View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 175 of 225 FirstFirst ... 75125165170171172173174175176177178179180185 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 4493
    Good bye, everyone, see you soon when the next Palm device is launched. I will welcome you back.
    god I hate this phone. I am on my second pre. I was on the phone talking to my girlfriend when my phone just went black. turned off. I thought it died. so I went to plug it in. I did not turn on. I held the power button for like 5 minutes and nothing. I took the battery out and put it back much later and then held the power button and nothing. I have come to the conclusion that the phone has broken. maybe. I really don't know. I have gone to the dark side and have lost alot of my pre smartness. by dark side I mean android. I would just live until my upgrade in july and get the evo but I have some really impotent pictures on my phone. there must be a way to get the phone to work so I can get them off their
    I'm sorry you <had a hard time with> operating the easiest to operate phone in the world. K thanks
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/28/2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: insulting members
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am needing some help so if it's not maybe someone can tell me where to go. A while back I dropped my phone off the 2nd floor balcony at work (whoops >_<). I had it replaced and the new one didn't have all of my contacts or other data that I had on the first palm pre. Within a month I replaced that one as well. The new one I have I have had for several months and I've managed to get most of my contact details back up to date, but the phone isn't doing a daily back up. It says my last back up was 3/3/10 at 11:42 pm...and that was one that I did manually. Anyone know how to get it working again? The back up is set to on currently.
    wow, I'm not sure where to point you. Where are you syncing your Palm. To the Palm profile? Why did you lose any contacts when you changed phones?

Can you provide a few more details?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    wow, I'm not sure where to point you. Where are you syncing your Palm. To the Palm profile? Why did you lose any contacts when you changed phones?

Can you provide a few more details?
    I'm not really sure what else I can add unfortunately. When I dropped the first one, the screen cracked but when I was able to get it to move around everything seemed to be working fine (though that was increddibly difficult and should have no effect on the back up unless something got screwed up somehow by the fall). I believe I am syncing to my palm profile. I haven't changed any settings so it should be wherever the backup utility backs up to normally.
    what I'm asking is: where do your contacts sync to? When you set up your phone, you created a Palm profile. Once method of migration is to move your contacts there. Your Palm profile tracks all of your app catalog purchases - and any contacts you may have there. If you have to replace your phone, anything in your Palm profile will automatically restored to the new phone. You shouldn't lose a thing.

If you set it up to sync with Gmail, Yahoo, etc, then your contacts are kept there. The phone just syncs a copy of those accounts to your phone. If the backup process is working, your contacts are constantly being synced to whatever service it is pointing at.

Do you own cloud accounts such as yahoo or gmail? If so, did you link to them again on your new phone? You shouldn't lose any contacts as long as your backup is working.

In terms of getting the back up to work, I'd suggest that you send a PM to a guy named hardbeatz and ask him to guide you. He actually works for Palm support, and he can either help you or get you to the right place.

cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by djkaiba View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am needing some help so if it's not maybe someone can tell me where to go. A while back I dropped my phone off the 2nd floor balcony at work (whoops >_<). I had it replaced and the new one didn't have all of my contacts or other data that I had on the first palm pre. Within a month I replaced that one as well. The new one I have I have had for several months and I've managed to get most of my contact details back up to date, but the phone isn't doing a daily back up. It says my last back up was 3/3/10 at 11:42 pm...and that was one that I did manually. Anyone know how to get it working again? The back up is set to on currently.
    My automatic backup has stopped a couple of times in the past year. I fixed it in those cases by turning backup off (be sure to tap "turn off and erase backup" button) and then turning backup on again. I then performed a manual backup.
    speed, lol i know it's been said just trying to get my thread count up so I can read the tutorial on the overclocking patch...
  10. joelpalm
    Hopefully!

