View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 173 of 225 FirstFirst ... 73123163168169170171172173174175176177178183223 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 4493
    I like the pre. I choose it for a reason. It is the best phone I've ever had so I'm not complaining. So you really think that anyone here will care about your crying?
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I have to admit, I'm pretty tweaked lately by the constant lag, browser refreshing, and having to restart a couple times a day.

With a better processor and memory management/cache, this thing would scream.

I got to the point where I'm running it at 800Mhz and I don't care if it catches fire.

So, for me, the lag/sluggishness/jerkiness is what I hate about my Pre (very frustrating, makes me want to punch babies)... everything else about it kicks ****.
    I have had a Pre since June 09 and have only had this one. Fairly lucky for the most part and able to find solutions thru the forums for little problems. However my center button now will flash after I close out of the web. And it will flash or stay lit for 10 to 15 secs at a time. While it does this, the phone and web icon on the launcher bar will not respond while the button is lit, but the launcher icon, e-mail icon and camera icon will respond when touched. While it is lit and if I drag the launcher bar up like a wave, then the web and phone icons are responsive. I have turned off blink notif., have done numerous reboots, pulled the battery and no luck in solving the mysterious blinking/solid center button. Hope to find solution to avoid going to Sprint and having to use their "expert" technicians. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, doug
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Dear Palm/HP,

If the next WebOS device to be released is not robust enough to run smoothly and efficiently, you should all <care greatly about>yourselves.

Sincerely,

DrHeathenScum
    I think that if they simply finished the product, it would be a lot better. For instance, perhaps finally enabling GPU acceleration of the UI, which should have been implemented at launch. WebOS is not failing because it is a bad OS, it is failing because Palm screwed up everything about it, from implementation, to hardware, to advertising.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/27/2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: edit quoted txt
    after having palm pre for many days now, I think I'd rate it 70 out of 100, nd it is imho quite a good phone.

but here r several aspects of the phone that i find most annoying:

1, the wifi signal is no good compared to htc hd2/iphone 3gs.

palm pre's browser imo is pretty good nd i really like it, but it has it's vital drawback i.e. the wifi signal strength! I can easily connect to my home router when i was sitting in my room with my previous iphone 3gs and htc hd2, and i got real real stable network performance out of them two. but with regard to palm pre, it is very disappointing as i get only 1 bar wifi signal and constantly disconnected

2, the pdf nd doc viewer:

the compatibility of palm pre's pdf viwer is no good... there is a rendering error with loads of my pdf files which i have never experienced with my previous phones, and i have tried to google the solution online, i luckly found many others having the same problem as mine, but unfortunately there is no clear solution to solve this problem; on the other hand, the docs viewer is ok, but the phone freezes nd then restarts when opening some ".txt" files, i have no idea whether it is because the file is too large or the app just doesn't support the font of the txt file(in my case its chinese fonts)

is anybody here can help me?
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Can't help you. My Pre associates easily and strongly to a WiFi network. I actually get a better signal on my Pre than I get on my laptop.

Never had any problems with .pdf display either.

Have you installed any patches which might be interfering with the WiFi or display of .pdf files?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    what he said. i don't have either of those issues.
    i don't think those are problems with the pre in general. sounds more like you have issues with your particular phone than a widespread issue with pre's.
    As one other person says.. i get better wifi on my pre then I do on my laptop.

my only issue is that when I first got it, I could access the PC page of facebook... now for some reason i can only access "facebook mobile" page.. that is my only gripe so far..

well, that and the "answer call" button is small and on the opposite side of where my thumb usually is,, it should be the biggest button on the screen
    Quote Originally Posted by lynne02191 View Post
    after having palm pre for many days now, I think I'd rate it 70 out of 100, nd it is imho quite a good phone.

but here r several aspects of the phone that i find most annoying:

1, the wifi signal is no good compared to htc hd2/iphone 3gs.

