View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 170 of 225 FirstFirst ... 70120160165166167168169170171172173174175180220 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 4493
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    don't let the log out button hit you on the way out!
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    What the heck does "I'm going to leave the forum" mean? It's a complete non-sequitur. What is this, some kind of a resolution? Are you saying you're not going to read or respond to posts any more? Geez, this is something you have to announce to the world? Do you think suddenly people are going to say, hmm... I wonder what ashykat thinks. I haven't seen any posts from ashykat lately! I wonder if it left the forum! Anyone heard from ashykat? What's happened to ashykat? Gosh, I hope it's OK! Maybe someone should check on ashykat!

No, of course not! You read, perhaps you post, but no one notices if you don't post any more!

I think Sarah McLachlan said it best:

I will remember you
    Will you remember Pre?
    Don't let your life pass you by
    Weep not for Evo-HTC
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    I think Sarah McLachlan said it best:

I will remember you
    Will you remember Pre?
    Don't let your life pass you by
    Weep not for Evo-HTC
    Maybe that's why I don't listen to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Maybe that's why I don't listen to her.
    +1 lol
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    It was more of a "thank you" to all of us for making homebrew and helping with his/her issues. No need to get all nasty
    Exactly. Wow maybe I should retract my thank you. I'm not saying y'all are gonna wonder where I went, I was just saying thanks for all your help because I returned my pixi and will no longer need to come here. Geez people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I can come over for breakfast. I like pancakes

OP, good luck wherever you end up. Precentral will always be here if you decide to come back
    No prob, bacon or sausage?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    No prob, bacon or sausage?
    There better be both or I won't be too happy...

<-- Can Papercraft Steve come too? He wants waffles...
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    Exactly. Wow maybe I should retract my thank you. I'm not saying y'all are gonna wonder where I went, I was just saying thanks for all your help because I returned my pixi and will no longer need to come here. Geez people.
    You have to remember that this forum is full of <edited by moderator>.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 05/19/2010 at 10:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakouri1 View Post
    I have so many issues with the phone, I love WebOS, but the Pre on sprint just is the worst quality build. I have the Oreo effect, I am begining to have a cracked screen although I just got this Pre. I had the original phone in June, but since then I have had 5 replacements, and I still have the same issues. It is to the point where I am going to demand some refund on the phone.

I used my two year renewal on this phone, and if I want to get another one I have to spend full price on the phone. I don't even know who the ask, Sprint or Palm. I gave it a shot, but 5th replacement and still same issues, I am going to demand some partial refund on the phone. If the Pre was built with even mediocre quality, I would have no issue, and gladly keep the phone. But even the replacements have the same issues as my original phone back in June.

There is a reason the phone sales of Pre tanked. Sure it was the marketing and price and competition, but the fact is that the Pre hardware is just utterly crap. And I am one of the biggest supporters of WebOS.
    If you've really had it on Sprint for 11 months, you're elgiible for another upgrade in a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    You have to remember that this forum is full of <edited by moderator>.
    It's not really this forum... It's the whole internet. There will always be immature people pretty much wherever you go. It's best to just ignore them
    Last edited by bevcraw; 05/19/2010 at 10:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakouri1 View Post
    So tell me what do you think the recourse should be when you buy product XYZ, with issues that surface after 30 days, and they replace it 5 times with the same issue.

You're the reason why manufacturers make crappy products, because you are cool with the status quo, and businesses know they can get away with it. You are a complete fool, and I never diss on people in message boards, but what you said is just such an idiotic statement. I guess no sympathy for anyone that buys crappy products.
    If you just got the replacement, and it's already got an oreo effect and a cracked screen, and all four of your other Pres exhibited the exact same problems, then you're doing something wrong to the phone...
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Good luck in your phone travels AK!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    don't go please stay I can breakfast to bed!! Lol
    Global Posts
    288 Global Posts
    Looks like some of you have trained at the crackberry.com school of forum etiquette. OP was just trying to say thanks to those who helped. Don't get all offended if they leave for another phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    I think the "thanks" part is fine, and appropriate. It's just that the "good bye" part struck me as kind of odd. It's kind of a long "good bye" isn't it? You're obviously coming back to read and respond to posts.
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    I think the "thanks" part is fine, and appropriate. It's just that the "good bye" part struck me as kind of odd. It's kind of a long "good bye" isn't it? You're obviously coming back to read and respond to posts.
    It wasn't meant to be a long goodbye, but it turned into one. I don't know why it all got misconstrued the way it did, I was simply saying thanks for all your help and see ya later. I came back to see replies and everyone was being nuts. So I wrote again. The same goes for responding to you, because you asked me a question. It was more of a thanks and less a goodbye, but it wouldn't make much sense for me just to post a thanks if my plan was to stick around, so I said bye. I'm sure I'll see what's going on in the webOS world every so often, but I won't be here all the time like I was before. I don't expect anyone to care that I'm leaving, my point was just to say thank you to everyone for making cool apps, patches, etc.
    Made an executive decision and swapped back to my Crackberry! Couldn't stand the Pre anymore.
    Oh, SEE YA!
    And you really think your crackberry is anywhere close to a Palm Pre?...You'll be switching back in any moment.
    Why did you go back?