View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    197 70.36%
  • No

    40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

    37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

    28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 172 of 225 FirstFirst ... 72122162167168169170171172173174175176177182222 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 4493
  1. vergnen's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #3421  
    I'll be staying with the Pre, just love the OS. I understand why some get frustrated and go in a different direction.
  2. #3422  
    Last edited by whitenack; 05/24/2010 at 09:30 PM.
  3. #3423  
    Its bad when they got to stoop so low just to sell a Pre nobody seems to want, Palm wake up and design something new and stop trying to sell this old crappre (junk).
  4. #3424  
    All of AT&T's potential vertical slider customers are holding out for the Blackberry Bold 9800 due out next month.
  5. #3425  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    All of AT&T's potential vertical slider customers are holding out for the Blackberry Bold 9800 due out next month.
    "All" is a very comprehensive word. After all, some of their potential vertical slider customers might not even get a vertical slider.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  6. #3426  
    Well, if Amazon's rankings are any indication, the Pre fire sales seem to be doing just ok in terms of spurring sales. I mean, the Droid Eris (Hero) and even the LG EnV Touch on Verizon are outselling it at the exact same price and with lesser specs, slower processors, and no free mobile hotspot.

    On Sprint, it's not even close partially due to the idiotic pricing that makes all of the Sprint Android phones one cent while the original (and crappiest) Pre is still $80.

    Most telling, tho, is that the Pixi Plus is NOWHERE to be found in the top 100 Amazon phones, being outsold by pure junk like the first Blackberry Storm and the Samsung Reality. The Sprint version BARELY fares better coming in at number 50, where it's being trounced by the likes of the LG Rumor Touch and the Blackberry 8330 from two years ago all at the same price.

    The sooner HP/Palm puts these two handsets out to pasture, the better.
  7. #3427  
    It is going to be hard to compete with any Android phone right now. They are getting all the press, in all the ads, showing off all the Google stuff it does. It seems like every day there is a new ad showing a new Google App that is only available on Android phones.
  8. #3428  
    Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    It is going to be hard to compete with any Android phone right now. They are getting all the press, in all the ads, showing off all the Google stuff it does. It seems like every day there is a new ad showing a new Google App that is only available on Android phones.
    Yeah, but they're also getting outsold by LG feature phones with smaller, dimmer screens, crappier browsers and less storage sold at the exact same price the Pre Plus is sold at. Not good.
  9. #3429  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Yeah, but they're also getting outsold by LG feature phones with smaller, dimmer screens, crappier browsers and less storage sold at the exact same price the Pre Plus is sold at. Not good.
    I'm at a loss as to why it matters that they're being outsold by anybody. Does selling the most mean that all other devices are "junk"?
  10. #3430  
    and not all feature phones require an everything plan or expensive data plan on the other carriers. It's not necessarily the phone, it's the cost of service and persons needs. Might as well just say the Pre is getting outsold by McDonald's happy meals. Makes the same point
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Yeah, but they're also getting outsold by LG feature phones with smaller, dimmer screens, crappier browsers and less storage sold at the exact same price the Pre Plus is sold at. Not good.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  11. #3431  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm at a loss as to why it matters that they're being outsold by anybody. Does selling the most mean that all other devices are "junk"?
    Yes. He who sells the most has the best phone.

    That means that Little Ceasars has the best pizza, no?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  12. #3432  
  13. #3433  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Yes. He who sells the most has the best phone.

    That means that Little Ceasars has the best pizza, no?
    Seriously, it's one of those things that I try to overlook, but has been starting to irritate me lately. The "it's not selling the best", and the close cousin "I'm going to Evo (or whatever), who's with me"?

    Good grief folks, who cares who's with you. Most importantly, why do you care who's with you? Do you need the peer support to make yourself feel better, do you need it to validate your choice, are you worried that you're making the wrong choice and need to know someone else is buying the new WhatEverItIs?

    If no one ever buys another Palm Pre, mine still works. If everyone that has a Palm Pre goes and gets something else, I'll keep using mine.
  14. #3434  
    Real-Time SMS and phone call monitoring? GPS Location? This is terrible.

    How would you have felt as a youth if your Parents listened in on your private conversations and sent a private eye behind you to always know where you are? Oppressed, that's how you would've felt. But now that you lived your youth free from your parents scrutinizing every message you scribbled on a paper slip and passed on to a friend, I guess that bringing your children into life somehow gives you the right to take away any sense of privacy that they could have.

    I remember a time when parenting was about providing your children with the assistance they need to succeed in life, and not about controlling every aspect of your child's life and hovering like a shade above their right hand at any moment.

    <edit> Just realized that 'monitoring' could also mean 'simply giving a notification about SMS or phone traffic'. Consider my rant not applying to you very much in that case, as I can definitely see why a parent will want to know if their daughter has just sent 1500 text messages on her nothing-inclusive deal. Actually getting a copy of the sms sent and a stream of the phone conversation, however, would be entirely inexcusable to me.
    I can see why GPS location might be a good thing too (help! my son has been kidnapped!) but in truth, the risk of exploitation is much higher (my daughter said she's studying with her friend, but I suspect she's whoring herself out to some young punk at a party. I had casual sex with people I don't remember anymore when I was three years younger than she is now, but that was different and she should be more pure than me!) as the times where it would come in handy most are also the times a kidnapper would just throw away the phone in the first place, simply to avoid getting GPS-fixed.
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 05/26/2010 at 06:47 AM.
  15. ec
    ec is offline
    ec's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #3435  
    Just need some background info from the community.

