View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 162 of 225 FirstFirst ... 62112152157158159160161162163164165166167172212 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 4493
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Is it possible to block all posts with "evo" in it? I am so tired of reading them!
    Quote Originally Posted by sculchy1 View Post
    Is it possible to block all posts with "evo" in it? I am so tired of reading them!

Yes, it's called closing your eyes :-).
    Quote Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post
    LOL
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post

FTW!
    I plan on getting the EVO too, but look forward to what WebOS has in store for their next device.
    I too, plan on keeping my pre... 8 months and not a problem one!
    Quote Originally Posted by sculchy1 View Post
    Unfortunately there are too many people who are too finicky about their phones and see the next "big thing" and are off an running thinking they will miraculously find the cure to the phone needs. Then they found out that they didn't.

There will be a lot of people who switch to Evo only to wish they hadn't. Of course, if they keep their Pre, they can always switch back, but they will have spent money on the other phone.

There will, of course, also be people who will be thrilled with the switch. I'm on Verizon and have access to the Droid and Incredible. You would have to pry my Pre+ from my cold dead hands before putting me on one of those phones. When it comes to what matters most, everyday use, the Droid phones suck compared to the Pre+, IMHO.
    Most of my adult life I've owned nothing but Palm phones. My last phone (before I got a Pre) was an 800W.

I purchased my first Pre (Sprint) 3 weeks ago. About 2 weeks in, something went wrong with the space bar, the "click" feed back just wasn't right. So, I swapped it for another Pre.

Today, out of the blue, I noticed spider-web type cracks starting from the silver round button extending up through the screen (I wish I had taken a photo of it for you before I returned it).

Both the phone and in-store Sprint reps confirmed that the cracked screen was a known issue with this phone.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE PRE!

However, 2 hardware failures in less then 30 days is a bit much for me for a phone that costs $500. Even if I had insurance and/or I encountered another issue that would be covered by warranty, I just don't need the hassle, despite my love of this phone.

Unfortunately, I exchanged my Pre for a Blackberry Curve tonight. I have NEVER used a BB before in my life so I will need to play around with it A LOT before I can even comment on it but I know it won't be like the Pre.

So, it's goodbye for now. I will DEFINITELY be lurking here because I know that only good things are to come now that we have HP in our corner and I know that I will definitely be back to Palm again in the future.

For now, if anyone has any BB hints or tips they wish to share, I'm all ears!

Thank you all for you invaluable help throughout the years. This is not goodbye, just "See ya later"!
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal71 View Post
    This is not goodbye, just "See ya later"!
    Bad thread title then.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    wrong forum
    Too bad, sounds like you got from a bad batch. Fine to sit out this round and wait to see what they announce in the fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Bad thread title then.
    You're right! Changed... tried to anyhow.
    What forum should I have put this in?
    there should be an official im leaving or maybe in the off topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    there should be an official im leaving or maybe in the off topic forum
    Well since the reason for leaving was (2) Pre hardware issues within 30 days, I thought the Palm Pre Device & Accessories forum appropriate.
    Well since the reason for leaving was (2) Pre hardware issues within 30 days, I thought the Palm Pre Device & Accessories forum appropriate.
    No yeah, i know what ur saying, but i know the mod's set up a specific "leaving palm" thread somewhere
    i have a feeling you will be back in a couple of weeks.... Blackberries are so yesterday.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I don't mind these threads. They provide insight on why a consumer doesn't like a product.
    However, a lot of people feel the need to say "who cares? don't let the door hit you on your way out" or some... stupid saying.

Point being, good-bye threads are just as bad (or good) to me as hello threads.
    You don't see me saying "don't let the door hit you on your way in."
    You're lucky. You didn't get one of those people, but I would just like to point that out.

I wouldn't go for a blackberry. I would personally buy an android phone next... the Evo? Check it out.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I've had the (dis)pleasure of working on these at work attempting to get them to integrate with our Enterprise Google Apps. Nothing against BB or BB lovers but that OS is WAY more complicated than it should be. Too many click/menus to do anything. I guess the Pre has spoiled me.

Hope your experiences with BB is better than mine. Good luck!