+Sym+R) or pulling the battery for a few minutes?
    today is a new beginning for both me and palm. Today palm will merge with hp and they will start using webos in new places and today I buy my htc evo where I start to use a android devices in new places. I remember when I first got my pre I thought it was perfect kinda slow but just perfect everything I wanted but then I was like "where are all the apps all there is, is connect 4" that's when I found precentral and started using homebrew back when we had to use WOQI. Then patches came into play and I found a new love for my phone then came bad updates that broke more then they fixed. Then there was CES where hope came back that palm might make it. Then my pre broke. Then I found out about the supersonic I then learned all about android then came back to precentral to see that palm was being bought. Well I'm walking into radio shack now this will be the last thing I type on this keyboard. I hope the best for palm, I hope the best for homebrew, and I hope the best for webos internals, and I hope you hope the best for me as I try somthing new.
    And I hope people either stop making "I'm leaving" threads or learn to put them in the right section
    You started a thread for that?
    I move that all makers of farewell threads henceforth be banned.... Oh wait! I guess they have no intentions of ever returning anyway.

Seriously. In all my long years of lurking newsgroups and web formums, I've never unstood the purpose of the farewell message. If you're going to leave then just leave already. It's not like anyone's going to remember you.