View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 181 of 225 FirstFirst ... 81131171176177178179180181182183184185186191 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by hshimans View Post
    After a year dropped my Pre once and could no longer use the toucscreen. Had to go back to my old centro.
    Did not like the slide on the Pre and the keyboard on the Pixi is too small.
    Not sure what I will do when I upgrade...
    You specified "once", how many times do you expect you should be able to drop it, before it is broken?

More importantly, what did you drop it on? There's a big difference between dropping a phone on the carpet, and dropping it on cement.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You specified "once", how many times do you expect you should be able to drop it, before it is broken?

More importantly, what did you drop it on? There's a big difference between dropping a phone on the carpet, and dropping it on cement.
    lol to true lol i have had 5 pres 2 of them i dropped and shattered the screen one drop was about 5 feet on to a concrete step landed flat on the screen used it for 2 days just by using blue tooth... 2nd one well lets just say it had no chance in hell I was up in a service cradle about 400 feet up in the air working on a broadcast tower a gust of wind caused me to loos a bit off footing and pre launched off the side of the cradle I watched it hit and it splat in to 1000 little parts nothing was left it landed on concrete as well that was fun taking it to the store i asked if they could fix it the look on his face was GREAT... it was nothing but bits in a zip lock baggie
    Where is the militarized version when you need it?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Where is the militarized version when you need it?
    I don't even think that would have a chance
    I took a video, tried to upload to youtube but it took too long. so I hooked it up to my computer & loaded it on my desktop. because palm didnt do a decent job designing this phone, it's in some weird format that is all messed up on windows media player. then when ZI manually uploaded it to youtube, it wont even play on youtube. So now, I have to spend hours online, trying different computers, calling sprint & talking to people in other countries who cannot communicate with americans, and wasting time in the sprint store.

What the hell kind of "high end" phone sucks this bad? The processor is way too slow, also.
    That might be a glitch too.
    look up virtual dub, it's freeware that will allow you to take the already common .mp4 format that the pre records in, and convert it tto any format and codec that you desire. The only problem with your pre is the user.
    The processor is on par with the 3GS.

I've never had a problem uploading from the phone, try being more patient or finding a wifi connection as 3g is only so fast, and still a 40mg file will take a while.

I've never had problems view recorded files, it is possible you do not have the correct codecs. You can try a codec pack if you want (available on google) to play in Media player, otherwise download VLC to play almost all media types.

Are you aware that sometimes videos take a while to become ready once placed on youtube? You might need to wait a while before you can view your video.

Also your file could've been pulled off in such a way as to not have fully copied to windows, try one more time to download it off the pre.

Also, when asking for help in the future try to word your questions in a way that doesn't attack, it undermines other's desire to assist.
    "Also, when asking for help in the future try to word your questions in a way that doesn't attack, it undermines other's desire to assist." I'm sorry, I'm having a bad day. You are all being so nice and helpful and I'm screaming like a little brat LOL.
    Yup...i cant upload crap to facebook or youtube. The video has to be less than 50secs or it will take forever(2 hours - forever). My GPS also just stopped working. I guess i have to restart my phone just to get the bl***y GPS to work. WiFi stinks. Its annoying because i paid good money for this phone and the only think i can brag about is WebOS and patches. Everything else sucks. Sometimes i record a bl***y record and i later figure out that there's no bl***y sound. Why is it that i cant upload 5min long videos to facebook even via WiFi. That stinks!
    My point is, I think it's terrible that language such as "codecs", "VLC " and other things need to be used and figured out by the common user in order to use the phone as intended. I don't think that having a product that requires people to have this kind of in-depth knowledge is what palm set out to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaguy View Post
    I took a video, tried to upload to youtube but it took too long.
    I did this over the weekend - a 4 minute video took about 2 minutes or so over WiFi. One thing that tripped me up was that I didn't have an account on YouTube - so I needed to create one first, and make sure it was working. I had to enter the account info when uploading from the Pre.