palm pre's browser imo is pretty good nd i really like it, but it has it's vital drawback i.e. the wifi signal strength! I can easily connect to my home router when i was sitting in my room with my previous iphone 3gs and htc hd2, and i got real real stable network performance out of them two. but with regard to palm pre, it is very disappointing as i get only 1 bar wifi signal and constantly disconnected

2, the pdf nd doc viewer:

the compatibility of palm pre's pdf viwer is no good... there is a rendering error with loads of my pdf files which i have never experienced with my previous phones, and i have tried to google the solution online, i luckly found many others having the same problem as mine, but unfortunately there is no clear solution to solve this problem; on the other hand, the docs viewer is ok, but the phone freezes nd then restarts when opening some ".txt" files, i have no idea whether it is because the file is too large or the app just doesn't support the font of the txt file(in my case its chinese fonts)

is anybody here can help me?
    1- The Wifi problem sounds like your phone. I get excellent Wifi signals, both at home and at work. If yours is really that bad, it may need replacing.

2- There is an app called PDF viewer, I believe you can get it in the app catalog. It's much better than Doc View.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    The problem that I have with the pdf viewer is it does not allow you to organize your documents at all. The flat list makes it totally useless. I was looking forward to carrying all of my reference docs on my phone too. Oh well.
    : (){:|:&};:
    I can also verify that wifi is excellent on my pre - much better than other devices I have laying around
  13. ec
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    How are you charging the phone? Does it feel hot at certain times?
    With the charger that came with it, and yes, it feels very warm. Seems especially warm when using the mobile hotspot, though the first phone was the worst in this regard.
  14. ec
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    I like the pre. I choose it for a reason. It is the best phone I've ever had so I'm not complaining. So you really think that anyone here will care about your crying?

Thanks for the input I was looking for in order to make a good consumer decision fanb0i. You're right, -what was I thinking posting anything remotely negative in a thread called 'General Pre Complaints'?
    Last edited by ec; 05/27/2010 at 10:06 AM.
  15. ec
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    As a matter of fact, it does get pretty hot when using hotspot

and, it get the blotches on the screen when it's hot.
    Do they go away? I have not gone back to Verizon yet, but the yellow splotches seem to still be there, if perhaps slightly less pronounced. I guess if they appear with heat, then they're not going anywhere since the phone itself gets rather warm when the hotspot is on (and it's on a lot). Hmm.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    ITS TOO SLOW!! It drives me crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccap View Post
    ITS TOO SLOW!! It drives me crazy.
    Palm should have shipped the Pre at 800Mhz, it really flies. Try the Super Pre Kernel or Uber Kernel and you'll never go back
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Palm should have shipped the Pre at 800Mhz, it really flies. Try the Super Pre Kernel or Uber Kernel and you'll never go back
    There is a reason why they didn't. The CPU is not rated to safely go that speed. I think the max it does from the way the phone was programmed is 600. Having said that, I am running mine at 800 MHz. I just think it's a shame that Palm screwed up the execution of their platform so much, that we are forced to overclock the CPU by 60% just to get decent performance. UI graphics hardware acceleration should have been in place from the start, and here we are, over a year later, and it is still lacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
    I just think it's a shame that Palm screwed up the execution of their platform so much, that we are forced to overclock the CPU by 60% just to get decent performance. UI graphics hardware acceleration should have been in place from the start, and here we are, over a year later, and it is still lacking.
    I guess it's a glass half full/empty thing. I think it's fantastic that they provided us with a system open enough to allow overclocking, giving added performance to a UI that is acceptable in it's "normal" state to the vast majority of owners.

For those that want the added performance, we've got a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by ec View Post
    Do they go away? I have not gone back to Verizon yet, but the yellow splotches seem to still be there, if perhaps slightly less pronounced. I guess if they appear with heat, then they're not going anywhere since the phone itself gets rather warm when the hotspot is on (and it's on a lot). Hmm.
    If you let it cool for a while they go away, dunno if it's normal but they're on my Pre and only appear when it's hot