I joined up on Treocentral when I was ready to switch from T-Mobile to Sprint because the lack of good phones available for T-Mobile. I read up on the latest and greatest things coming to market. So I stumble across the Palm Pre. Months before it's release. I am on Treocentral daily, getting all the latest WebOS and Pre news, I am a good ******. I am contributing to discussions, following all the sightings and taking in every ounce of information I can about the device. And man are the details phenomenal! Multiple apps, the Touchstone, sleek design and of course the reviews that it could be the iPhone killer. Oh man was I excited. Until it actually came out. Then the reports started pouring in about the oreo effect and the hardware issues. Not dissuaded, I kept strong and finally made the jump and got my own Pre. Man did I mess up. I lived with the oreo effect, who cares, right? I dealt with the lag, hell, I got time. Then I ran into something I couldn't deal with. Close the phone too hard (not really even hard) and it turns itself off. Hmm. I dealt actually. Then it seemed every time I close the phone it would shut off. So I bring it in and the order me another one. So on to the next one. I get the new one and have only had the phone shut off maybe 10 times total when I have closed it in about 6 months. Not a bad run. Then started the glitchiness with the picture messaging. Some would send and some would not. No biggie, who really uses picture messaging that much? Not me! Well, that was all fine and dandy until about a month or two ago, I woke up around my normal time to go to work to realize that my alarm clock hadn't gone off. I check the phone and all 3 of my different alarms were turned off and the times of the alarms were reset to 1:00 PM. Now I would say this would have been some kind of well planned prank, but being as I live alone this is next to impossible. Unless in my neighborhood there is some kind of person who comes into a home to reset alarms. And that would be a risky move on their part since my phone sits right next to my pistol on my nightstand as I sleep. And this happens again many times, and I learn to again live with another one of Palm's shortcomings, checking my alarms as I go to bed and setting a backup alarm clock. Sad, considering the price I paid for a "top of the line, revolutionary smartphone" from someone who has made handheld electronics and cellular phones for many years. Can't even make an alarm clock that just simply works. But ok, let's get over that and move on. My phone died last night. I charged it. It came back on, all that good stuff. And after charging for hours, it is still at 1% battery life. Brought it in to the Sprint store. New battery? Still nothing. So the phone can't even charge past 1% now. Wow. Just wow Palm. I will now be on my third device and I have had multiple problems with ALL of them? I am flabbergasted. I can't wait for you to go out of business so HTC can take me away from this BS that I put up with on a daily basis from you. I was a good little ****** as were many other people and you left a bad taste in our mouths. To all the people who like your Palm device, more power to you, but I cannot continue to own a phone that I have to "deal with". So Palm, good luck. You are going to need it.
    I guess you haven't been on this site as regularly as you say in your rant since PALM has been bought out by HP so they are not going out of business
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I guess you haven't been on this site as regularly as you say in your rant since PALM has been bought out by HP so they are not going out of business
    lol, that was my first thought
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Gah...wall of text....
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I wonder why the rant in this post seems so familiar... Oh wait I know http://forums.precentral.net/palm-ge...-business.html
  15. joelpalm
    Yeah, once I actually got the device I kind of got disgusted with it and ended up never coming back to Precentral. But HP will either fix it or ax it, either way I can't wait to be done with Palm and never look back.
    I wonder why the rant in this post seems so familiar... Oh wait I know http://forums.precentral.net/palm-ge...-business.html
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by joelpalm View Post
    Yeah, once I actually got the device I kind of got disgusted with it and ended up never coming back to Precentral. But HP will either fix it or ax it, either way I can't wait to be done with Palm and never look back.
    So you thought it would be nice to come and tell us your feelings because....
    It's confirmed that HP wants to keep working with WebOS on phones, a tablet, and....... printers.

Also, formatting your posts goes a long way in terms of readability.

--edit
    Oh, it seems this thread has been thrown into the abyss better known as the "General Pre Complaints" thread.
    Dupe Threads Merged.

Please don't Crosspost.
    Just call me Berd.
    Hopefully!

I joined up on Treocentral when I was ready to switch from T-Mobile to Sprint because the lack of good phones available for T-Mobile. ...
    I think you should take it back because the return key is broken, which is preventing you from creating multiple paragraphs.