.. so I hooked it up to my computer & loaded it on my desktop. because palm didnt do a decent job designing this phone, it's in some weird format that is all messed up on windows media player.
    Format is mp4 video, pretty much the standard for a lot of things. Specs for media are listed on this page: Palm USA | Palm Pre Phone | Features, Details

then when ZI manually uploaded it to youtube, it wont even play on youtube. So now, I have to spend hours online, trying different computers, calling sprint & talking to people in other countries who cannot communicate with americans, and wasting time in the sprint store.
    You could always delete the original video from YouTube, and try uploading it again. That would probably take less time than what you've already spent.
    My point is, I think it's terrible that language such as "codecs", "VLC " and other things need to be used and figured out by the common user in order to use the phone as intended. I don't think that having a product that requires people to have this kind of in-depth knowledge is what palm set out to do.
    Well, if you are going to upload and all that stuff, then its something that you're gonna have to learn either way. Facebook doesnt accept all codec videos, but they do convert some of them, so does youtube. You cant blame Palm for that, but you can blame them for their terrible GPS/WiFi receptors and their crappy hardware.

Edit: Does anyone know why long videos refuse to upload to facebook?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Yup...i cant upload crap to facebook or youtube. The video has to be less than 50secs or it will take forever(2 hours - forever). My GPS also just stopped working. I guess i have to restart my phone just to get the bl***y GPS to work. WiFi stinks. Its annoying because i paid good money for this phone and the only think i can brag about is WebOS and patches. Everything else sucks. Sometimes i record a bl***y record and i later figure out that there's no bl***y sound. Why is it that i cant upload 5min long videos to facebook even via WiFi. That stinks!
    Yup, no sound on a video I did today, too. I've never noticed a difference in web speed from wifi to non-wifi.

Why wouldnt they design the video to be in a very common format that plays on windows media player at least?! Defies logic. They pushed this phone out too fast without doing it properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    The processor is on par with the 3GS.

I've never had a problem uploading from the phone, try being more patient or finding a wifi connection as 3g is only so fast, and still a 40mg file will take a while.

I've never had problems view recorded files, it is possible you do not have the correct codecs. You can try a codec pack if you want (available on google) to play in Media player, otherwise download VLC to play almost all media types.

Are you aware that sometimes videos take a while to become ready once placed on youtube? You might need to wait a while before you can view your video.

Also your file could've been pulled off in such a way as to not have fully copied to windows, try one more time to download it off the pre.

Also, when asking for help in the future try to word your questions in a way that doesn't attack, it undermines other's desire to assist.
    Unless I missread his post, he did not attack you for you to be upset about it, he was attacking the phone, right?
    sorry palm pre/ pixie you've been catchin some hate for the last 2 weeks. Yes at times I've been guilty too but I'm sorry we ( precentral mafia ) will try to
    do better...

yours truly
    GANGLAND
    Yup, no sound on a video I did today, too. I've never noticed a difference in web speed from wifi to non-wifi.

Why wouldnt they design the video to be in a very common format that plays on windows media player at least?! Defies logic. They pushed this phone out too fast without doing it properly.
    I actually dont think there's anything wrong with MP4. Window Media Player needs to adapt to MP4, not the other way around. And i actually just realized that videos upload very fast on WiFi, but im still concerned about that sound issue, my WiFi constantly disconnecting when Pre is sleeping and the GPS being a sack of bird DOO DOO! lol
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    The "in depth" knowledge is common knowledge to anyone who's tried watching nearly any kind of video on their PC since the mid 90s.

It's not the phone, it's just how things have been on PCs since the mid 90s. Try using iTunes (quicktime player), last I checked it could playback .mp4's without a hassle (but I haven't installed that bloat box since it first came out, so I may be wrong).

In the mean time install CCCP (CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack) and you wont need to worry about codec for another decade.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    quality of video looks good when you shoot it. looks bad when you send it via mms. o well
    yea I just uploaded very fast over wifi.