    Just got a Palm Pre for my girlfriend less than two weeks ago. By the next morning the phone was completely dead. Tried battery pull, etc, but nothing. Took it back to Verizon who could not revive it, so they immediately replaced it.

    Second phone died 5 days later. Exact same issue. Took it back to Verizon, and they happily swapped it out.

    Third phone is still kicking, but after a day or two of use, it now has a gigantic yellow splotch on the screen in the corner and across the bottom (yellow when browsing on a white-background webpage, and white when on a green background). When I'm on google's homepage, it basically looks like a dog walked up to the phone and urinated on it.

    So back to Verizon for the 4th phone. Also, this phone seems to generate unholy amounts of heat, especially with the mobile hotspot on. I kinda feel like that's what did the first two phones in, and maybe is causing the unwanted installation of the Dog Urine Theme.

    Honestly, is this common? Is the goal with this phone to replace them until you luck out with the needle-in-the-haystack phone that functions properly, or should I just move on to the next best thing?

    For the record, my girlfriend (and I, actually) loves this phone to death. I think WebOS is hands down the best mobile OS. We got the free mobile hotspot deal with Verizon, so we actually cancelled internet at the house and use the Pre. This is awesome. But we rely on it, and I'm starting to think that moving foreward, that is just a terrible idea with hardware as shoddy as the Pre's has been.

    If the Pre were new, I'd just think they needed to work out the kinks and get some QA issues resolved, but obviously this is not the case.

    Can we count on getting a device that we will still be using a year or two from now? I'm pretty antsy about letting the 30-day refund window at Verizon pass me by, but again, for the record, we do love this phone, so...
  16. #3436  
    I am writing this in hopes that potential buyers read this and think a little harder about their purchase and in turn, palmHP gets on the ball to save a great concept but C- product. At its very best, this product is a C-, as I just stated. I'm somewhat upset with myself for recommending this phone to people. I was blinded by my initial liking of the phone but when you look at the big picture, there are way too many short comings. Read some of my previous posts if curious.
  17. #3437  
    Quote Originally Posted by ec View Post
    Just need some background info from the community.

    Just got a Palm Pre for my girlfriend less than two weeks ago. By the next morning the phone was completely dead. Tried battery pull, etc, but nothing. Took it back to Verizon who could not revive it, so they immediately replaced it.

    Second phone died 5 days later. Exact same issue. Took it back to Verizon, and they happily swapped it out.

    Third phone is still kicking, but after a day or two of use, it now has a gigantic yellow splotch on the screen in the corner and across the bottom (yellow when browsing on a white-background webpage, and white when on a green background). When I'm on google's homepage, it basically looks like a dog walked up to the phone and urinated on it.

    So back to Verizon for the 4th phone. Also, this phone seems to generate unholy amounts of heat, especially with the mobile hotspot on. I kinda feel like that's what did the first two phones in, and maybe is causing the unwanted installation of the Dog Urine Theme.

    Honestly, is this common? Is the goal with this phone to replace them until you luck out with the needle-in-the-haystack phone that functions properly, or should I just move on to the next best thing?

    For the record, my girlfriend (and I, actually) loves this phone to death. I think WebOS is hands down the best mobile OS. We got the free mobile hotspot deal with Verizon, so we actually cancelled internet at the house and use the Pre. This is awesome. But we rely on it, and I'm starting to think that moving foreward, that is just a terrible idea with hardware as shoddy as the Pre's has been.

    If the Pre were new, I'd just think they needed to work out the kinks and get some QA issues resolved, but obviously this is not the case.

    Can we count on getting a device that we will still be using a year or two from now? I'm pretty antsy about letting the 30-day refund window at Verizon pass me by, but again, for the record, we do love this phone, so...
    very weird that u been getting all these problems, guess u guys were unlucky. I've had 2 pre's in this whole years for sprint, 1st pre has the headset jack acting loco and my 2nd pre has been perfect ever since....sorry for ur misfortune
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  18. #3438  
    Ill bet it felt good to get that off your chest.
  19. #3439  
    Quote Originally Posted by ec View Post
    Just need some background info from the community.

    Just got a Palm Pre for my girlfriend less than two weeks ago. By the next morning the phone was completely dead. Tried battery pull, etc, but nothing. Took it back to Verizon who could not revive it, so they immediately replaced it.

    Second phone died 5 days later. Exact same issue. Took it back to Verizon, and they happily swapped it out.

    Third phone is still kicking, but after a day or two of use, it now has a gigantic yellow splotch on the screen in the corner and across the bottom (yellow when browsing on a white-background webpage, and white when on a green background). When I'm on google's homepage, it basically looks like a dog walked up to the phone and urinated on it.
    How are you charging the phone? Does it feel hot at certain times?
  20. #3440  
    Quote Originally Posted by ec View Post
    Just need some background info from the community.

    Third phone is still kicking, but after a day or two of use, it now has a gigantic yellow splotch on the screen in the corner and across the bottom (yellow when browsing on a white-background webpage, and white when on a green background). When I'm on google's homepage, it basically looks like a dog walked up to the phone and urinated on it.

    So back to Verizon for the 4th phone. Also, this phone seems to generate unholy amounts of heat, especially with the mobile hotspot on. I kinda feel like that's what did the first two phones in, and maybe is causing the unwanted installation of the Dog Urine Theme.

    Honestly, is this common? Is the goal with this phone to replace them until you luck out with the needle-in-the-haystack phone that functions properly, or should I just move on to the next best thing?
    As a matter of fact, it does get pretty hot when using hotspot

    and, it get the blotches on the screen when it's hot.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions