View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 171 of 225 FirstFirst ... 71121161166167168169170171172173174175176181221 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 4493
    Trash Trash Trash There you have it.
    Have fun with old tech.. oh and your IP has been recorded, so if/when you come slinking back to this site we'll know
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastdaysoldier View Post
    Trash Trash Trash There you have it.
    Well that explains it all -
    Every time I have to pick up my wife's BB I want to run screaming. Been there...done that. Too many annoyances and a stale, old interface that drives me nuts.
    yeah! This would have more cred if he were switchin to another smartphone instead of a smartpager (BB)

It's like saying: "I'm sick of this PC, I'm going back to my calculator"!
    later dude, new update comin on webos, will be twice as fast as your crapberry. So again ,later dude.
    My Pre's starting to act up for me. Randomly restarting from time to time and it is kind of random in the brightness it chooses. I turned the brightness most of the way down on the screen, but from time to time it'll be on full bright for some reason.

Also I get random unresponsiveness. I'm considering jumping ship to Android, but the Android interface seems like a big downgrade from WebOS to me :-\

Oh and the Update app always says I have application updates even when I don't.

Maybe Palm will release some new phones at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Go to Device Info > tap More Info > tap Software > tap the program and select "delete"
    Thanks very much!!
    I understand the passion some people have for palm and web/os, but i think what quite a few people are asking is why palm would not include "basics" that have come standard on previous palm models two small examples would be spell check and voice recording. Its like buying a new TV and all of a sudden it doesnt have a remote and no way to add one from the company. If that happened you would neer say "hey you cant have every thing... its an amazing TV" 99.9% of buyers would assume that the features that are staples on past palm phones would be incorporated into the latest technology models.. dont think you can blame us for that type of thinking. And i do agree if developers can create homebrew apps Palm should have had the R&D to be developing these "left out" features from day one....
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveKNOWS View Post
    I understand the passion some people have for palm and web/os, but i think what quite a few people are asking is why palm would not include "basics" that have come standard on previous palm models two small examples would be spell check and voice recording. Its like buying a new TV and all of a sudden it doesnt have a remote and no way to add one from the company. If that happened you would neer say "hey you cant have every thing... its an amazing TV" 99.9% of buyers would assume that the features that are staples on past palm phones would be incorporated into the latest technology models.. dont think you can blame us for that type of thinking. And i do agree if developers can create homebrew apps Palm should have had the R&D to be developing these "left out" features from day one....
    HI, all,

I have maintained from the beginning, that Palm made a grave error when it decided to release the Pre, BEFORE the Iphone 3G. The rushed the Pre and it was not ready. This includes features that you discussed, as well as (upon release), it did not record video, voice dialing etc......

take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveKNOWS View Post
    Spell checking and voice recording were not "basic programs standard on previous models", at least not for PalmOS models (never owned one of the WinMo models). You had to buy add on software for those features.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    HI, all,

I have maintained from the beginning, that Palm made a grave error when it decided to release the Pre, BEFORE the Iphone 3G. The rushed the Pre and it was not ready. This includes features that you discussed, as well as (upon release), it did not record video, voice dialing etc......

take care, Jay
    It was a hail mary pass, they were going for broke. In retrospect, you may be correct, but from their side of history, fighting for survival, it was release or die. And I think they actually did the right thing--it may have made the difference between being sold and just dying altogether. But then, one will never really know.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    GOODBYE Palm PRE!

After 1 year and 5 Defected Palm Pre's (no, Seriously! 5 Phones in 12 months from freeze screen, keyboard lights issues, Non-responding keyboard letter "Q", Automatic restart/shutdown I HAD IT ALL!).... Lucky me, I have the BEST cell phone provider "SPRINT" that replace every devise at no charge..
    Thanks Sprint!

I'm saying goodbye to Pre and prescentral. Moving on with HTC EVO and Androidcentral.com. I'm very disappointed with this devise (Palm pre), lack of applications, battery life (4-6hrs), I could go on, on & on.
    Moving on with to new features and TONS of applications... For me, Sometimes is not the phone itself that makes it the BEST, Sometimes is the available applications that make it the BEST. But Palm does not get it!+

Update* FYI
    Since Release date June 6th 2009 I bought 3 devises (Palm PRE).

Since June 6th, 2009.

Devise 1: Replaced (1) Times
    Devise 2: Replaced (3) Times
    Devise 3: Replaced (5) Times

This is unacceptable for me! 9 Phones in 12 months I had to call sprint... Since Im the account holder, It was not fun calling almost every month!

Thanks Precentral for All the GREAT Forum Community and Information!

Anyone is following?...
    Last edited by djsoto; 05/24/2010 at 04:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by djsoto View Post
    GOODBYE Palm PRE!

After 1 year and 5 Defected Palm Pre's (no, Seriously! 5 Phones in 12 months from freeze screen, keyboard lights issues, Non-responding keyboard letter "Q", freezing devise, I HAD IT ALL!).... Lucky me, I have the BEST cell phone provider "SPRINT" that replace every devise and no charge.. Thanks Sprint!

I'm saying goodbye to Pre and prescentral. Moving on with HTC EVO and Androidcentral.com. I'm very disappointed with this devise (Palm pre), lack of applications, battery life (4-6hrs), I could go on, on & on.
    Moving on with to new features and TONS of applications... For me, Sometimes is not the phone itself that makes it the BEST, Sometimes is the available applications that make it the BEST. But Palm does not get it!

Thanks Precentral for All the GREAT Forum Community and Information!

Anyone is following?...
    well sucks u had many problems; ive had only 2 pre's in a year and it was a messed up headset jack and my 2nd pre is perfect, anyways good luck and have fun with the huge evo
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Have fun going from one 1.0 device to another. The grass is always greener. And when you switch from the EVO to the next big thing after that, I sure it will have webOS on it...
    Have fun. im on my second Pre. Im convinced that people actually mess up their Pre all by themselves. But, hey, whatever floats your boat.
    Major luck and thanks for trying out the palm, and im sorry it didn't live up to its hype ... but have fun with the EVO i hear cool things bout it... I think in todays' world we all just want to be happy in life, with female/male companions, jobs, homes, and of course cell phones. And if something isn't to your liking, we live in a wonderful world where we can sometimes say not for me. So wish you the best and were all banning together as one... palm and google... to destroy apple heheh
    I have 5 lines with Sprint and 3 Palm Pre's.... I'm going change my cell to EVO and the other lines will stay with PRE. I will post any updates in PLUS or Negative.

This is NO JOKE.. Since Realise date June 6th 2009 I bought 3 devises.

Since June 6th, 2009.
    Devise 1: Replaced (1) Times
    Devise 2: Replaced (3) Times
    Devise 3: Replaced (5) Times

This is unacceptable for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    It was a hail mary pass, they were going for broke. In retrospect, you may be correct, but from their side of history, fighting for survival, it was release or die. And I think they actually did the right thing--it may have made the difference between being sold and just dying altogether. But then, one will never really know.
    How true! take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    This isn't your typical "I hate Palm Pre" thread, in fact, quite the opposite. I love the Pre. Sure it can be faster, smoother, but I've YET to encounter an OS that's as easy and polished as the Pre!

The other day, I was on a photo shoot @ Leo Carrillo State Beach (in Malibu). When we were done with the shoot, we headed back. That's all fine and dandy until I decided to go the "more interesting" route since we came that way. Everyone went up and over the rock, while I went around.

That's when the tide came and hit me from the side, loosing my tripod, and getting my camera equipment completely drenched. I was terrified, but I went back for the Tripod, which was a lost cause. Then I realize my phone was buzzing pretty heavily.

Anyways, my phone's dead, and I'm back on an old centro... Yuck. How can you go to a centro after using WebOS for a year? I can't! I guess the only way to go about this is to get a new Evo 4G. As much as I love the Pre, I guess it's time to get something new...

<<Thread Merged as per moderator policy>>
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 05/24/2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Thread Merged