View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 168 of 225 FirstFirst ... 68118158163164165166167168169170171172173178218 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    ... I prefer to use the 'cloud' I guess you would call it (Google Contacts) because I can edit a majority of the same info anywhere. (not the text of course) GoogleTalk has logs, so, there's another preference that can be worked from.

I do believe Android has a way, and plenty of apps that backup, and resend, forward, modify, and pretty much anything you want to do with a text. I've taken a liking to MobileSpy for Android. Mobile Spy - Android Spy Software - Silent SMS, GPS and Call Monitoring This is a small example of what they can do with their text messages. This app works well. My wife got it for our youngest daughter (12 w/ Hero).
    Thanks for the info. Good to know.

But... are you saying you have a 12 year old with a Hero? Holy crap. What does she have to look forward to as a teenager if she already has something like that at 12? Will you adopt me?
    just forward it to email and save it that way. its real easy to do
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    ... I prefer to use the 'cloud' I guess you would call it (Google Contacts) because I can edit a majority of the same info anywhere. (not the text of course) GoogleTalk has logs, so, there's another preference that can be worked from.

I do believe Android has a way, and plenty of apps that backup, and resend, forward, modify, and pretty much anything you want to do with a text. I've taken a liking to MobileSpy for Android. Mobile Spy - Android Spy Software - Silent SMS, GPS and Call Monitoring This is a small example of what they can do with their text messages. This app works well. My wife got it for our youngest daughter (12 w/ Hero).
    Same company makes Mobile Nanny and it works well also for remote lock/unlock, gps location and for real time text message and phone use monitoring. I have it on my 14 year old daughters phone. It however is the WM version.

I would love to have an app like this for WebOS... I would have her on a Pixi in an instant.
    I have so many issues with the phone, I love WebOS, but the Pre on sprint just is the worst quality build. I have the Oreo effect, I am begining to have a cracked screen although I just got this Pre. I had the original phone in June, but since then I have had 5 replacements, and I still have the same issues. It is to the point where I am going to demand some refund on the phone.

I used my two year renewal on this phone, and if I want to get another one I have to spend full price on the phone. I don't even know who the ask, Sprint or Palm. I gave it a shot, but 5th replacement and still same issues, I am going to demand some partial refund on the phone. If the Pre was built with even mediocre quality, I would have no issue, and gladly keep the phone. But even the replacements have the same issues as my original phone back in June.

There is a reason the phone sales of Pre tanked. Sure it was the marketing and price and competition, but the fact is that the Pre hardware is just utterly crap. And I am one of the biggest supporters of WebOS.
    You think you are getting a refund after owning it for 11 months? You had 30 days to decide whether or not you wanted it
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    You are definitely not one of the biggest supporters
    I am huge supporter of WebOS, I think one of the best operating systems out there for the mobile platform, but Pre is crap.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I doubt you will get any type of refund. Since you've had the phone since launch day you should be a Premier customer by now.
    I have completely given up on any discussion about the build quality of the Pre. Either way. All I can say is: I just can't wait until the next-gen device ships and we can put this whole thing behind us.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    You think you are getting a refund after owning it for 11 months? You had 30 days to decide whether or not you wanted it
    Yeah, but these issues took more than 30 days to surface, and the warranty replacement has done nothing to fix this.

If that is your stance, then by analog all those X-box 360 owners with the red ring of death are out of luck. When the issue doesn't surface within 30 days, that is what the warranty is for, but when the warranty replacement has the same issues then what is the recourse?

And trust me hands down I will get a refund, you're a fool for thinking I won't.
    i do agree about the hardware though
    I don't think Pre|Central offers refunds.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I don't think Pre|Central offers refunds.
    Too bad one of the criterion to be a forum leader was politeness or I would vote for you
    I heard of people who have got multiple refurbs being offered a different phone of similar value by Sprint. You should call them and see what they can do.
    Too bad one of the criterion to be a forum leader was politeness or I would vote for you
    So tell me what do you think the recourse should be when you buy product XYZ, with issues that surface after 30 days, and they replace it 5 times with the same issue.

You're the reason why manufacturers make crappy products, because you are cool with the status quo, and businesses know they can get away with it. You are a complete fool, and I never diss on people in message boards, but what you said is just such an idiotic statement. I guess no sympathy for anyone that buys crappy products.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakouri1 View Post
    So tell me what do you think the recourse should be when you buy product XYZ, with issues that surface after 30 days, and they replace it 5 times with the same issue.

You're the reason why manufacturers make crappy products, because you are cool with the status quo, and businesses know they can get away with it. You are a complete fool, and I never diss on people in message boards, but what you said is just such an idiotic statement. I guess no sympathy for anyone that buys crappy products.
    You do not have any right to own a product for nearly a year which is far longer than it takes to find any flaws with it then scream on a message board with no affiliation with Palm about wanting a refund a little more than 2 weeks before the year warranty on said product expires and even less right to insult me for saying so
    this isnt even the place to complain...you are wasting your time and ours
    lol...i think he was just trying to be funny.

To the OP:
    I'll fix the cracked usb area for you for free, provided you pay for shipping (both ways)

My launch day Pre is still holding up. Sure I've dropped it several times and it has some Oreo looseness, but it's still a pretty good phone.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Ask to swap out for something else, they seem to be doing this for those that have bad luck/go through phones like hot cakes.