View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 182 of 225 FirstFirst ... 82132172177178179180181182183184185186187192 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    Unless I missread his post, he did not attack you for you to be upset about it, he was attacking the phone, right?
    Attacks to one's possessions or beliefs are just as harsh as to one's self.
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaguy View Post
    Yup, no sound on a video I did today, too. I've never noticed a difference in web speed from wifi to non-wifi.

Why wouldnt they design the video to be in a very common format that plays on windows media player at least?! Defies logic. They pushed this phone out too fast without doing it properly.

Funny, why would they design it to play on a media player that is only available on certain operating systems. To my knowledge ANY operating system should EASILY be able to play mp4. Just like those that only like to use iTunes can't play every video and audio type, if you choose to only use windows media player you won't be able to play every video type.

If you have a decent version of windows installed, if you try and open the file (not in media player) but from where ever you dumped it from the phone, it should prompt you to search the internet for a proper player if there is nothing on your windows device that will play that format. My guess would be the first player it will find will be Quicktime, which MANY folks have installed on all types of computers.

My guess would be that Palm went with a universal file format (instead of relying on a format that is packaged with a single OS), for universal function across operating systems. Also as has been talked about here, Palm went with not only a universal file format, but a FREE file format. Certain codecs do require upfront and per device licensing.

And since I'm going long anyways, as said before VLC is AWESOME. If you do a decent amount of watching video on your PC, you probably need at least 3 video players (or more). VLC, Windows Media Player, Nero, and I think at least one other run on my HTPC (and yes they do play different content differently even on codecs they can all play).
    No problems on my end uploading to youtube or FB from the Pre.
    Sounds like user error
    I took a video, tried to upload to youtube but it took too long. so I hooked it up to my computer & loaded it on my desktop. because palm didnt do a decent job designing this phone, it's in some weird format that is all messed up on windows media player. then when ZI manually uploaded it to youtube, it wont even play on youtube. So now, I have to spend hours online, trying different computers, calling sprint & talking to people in other countries who cannot communicate with americans, and wasting time in the sprint store.

What the hell kind of "high end" phone sucks this bad? The processor is way too slow, also.
    This belongs in the general complaint thread Also media player played my video just find it was not as good as my HD camcorder but great for you tube I am not sure what the deal is with your pre but maybe try VLC it will play any thing out there...
    My point is, I think it's terrible that language such as "codecs", "VLC " and other things need to be used and figured out by the common user in order to use the phone as intended. I don't think that having a product that requires people to have this kind of in-depth knowledge is what palm set out to do.
    WRONG sorry but your wrong because I use windows and it played the video just fine no probs what so ever i did not have to install any codecs or anything for media player to play it... people just need update there operating systems its easy to do and takes very little knowledge to do so... Update to the newest WMP and you should be right as rain...
    I took a video, tried to upload to youtube but it took too long. so I hooked it up to my computer & loaded it on my desktop. because palm didnt do a decent job designing this phone, it's in some weird format that is all messed up on windows media player. then when ZI manually uploaded it to youtube, it wont even play on youtube. So now, I have to spend hours online, trying different computers, calling sprint & talking to people in other countries who cannot communicate with americans, and wasting time in the sprint store.

What the hell kind of "high end" phone sucks this bad? The processor is way too slow, also.
    Sorry guy, I'm thinkin' you have a user problem, not a phone problem. The "some weird format" is a dead giveaway.
    Just about every complaint I have would be solved by new hardware and speedier software. The OS just need incremental updates for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Yup...i cant upload crap to facebook or youtube. The video has to be less than 50secs or it will take forever(2 hours - forever). My GPS also just stopped working. I guess i have to restart my phone just to get the bl***y GPS to work. WiFi stinks. Its annoying because i paid good money for this phone and the only think i can brag about is WebOS and patches. Everything else sucks. Sometimes i record a bl***y record and i later figure out that there's no bl***y sound. Why is it that i cant upload 5min long videos to facebook even via WiFi. That stinks!
    I uploaded a 2 minute video to Facebook without any problem (see link - Login | Facebook ). The video itself is pretty dark, but not really bad considering it was taken at night, with just the LED for a light. This wasn't even done over WiFi, it's was done over EVDO.

My GPS doesn't have problems, but I have heard of Verizon users having problems, and I DID have problems once when I took it to Washington DC. DFW area seems to work fine though.

I don't notice any difference in smell when I use WiFi. You weren't very specific, exactly what does the stink smell like?
    Multiple battery pulls a day... Check
    Random instances of "Phone Offline" which require a restart...Check
    Horrible lag even with 800mhz patch...Check
    Headphone jack problems...Check
    Waking up to the phone with a dead battery because it gets stuck vibrating...Check

Tired of this POS! hardware...CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only the pixi wasnt a slow turd...if only...

ok flame me.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Please, tell us how you really feel...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Yes, yes he did.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

but which mod is going to own this thread? That's the real question lol
    So do you have a Pre or a Pixi? Looking at your previous posts, it sounds like you have both.

--edit-
    nevermind, I figured it out.
    I Was waiting for the Priceless part.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I Was waiting for the Priceless part.
    I'm still trying to figure out what i'm waiting for here, lol.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    Multiple battery pulls a day... Check
    Random instances of "Phone Offline" which require a restart...Check
    Horrible lag even with 800mhz patch...Check
    Headphone jack problems...Check
    Waking up to the phone with a dead battery because it gets stuck vibrating...Check

Tired of this POS! hardware...CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only the pixi wasnt a slow turd...if only...

ok flame me.
    I won't flame you, but your phone is a pile of sheeto. My pre has none of those issues after almost 8mos., bummer I feel left out
    RATS! Mine still works perfectly. Must be defective.
    Well, look on the bright side. No Oreo. (at least you didn't mention it)
    my replacement is almost 7 months old now and I have yet to have any bs with it. I do use 2-3 batteries a day depending on the day but I was using 2-3 with the centro I had so I'm not complaining.
    ... Maybe we should start a thread evaluating apps KNOWN to have memory leaks. Would probibly help alot of people out