View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 165 of 225 FirstFirst ... 65115155160161162163164165166167168169170175215 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_exactly View Post
    Thanks for the correction. I love the forum. Not so much love for the pre. I look forward to seeing you guys and android central.
    Or not...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Or not...
    ....perhaps you mean "see you back here when I realize how much android sux"
    Its a superb o.s., the best out there.
    Its a great device and does everything pretty well, no problems with the functionality.
    Setup is ridiculously easy.

However my issues are

Battery Life is woeful. Get battery manufacturers to help with this.

The app catalog isnt up to much.

Palm need to focus on getting decent developers on board, fund them, work with them and build partnerships to produce world beating applications (put them up in hotels, take them on weekends, get them drunk, hire strippers, seduce those developers to come to palm)

Its your platform but you cant just let developers loose on it, you have to lead the way, form partnerships with the best developers and get quality apps out there. A dollar spent now will return many more if your get it right.

Microsoft encouraged the best developers onto their platform in the early days and worked with them when Windows wasnt all that, but the developers grew with the platform and built partnerships with the sounders, and everyone made lots of money.

The app catalog is filled with pretty rubbish stuff if im honest. I know all app stores/ catalogs suffer from this but here is where you can differentiate.

Have a new category of first rate apps (or similar) that add to the experience
    quality please, not quantity, clear out the crap from the app catalog.

Then market the app store properly, take a lead from Apple's marketing of its app store, the marketing is pretty neat. They regularly advertise in the newspapers, and the ads are cool.

No decent GPS App, this is a hole and needs filling. Work with Garmin or TomTom or someone and get a proper GPS on board.

Superb OS, and will make a an amazing slate device, but the platform needs a real focus now, you have it all there you just need to drive people to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kc_exactly View Post
    Didn't want to rub it in Palm's face but goodbye. Your OS was cool 18 months ago. So was your phone. But you really are making the same mistake you did years ago. You do something cool every couple years and nothing in between. After replacing my Pre three times I was through. I do not think I need to list the reasons Android is better. Anyone can take the time and look it up for themselves.

By the way, I have a pre on ebay for sale.
    From someone who works in technology I can assure you there is no panacea, new stuff, new problems. You sound pretty ****ed off man, so you have my sympathy.

Good luck mate.
    "no decent GPS app" you must be joking! There are some tremndous gps apps out there....

-minimap
    -maptool
    -geocaching for webos
    -trapster
    -gpsdashboard

just to name a few....
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I switched to WebOS from a windows phone (touch diamond) and had been a winmo user for about 5 years. The experience with WebOS has been nothing short of spectacular. I am definitely in love with how natural this feels. Having said this I do have the following things to air off my chest.

The first is the overall theme, yeah I get we can change it and everything but the whole gray + green thing doesn't really do mutch, it look dated. On the other hand the animated backgrounds on a nexus really remind you how bad *** your phone is every time you turn it on. I like it when you feel you phone is futuristic not old.

This brings me to the hardware. the overall design look and feel is nothing radical. its pretty much what we are used to see. look at the aesthetics of other phones and you will see that the pre looks old-er than it really is. On the actual hard side of things 600mhz!? I get that only recently we have been getting to see snap dragons in the wild but isn't it time you announced the follow up to the palm pre? Btw the plus is just that a plus...

Software... This is by FAR the worst offender. I get the whole wanting to populate catalog thing, but when I CONSTANTLY see learn spanish and sports app (mind you I have seen the same app renamed 50 times with team X fan and what not) The catalog for the most part is worthless. We wanted Iphone's catalog we got it! only... It seems we are first getting the spam and junk. Not a single RDP app! and the vnc ones either suck or leave you computers security on the floor.

All of this comes with my humble ultimatum. At the very least whisper something about your follow up device. Remember if its not out by summer you are officially late for the party... Sprint has been teasing me with the Evo 4g and I have got to admin the damn thing is sexy as hell! HDMI out, 8mp camera, 720p video rec, 4.3 Multi Touch Oled sceen, FRONT facing camera, 1ghz snapdragon. The down side is android... I HONESTLY REALLY don't want to switch. Yes I like android, but I like WebOS better. You are making this very difficult to your customers. And of course real easy on you competition.

Yes you where purchased by HP whoopee freaking do... Now what? I am up in the air and don't like it... Please Palm give me a sign of life.

