View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 174 of 225 FirstFirst ... 74124164169170171172173174175176177178179184224 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 4493
    I for one cannot wait to end the torture of using this phone. The day my 1 year is up and I can replace it I will be waiting at the door to my local Sprint store just like I was on release day. After years of reliable Palm products this is the first time I've felt like this. And to all of those who say they've had multiple replacement units all I can say is your dealer(s) have treated you much better than mine treated me, all I've gotten is a whole lot of excuses and runaround for bad quality. For the last 6 months whenever I've been asked about my Pre I always say the same thing... love the operating system, but I doubt the thing will last the life of the contract.
    I hope HP can do something useful with WebOS.
    Adios Palm, you've lost one loyal fan.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Ugh! Half the time I try and do something, it either doesn't do it or I have to hit it several times before it does anything. Then it'll do 3x what I wanted it to do and I'll end up somewhere else, which I have to get out of and start over!

For instance: speed dial. somtimes when I hit a speed dial key, it actually dials the person. Somtimes it brings up the 'find' menu. Then if I tap the person on the find menu, sometimes it calls them and sometimes I have to hit it again before it works! I have other things to do than deal with this phone for 5 mins trying to make a call which should be a one-touch operation!

The touch screen doesn't work all that well. sometimes like I said, it either doesn't do what I wanted, doesn't do anything, freezes and then jumps ahead however many times I tapped it. It's just not consistant.

When I turn the screen sideways, it doesn't always go sideways. Or if I turn it back, it doesn't always go back. I end up trying to shake the phone and trying not to hurl it at the closest wall.

Sometimes I try to send a text message and i hit send, but later I look and the text is still sitting there waiting to go out. So frustrating. now I have to hit it and watch it to make sure it works. LAME.

Just annoying little stuff like this that's supposed to work. Not to mention stuff that's already been mentioned, like not being able to change ringtones, etc.

It just sucks to have to keep checking to see if the stupid phone is doing what it's supposed to be doing. And it was really hard to learn to use it, because half the time I was hitting it right and it just wasn't doing what it was supposed to do, so then i thought I was doing it wrong.

I have been a palm user forever. I mean AGES. I'm talking Visor Prism, a device which I loved and have many, many fond memories of. I've been a palm phone user since they came out. Sure, they all have their ups and downs, this is the first palm product that I just want to throw out the window.

thanks for letting me vent.
    Dude, save your blood pressure. It's just a phone!!!

Return it for something different if it doesn't float your boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Dude, save your blood pressure. It's just a phone!!!

Return it for something different if it doesn't float your boat.

lol yea... i say return it.

Good thing you never had a blackberry storm! MUCH worse then this phone.

Have you tried to overclock?
    You should be able to return it and try something else. If you are on Verizon try the droid incredible.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Too many issues...return it & get another one....
    Return it. Get another pre or another phone.
    A lot of these issues are due to lag. You can always turn to homebrew to help you though Check out this video which shows you how to overclock the Pre's processor- (Assuming you have a Sprint Pre) it takes the processor from 500MHz to as high as 800MHz. I've been overclocked since overclocking was available for the Pre and couldn't be happier. I hope this improves your webOS experience.

Also, if you ever need any help with your Pre you can PM me from my YouTube (the video I linked to is mine so you can find me through there) or you can email me (email address is on my YouTube channel, link in my signature below)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post
    A lot of these issues are due to lag. You can always turn to homebrew to help you though Check out this video which shows you how to overclock the Pre's processor- (Assuming you have a Sprint Pre) it takes the processor from 500MHz to as high as 800MHz. I've been overclocked since overclocking was available for the Pre and couldn't be happier. I hope this improves your webOS experience.

Also, if you ever need any help with your Pre you can PM me from my YouTube (the video I linked to is mine so you can find me through there) or you can email me (email address is on my YouTube channel, link in my signature below)
    I sometimes feel that way from too much coffee.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    it's from verizon.

Oh, I forgot to mention how if I dno't get it on the charger just right it keeps chiming, LOL....

I don't wanna new phone! I just want to whine and I want this one to work right!!! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by cccgina1 View Post
    it's from verizon.

Oh, I forgot to mention how if I dno't get it on the charger just right it keeps chiming, LOL....
    I don't wanna new phone! I just want to whine and I want this one to work right!!! LOL
    Hi cccgina1,

There is a patch available in Preware to disable the TouchStone charging alert sound. Works wonders on mental health...(at least it saved my sanity)
    I don't know what touchstone sound you're referring to or what's causing it, but I can tell you that I own 3 touchstones. Only one of them exhibited strange behavior - that is, when the phone was fully charged after being on the touchstone for a while, it would make a charging sound and then say Charging Battery. It would repeat this until I took it off.

If you're having this problem, return the touchstone back to where you got it and ask for another one. I replaced mine and it's no longer doing that.
    I've tried...I really tried to like the Pre, but alas it was one heck of a rocky relationship that finally ended yesterday, and I couldn't be happier!! Having endured cracked screens, a stupid interface, terrible battery life, horrible keyboard, etc, etc, etc....I've finally given up on the Pre, and switched to a Windows Mobile device (a Samsung Intrepid). Battery life is stupendous, it has a real keyboard (oh how I've missed being able to type fairly quickly on my phone), I can shut the phone off with one click, it boots up quickly, and more. It's not perfect (don't think any phone is)....but it sure beats the heck out of the Pre....ahnds down. Just wanted to say bye and Godspeed all you Pre lovers.

Cheers, Toolman_Johnny
    A lot of users on this forum left Windows Mobile for webOS, myself included. I don't regret the change, goodbye and have fun.
    Goodbye.
    Why do people post to announce that they are leaving? What is the reaction they are looking for? I just wrack my brain to understand the logic of this?
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

See yah, No one cares what your reasons are. Why cant more people just go away instead of thinking that we all want to read a post like this.
    see ya... Enjoy that winmo experience, with its one step power off feature...
    I think, after reading his earlier posts and his "parting post", he ran into the all to common "I can't use this the way I'm used to using it" issue. The Pre isn't meant to be shut down, so it doesn't matter that it takes 4 steps instead of one button. I won't even go into the "stupid interface" issue.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 05/28/2010 at 12:44 PM.
    Okay, folks, I know some posts in this thread may be annoying, but let's watch the language and the personal attacks. We have rules against them, but there are no rules against goodbye posts.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer