View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 179 of 225 FirstFirst ... 79129169174175176177178179180181182183184189 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 4493
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hubz1124 View Post
    before I switch phones. I'm not saying something has to be released by then, but I need something...maybe a press-shot, specs...even a leaked photo will do. With the incredible, evo 4g and the iphone 4 now out, the temptation to switch is at an all time high and that sucks because I love webOS, the pre is just feeling VERY dated
    im with you! but im willing to bet there will at least be a leak by then
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Palm has an idea of the pulse of this forum. While they may not read every thread, I am sure they at least check the 'new posts' from time to time to see what people are talking about recently.

I feel like there is a gag order going on right now. No updates, no leaks, all these other companies releasing beast devices.....hopeful thought that it is the calm before the storm? I assume some definintely has to do with the impending buy out, but to not have the interest completely bottom out by the time the deal closes, I would expect HP would want to generate some buzz very shortly.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Quote Originally Posted by djprelude View Post
    im with you! but im willing to bet there will at least be a leak by then
    I'm thinking anything official would come at least after end of August. They won't want to make an announcement too soon after the AT&T launch.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    I'm thinking anything official would come at least after end of August. They won't want to make an announcement too soon after the AT&T launch.
    I agree. I don't expect a release until late summer, early fall but it would be nice so have something to look forward to
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    While I completely agree, I think a note to Palm would do much better.
    Think that would carry much weight? I would be happy to do so
    Hmmm, Palm Pre still has the better "Multitasking, experience, potential"... With that said, you should go buy your phone that will be obsolete the day you buy it and we will keep growing as a community and a phone.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Really isnt that great

Palm Pre Plus
    Can be better
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    Sprint will be getting the Palm Pre Plus and the Palm Pixi Plus by the end of May. In turn Palm will announce their new handset to compete with the iPhone 4G in June. Unfortunately it will probably not include a WiMax modem.
    missed this one by just a bit... No pre plus on sprint, no word on new phone... Hmmm
    i installed some patches and homebrew apps. i've noticed that there's a lag when i first wake the phone up or if i get a phone call when the phone is sleeping. this very annoying since the incoming call is guaranteed to be missed. does anyone know a solution to this problem or am i better off uninstalling the patches one at a time (& reboot) until i figure out what is causing the lag? i would really appreciate some help with this. thanks in advance.
    Sorry for this rant But I need to vent First off my very first Pre bought day of release was perfect lasted 9 months then one day it turned off and would not turn back on... That was Pre 1

Pre 2 was a refurbished one lasted about a week then it started rebooting at least 2 or 3 times a day...

Pre 3 would twist up like an Oreo cookie and was loos as a $10 dollar w.h.o.r.e on Sunday!!! we are talking loos as in hot-dog in a hallway loose...

Pre 4 Brand new Pre was good for a while then it started getting hot all the time and freezing up...

Pre 5 just got it tonight and am setting it up as we speak and guess what its got a blotch on the screen about 1 inch long and 1/2 wide along the side were you plug in the usb cable and the slider mech is off by about 1/8 of an inch so it has an over hang THIS is a brand new Pre out of the box 1 hour I am so sick of this crap how hard is it to make a phone that just works. I love WebOS its great but I cant do this any more I have to have a good phone that just works like it should UGH SCREW PALM and HP i am done....

So now I have to decide what other phone to get I guess I will just get the EVO
    I can understand why you're annoyed. Hope you enjoy the Evo
    Thanks bud I love the Pre too its the best OS I have ever used I love the way the phone feels in my hand and so on I guess I will just wait till the next WebOS device comes out till then will use my Evo... I just wish Palm would have made a stronger device... my Pixi never broke or had any prob...
    Quote Originally Posted by cpatel312 View Post
    i installed some patches and homebrew apps. i've noticed that there's a lag when i first wake the phone up or if i get a phone call when the phone is sleeping. this very annoying since the incoming call is guaranteed to be missed. does anyone know a solution to this problem or am i better off uninstalling the patches one at a time (& reboot) until i figure out what is causing the lag? i would really appreciate some help with this. thanks in advance.
    I am assuming that you already tried a reboot (Orange + Sym + r). For future reference, it is always useful to install patches one at a time to be sure that they are functioning properly before you add the next.
    I would like to just say a few things. I have limited posts but read many of the posts through out this forum before I received my Pre in August 2009 and many after. It is very amusing to see people complain so much and are never happy. Yes there are a few issues with the Pre but I am confident they will have new hardware in the future. Even then I know many of you will complain and will not give up complaining.
    My daughter was due for and upgrade. She just graduated High school last week and this was a gift. Sunday June 6th was the day and the rules were “pick any phone you want”. She settled on two choices, EVO 4g and the Palm Pre. After a long anticipation of trying each phone, she picked the Palm Pre and loves it.
    Some of her thoughts: The OS on the pre is so much nicer. The EVO is fast and does a lot but I don’t think I will end up using everything on the phone. The Pre fits in my pocket. The EVO feel like a big channel changer. The Pre is cute in my hand (HUGH for and 18 yr. girl) and it feels good. The EVO has a big screen which is nice. I love the contacts and multitasking on the Pre.
    It goes to show you the different perspectives when using a mobile devise.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I just recieved my Evo this morning. I haven't even activated it yet but already feel like a trader . So long old friends. I have found a new home @ androidcentral.com. Good luck to all of you.
    Traitor not trader.... though you are trading phones so whatever.

Good luck with the Evo, it for sure is a bada$$ phone.
    well we will gladly have you back, once a new webOS device comes.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    The Pre's browser bugs me. I don't have a problem with having to zoom in/out to adjust the font size. But quite often when I do that and scroll up and down the page, a line of text isn't rendered correctly. It seems a line or two of pixels is missing. I've noticed this before on Linux with Opera but I was surprised to see this on the Pre. It's really quite unprofessional. Also, I often end up with a white card and I have to refresh the browser once or twice before the page loads. I'm quite disappointed with the browser; I really expected better. Though I shouldn't be surprised as I've been using Linux for years and I've never been 100% satisfied with its browsers.

Still, I love my phone.