Thanks for reading through my little rant.
    HTC 6700 > HTC6800 > Treo Pro > HTC Diamond > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surferpr View Post
    Software... This is by FAR the worst offender. I get the whole wanting to populate catalog thing, but when I CONSTANTLY see learn spanish and sports app (mind you I have seen the same app renamed 50 times with team X fan and what not) The catalog for the most part is worthless. We wanted Iphone's catalog we got it! only... It seems we are first getting the spam and junk. Not a single RDP app! and the vnc ones either suck or leave you computers security on the floor.
    dude - the PDK will open up this one for you.

so far, applications have been limited to the mojo framework (HTML, CSS) - btu a lot of developers have done some amazing things there. the PDK allows more native applications to be written - which will show more software come to the platform, not everything can be done in HTML, CSS - as much as some zealots want to believe so.

i am sure it'll turn into an excellent and thriving platform. hang in there.
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ardiri View Post
    dude - the PDK will open up this one for you.

so far, applications have been limited to the mojo framework (HTML, CSS) - btu a lot of developers have done some amazing things there. the PDK allows more native applications to be written - which will show more software come to the platform, not everything can be done in HTML, CSS - as much as some zealots want to believe so.

i am sure it'll turn into an excellent and thriving platform. hang in there.
    I know, I work with html and css all the time. My main concern is that the catalog is getting spammed. Trust me I want to hold on, WebOS is a dream but it seams we are kind of late to the party...
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I know, I work with html and css all the time. My main concern is that the catalog is getting spammed. Trust me I want to hold on, WebOS is a dream but it seams we are kind of late to the party...
    it costs $50 US to submit an application to the catalog.. when they dont make money back, they'll stop doing it this will solve itself in the long run.
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS
    I'm sure Palm will respond to your open letter, as long as you include such articulate terms as "whoopee freaking do".
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I'm sure Palm will respond to your open letter, as long as you include such articulate terms as "whoopee freaking do".
    Its more like 1/3 Rant 2/3 Open Letter So I kinda had to put some rant worthy lingo in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    "no decent GPS app" you must be joking! There are some tremndous gps apps out there....

-minimap
    -maptool
    -geocaching for webos
    -trapster
    -gpsdashboard

just to name a few....
    I'd add GeoStrings, but then I ask myself, what's the point. Some people's minds are made up, don't confuse them with any accurate information...
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Also please note that I am in no way putting down the work of some of the devs in the catalog. Some apps are just beautiful. On the subject I think as it stands the Preware catalog is just awesome! WebOS Internals team has done an amzing job on the pre!
  14.    #3294  
    ...Having said this I do have the following things to air off my chest...
    The General Complaints thread is the thread for general complaints.

If you are looking for help with a specific feature or problem, check the Tips Forum, search for an existing thread, or start a new thread if the topic is not already being discussed.

If you want Palm to know about your issue, please post in their official Palm User Forum or tell them directly: www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html.

If anyone sees a General Complaint thread being started, report it so that we can merge the threads.

To report a post, click the triangle icon under the name of the person who made the post.[/QUOTE]
    I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue- I am trying to uninstall the "People at Wallyworld" app beta, but preware and WOSQI do not detect it. It is on my phone and runs (tells me beta expired) but I cannot figure out how to take it off as the app catalog says it is not valid. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Go to Device Info > tap More Info > tap Software > tap the program and select "delete"
    like folders? or a timestamp per text?

I dearly would like simpl folders. Especially a saved folder to move important texts/chats to. Also maybe the ability to create new folders of our liking. that WOuld help to sort out family, work chats etc.

And so theres no patch available to do this either?

Why does Palm leave out the simple things?

Is this feature on the upcoming EVO ?
    Last edited by MDbandit; 05/17/2010 at 07:20 AM.
    Even Android doesn't have a way to save text messages (most likely including the EVO). What phone has this ability? I know I could use 3rd party apps to back them up.

My contacts are separated. Link it with AIM and then you can have people in categories. When I click on Buddies it shows them in the groups that I have on AIM. You can link all the contacts data to their AIM account.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaunders View Post
    Even Android doesn't have a way to save text messages (most likely including the EVO). What phone has this ability? I know I could use 3rd party apps to back them up.

My contacts are separated. Link it with AIM and then you can have people in categories. When I click on Buddies it shows them in the groups that I have on AIM. You can link all the contacts data to their AIM account.
    I had a windows pocket pc phone centuries ago and it had folders

And a treo you could do it on (with windows)

This palm was my first phone in a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time that was not windows mobile

And if Android doesnt do it either, why not? I'm the only one interested in such features? so no demand so they choose not to implement?
    I guess I don't see the point of saving text messages. You could always copy and paste it and then e-mail it to yourself or save it on the SD card.

Checkout the app section and request an app to do what your asking, who knows maybe a developer will create it.