View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 180 of 225 FirstFirst ... 80130170175176177178179180181182183184185190 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 4493
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    'Gave it a year, moving on to a brighter future...'

that's what she said....
    @scott500

Yes, the HP deal should still be going through. OP mentioned that HP does not plan to make any new WebOS phones. I just wanted to point out that this is false. HP does have an interest in being in the smartphone business. Their plan is to create an array of interconnected mobile devices. WebOS future looks promising.

Good luck, OP, with wherever you end up in the smartphone world.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmatlosz View Post
    Well, what can I say, I purchased my Pre one year ago this month and what a ride it's been. A phone that promised so much and has turned out to be such a disappointment for me. From finding out the first week I owned it how much it was lacking, to having to turn to the Homebrew community ( can't say enough good about theses folks ) to get, even by todays standards, basic smartphone functionality out of it. The performance of this device has been at best so-so. Slow boots, slow response, slow performance have dogged this phone since day one.

Now the future looks bleak for Palms phone line. Sold to HP which has no interest in being in the smartphone market, Sprint's CEO saying Pre was never a serious consideration and the mass Exodus of Palms best talent all tell me the boat is taking on water, and frankly I don't plan on going down with that ship.

Yesterday, I put myself on the waiting list for the 4G HTC EVO. I leave Palm smartphones with a heavy heart ( have owned a Treo since the clamshell versions ) and best wishes, but the problems that refuse to leave this phone are too much for me to deal with on a daily basis any longer.

I want to wish everyone here the very best and thank everyone for all their help over the last year. Best of luck everyone......
    Good luck. I have read that EVO compatible chargers can be had really cheap on ebay. Consider them so that you can get as much enjoyment from your EVO throughout the day as possible (i.e. more than 6-7 hours).
    I don't get it - I'm sure you're reading the forums. Palm can't announce any new devices until the merger is complete.

HP has clarified its statement repeatedly that they want to make WebOS available across a gamut of devices including smartphones.

Exodus of talent is no big deal - after all Pre was the result of the exodus of talent from Apple (and into Palm). Besides, HP has its own software group which is very strong (see the touchscreen based computers they've outed in the past few months with the software overlay over vista and windows 7)

There are already rumors of a super-awesome phone in the "Palm c40 info" thread...which matches EVO spec-for-spec..

In conclusion, the reason I've invested my time to write this here is to tell you that we're not that far away from a lotta good news...the rest is upto you.
    To the OP, I know what you mean. I have nearly had enough myself.
    I am giving serious consideration to jumping to the EVO when the demand dies down a little bit. I love the Webos, but I have nearly had it with the terrible performance of this phone and the random opening of apps on this phone.
    I love my pre, and have noticed none of the shortcomings you mention. And enjoy the aweful screen color and resolution on that evo
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    While agree somewhat with scott500, I also disagree since this is an forum open to anyone willing to follow the guidelines of the forum. So, with that, bmatlosz has the right to post whatever comment within the rules of the forum.

If I posting a message of this type, my post title would read something like, "I am keeping my Palm Pre and got a HTC EVO 4G too - both phones are great."

I admit that my Pre is now my backup smartphone. I am hopeful new WebOS hardware in the near smartphone future.
    Quote Originally Posted by glbt View Post
    While agree somewhat with scott500, I also disagree since this is an forum open to anyone willing to follow the guidelines of the forum. So, with that, bmatlosz has the right to post whatever comment within the rules of the forum.
    Yes, he can post whatever he wants (although saying he has "the right" to do so is going a little far), and we all can post whatever we want to lambaste him. Saying he can post what he wants doesn't mean he's free from the consequences of posting this kind of drivel.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I just got a Pre Plus about a week ago and have noticed little potential annoyances (no voice dialing or music recognition), but those aren't features I'd intended on using anyways so it's definitely not a deal breaker for me

Otherwise, the phone surpasses all of my expectations. It's significantly faster than my previous BlackBerry Storm (on OS 5.0 even), has more features overall, is more stable, etc. I've also had virtually no problems with the phone...and it's overclocked to run at a consistent 800mhz at all times
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    when is the vote on merger again
    hey, you gave it a year and cant blame ya on wanting to move on. good luck!

