View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 163 of 225 FirstFirst ... 63113153158159160161162163164165166167168173213 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 4493
    Blackberrys suck... Ooops did I say that outloud? Ok really, u may be ok with it as long as you go into it with the right expectations. You already know it won't come close to the pre so as long as it does what u need it to do and u expect nothing more, u should make the wait time ok. Be warned though it is a functional phone not a fun phone ... Good luck and see ya soon
    Thread title changed.... but if this turns ugly it will get thrown into the "I'm leaving the Pre because...." thread.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    but if this turns ugly it will get thrown into the "I'm leaving the Pre because...." thread.
    Can someone explain to me why this would turn ugly? I've also noticed a hint of "coldness" in some of the replies. I just don't understand. Was I wrong to post this? I thought it would be informative that's all. I did not bash Pre or Palm in the least. I've been a member here for about 6 years... did I miss something all that time?

Maybe it's me but I just don't get it.
    i cant fault you for passing on the pre due to hardware issues, since a good number of folks have em, including me. But blackberry? Sure, BB's are great for business, but they dont offer a whole lot more than that. (my opinion).

Did you look at a Pixi? Granted, it is a bit slower, no wifi, and doesn't offer any of the PDK games/apps (as of yet), but other than those things, it still offers the full WebOS experience. Wifi can be a deal breaker for many folks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    i cant fault you for passing on the pre due to hardware issues, since a good number of folks have em, including me. But blackberry? Sure, BB's are great for business, but they dont offer a whole lot more than that. (my opinion).

Did you look at a Pixi? Granted, it is a bit slower, no wifi, and doesn't offer any of the PDK games/apps (as of yet), but other than those things, it still offers the full WebOS experience. Wifi can be a deal breaker for many folks though.
    Yeah, I really need Wifi.

I think I am stuck with the BB for now anyhow. According to the reps in the store, they told me I am only allowed one exchange and this was it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal71 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why this would turn ugly? I've also noticed a hint of "coldness" in some of the replies. I just don't understand. Was I wrong to post this? I thought it would be informative that's all. I did not bash Pre or Palm in the least. I've been a member here for about 6 years... did I miss something all that time?

Maybe it's me but I just don't get it.
    People take it personally when you say you don't like the Pre. Some of us have stuck it out through 8 million replacements and would still stick it out for 8 million more.

It is perfectly fine for you to leave Palm for now as it is just a phone and not underwear.

Ha, I totally thought you'd be leaving for software problems, did you ever fix your syncing needs? Oh well, good luck with that Blackberry in the meantime. My aunt has one, the Tour I believe, I can't figure it out at all with the small screen overrun with vague icons and the rollerball sucks. You're going to have to sleep with that manual.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Well then I certainly apologize if I've offended anyone. That was not my intent at all.

This is a GREAT community, one that' s giving me so much support through the years.

I love you guys!
    After just having a BB for a long while, I will assure you that you won't be happy.

RIM leaves you waiting for the next OS so much that it becomes an obsession. Then to beat it all, they also seem to introduce products that are not ready for the next step into there upgrade path. In other words, they always leave you wanting more.

Brand loyalty is insane though in the BB world. Don't ever try and say something bad about a BB unless you are prepared for war...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Ha, I totally thought you'd be leaving for software problems, did you ever fix your syncing needs?
    Yup! Once I learned more about the syncing and fully understood it, I loved it. Like I said, I will miss this device dearly.
    Jeez, some people really ****ed off!

But RealDeal71, you know you will be back when the c40 comes out, right?
    Hey, just enjoy whatever device you pick up.
    See you around!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Most of my adult life I've owned nothing but Palm phones. My last phone (before I got a Pre) was an 800W.

I purchased my first Pre (Sprint) 3 weeks ago. About 2 weeks in, something went wrong with the space bar, the "click" feed back just wasn't right. So, I swapped it for another Pre.

Today, out of the blue, I noticed spider-web type cracks starting from the silver round button extending up through the screen (I wish I had taken a photo of it for you before I returned it).

Both the phone and in-store Sprint reps confirmed that the cracked screen was a known issue with this phone.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE PRE!

However, 2 hardware failures in less then 30 days is a bit much for me for a phone that costs $500. Even if I had insurance and/or I encountered another issue that would be covered by warranty, I just don't need the hassle, despite my love of this phone.

Unfortunately, I exchanged my Pre for a Blackberry Curve tonight. I have NEVER used a BB before in my life so I will need to play around with it A LOT before I can even comment on it but I know it won't be like the Pre.

So, it's goodbye for now. I will DEFINITELY be lurking here because I know that only good things are to come now that we have HP in our corner and I know that I will definitely be back to Palm again in the future.

For now, if anyone has any BB hints or tips they wish to share, I'm all ears!

Thank you all for you invaluable help throughout the years. This is not goodbye, just "See ya later"!
    From your posts it definitely seems you would be happier with an Android phone over blackberry. Personally I am not a fan of the blackberry line up, but to each his own. If you do end up taking the blackberry back than check out some of the android phones. Not sure if you are with Sprint or Verizon, but Verizon has the Incredible which looks nice but have never played with. Sprint has the Moment which is a pretty solid phone, added another line to my account and went with the moment. Also the EVO is coming out before the end of summer, but that will probably be to long of a wait.

Also no need to be loyal to a brand just because you have always used it in the past. It's all about what works best for you for your needs. Palm may be that for you, or perhaps some other company.

Good luck with your blackberry, hopefully works out well for you.
    Sorry to see you or anyone for that matter leave the webos community disappointed. I love my pre and stuck it out through multiple replacements and wouldn't go with any other phone but I understand why you did.

I guess you'll be back when the c40 lands but until then good luck and god bless.

this post may no longer make any sense as it has been moved
    Last edited by Iroc371; 05/05/2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Moved
    Palm Pre Plus 2010 World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Iroc371 View Post
    this post may no longer make any sense as it has been moved
    Yeah, I spend 6 years here, buy a non-palm device for the first time in my life and suddenly I am exiled into obscurity... all I can say is, Wow!
    ok so i'm on my third pre plus in less than a month for the same issue on two of them. just got my third one about a half hour ago. when this one breaks next week, i'm ditching this pos and getting a droid eris. i'm very disappointed.
    Yeah, I spend 6 years here, buy a non-palm device for the first time in my life and suddenly I am exiled into obscurity... all I can say is, Wow!
    After all this, I ended up back with my Palm Pre See my post HERE.

After my experience with a BB, I will happily take my Pre back to the store for replacement once a week if I have to!
    can someone help me please. im new to the palm and im trying to get the homebrew and patches so i can update my phone. i seem to have followed the directions but that web0sinstaller says plug in phone and i do and my usb seems to work ok. im not sure what i did wrong and but in that long word to activiate something mode and it reset my device.im not sure what to do and i keep reading about patches that you can change color of txt or get signature for txt. some say you can change ya icon on ya instant messenger and add pics to you side of the txt. and some other stuff please write me if you can help.
    I've been a very loyal Palm user since the original Palm Pilot, and have had virtually every iteration of Palm phones. I finally called it quits. Hardware issues aside, I just don't see a realistic hope that webOS will catch up any time soon, and I can't continue to wait for such a simple function as an "invite" on my calendar app. Yikes -- I got an iPhone. Let's hope HP can turn things around for webOS -- it's an elegant OS, but so far from reaching it's potential that I can't continue to wait.
    Goodbye bnmlaw.

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Goodbye bnmlaw.
    +1

----nice 4 posts you must have really given it a shot.... good luck with the brick in your pocket.