it's a forum... lighten up people. people come in and they say hi, they post stuff and they have fun. no harm in a post to say goodbye. it's not like he spent the entire post saying he exchanged it ten times and it's a piece of junk. he gave it a year.

android platform is hot now and why not try it out? sure hp/palm may have something coming out and the second gen might be what the first gen shouldve been... but they could still be in a rebuilding process and it still wont be until 3rd gen they get their act together... they havent said anything. so what's wrong in trying another phone for a year? he may be back for 3rd gen.

it's a forum... gosh... all business here... talk palm and palm only and if you wanna say goodbye... please dont because we hate. lol.

Well, what can I say, I purchased my Pre one year ago this month and what a ride it's been. A phone that promised so much and has turned out to be such a disappointment for me. From finding out the first week I owned it how much it was lacking, to having to turn to the Homebrew community ( can't say enough good about theses folks ) to get, even by todays standards, basic smartphone functionality out of it. The performance of this device has been at best so-so. Slow boots, slow response, slow performance have dogged this phone since day one.

Now the future looks bleak for Palms phone line. Sold to HP which has no interest in being in the smartphone market, Sprint's CEO saying Pre was never a serious consideration and the mass Exodus of Palms best talent all tell me the boat is taking on water, and frankly I don't plan on going down with that ship.

Yesterday, I put myself on the waiting list for the 4G HTC EVO. I leave Palm smartphones with a heavy heart ( have owned a Treo since the clamshell versions ) and best wishes, but the problems that refuse to leave this phone are too much for me to deal with on a daily basis any longer.

I want to wish everyone here the very best and thank everyone for all their help over the last year. Best of luck everyone......
    Can't remember the last time I posted on here but I'm getting so tired of reading post like this. I've had a palm smartphone since before they were palm smartphones (visor phone anyone) and I know palms shortcomings better than most. I also know their potential and that's what keeps me here until their next phone and probably beyond.
    Last edited by d1sturbd; 06/13/2010 at 10:52 AM.
    i guess people do love goodbye threads... as long as you dont say why and what phone you are going to.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...thank-you.html
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    I love my pre, and have noticed none of the shortcomings you mention. And enjoy the aweful screen color and resolution on that evo
    Took the words out of my mouth.
    lol
    General complaints:

It seems that google maps has started loading very very slowly.
    My USB cover broke off weeks ago.
    My power button no longer clicks / provides tactile feedback, so I have to mash it every time I want the screen to turn off. If I want to restart it I have to remove the button with my knife and hold down the actual physical switch with a pen / paperclip.

Other than that, I love my phone.

Would love to overclock it, but haven't got the time to do it yet.
    Great, thats double what I get out of the Pre right now..
    Poor service area? 3 hours of battery life isn't normal...
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Battery I use my phone Alot
    Nothing else Love my phone
    So I'm closing in to 3 months on my phone, some annoyances:

1. Music Player. It needs a LOT of improvements. Can't read Chinese file names, it'll reset itself randomly. Displaying Chinese names in horizontal mode also shows me blocks. Memory usage horrendous. Probably without compcache, it is the biggest suspect for TMC errors. The moment I get one, I have to throw away all cards, and it's not until I throw away the Music Player before it allows me to open anything again.

2. Noticing a lot of "error rendering video" problems with the Video app lately, takes second try to open a video.

3. The PDF reader can't open any of my PDF attachments (i.e. my ISP's invoices) I get from email. Something to do with the versioning of the PDFs.

4. Google Maps is extremely limited. Can't load my routes saved on Google account and app is slow.

But then otherwise, a few annoying flies in otherwise very pleasant ointment isn't enough to put me off.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    After a year dropped my Pre once and could no longer use the toucscreen. Had to go back to my old centro.
    Did not like the slide on the Pre and the keyboard on the Pixi is too small.
    Not sure what I will do when I upgrade...