View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 161 of 225 FirstFirst ... 61111151156157158159160161162163164165166171211 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 4493
    You guys know that the verizon update fixed that keyboard issue. I don't think I have ever had a phone that didn't have some sort of smudge, pixel missing, or hardware imperfection. No one else would notice that on your own phone except for you. I can always pick out imperfections on pretty much anything. WebOs isn't for everybody. Unfortunately it comes with the type of hardware it comes with. I'm not switching the from the greatest OS to another one that's not even a close second best.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    sorry, webOS is far from perfect. It still has a lot of potential, but there are still quite a few bugs. In stock form it's very limited. Even some of the basic programs can cause the TMC error. There are still slowdown, unresponsiveness, that stupid wavey launch bar, luna resets needed and so on. You would've thought by now, after 13+ yrs in the mobile OS business they would create an OS that didn't need frequent soft resets of some sort to remain optimal.

webOS is elegant and multitasks very well but you're injecting kool-aid if you think other OS's aren't close if not better in some ways. You can't even create a customizable today screen.

And if people can get past the holy grail of free form multitasking, maybe they'll see WP7 might have a shot at being a viable OS. And with the power of MS behind it on top of many mfg's creating hardware, they could steal some of HP's thunder come the end of the year.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Other OS's has things it does better. As a whole I think Webos not only is the best, but they are heading in the direction where technology is going. It's not at all about the multitasking it's the fact that the web will be as functional as a native app. on a desktop. Soon you will be able to watch a video without having to download a plugin to play the video. With HTML5 innovating, the web will be essential in providing access to everyday tasks and gaming that you would otherwise need an application or plugin to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willmays87 View Post
    dude people hate the truth on here. I agree just wait for the evo and leave quietly. Alot more friendly people on androidcentral that are from this site anyways. On my 4th pre too. Don't worry man there's a bright future in evoland. And android is like the second or the top os for users. Which means noone cares how "elegant" webos is. band which also means android isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. So jus sit tightly. Ull have a good phone soon
    See, it's foolish comments like this that cause the negative reactions you experience. It has nothing to with people "hating the truth on here", it has to do with people pretending their opinions are the truth.

Truth - Android is neither the #1, nor the #2, OS for users.
    Truth - Though there are many more popular systems out there, the hundreds of thousands of users that do feel that the Pre is "elegant" does not qualify as "no one".
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    See, it's foolish comments like this that cause the negative reactions you experience. It has nothing to with people "hating the truth on here", it has to do with people pretending their opinions are the truth.

Truth - Android is neither the #1, nor the #2, OS for users.
    Truth - Though there are many more popular systems out there, the hundreds of thousands of users that do feel that the Pre is "elegant" does not qualify as "no one".
    hparsons -- give it up. You are trying a logical argument with an illogical person.
    Quote Originally Posted by kertong View Post
    And yet, you replied and contributed. Thanks for playing!

I know lots of people are complaining. That indicates a problem. It's not their fault. If everyone stopped complaining about stuck toyota accelerator pedals because "toyota was already aware of it", I'm sure they would have fixed it in a timely manner. ha!

Meanwhile, we can help by making up imaginary teams of "defense forces" on the internet so we can feel like we belong.
    Sorry, you lost all credibility with me at the "heresay" point.

When you tell people "I don't believe you" when they say they have no problems with their phone, don't be surprised when they say the same thing back when you complain about problems with yours.

Your "I'm stating the truth" has no more validity than does mine.
    This was one small patch that I really wanted to work, but in trying to get it to, it led me to having to completely reinstall everything on my Pre, and now I'm desperately trying to find a way to get either the 720 or the 800 MHz patch back.
    I have loved my Pre from day 1 and I'm still using the same one. Only have had a few problems and those were self-inflicted wounds.
    I think there is a reason why people in Palm land are so hardcore with their phones and handhelds. I've tried the other systems and it just doesn't come with the endless possibilities as Palm products. I was so hardcore with my Palm TX. I did every modification that you could do on it. I even had the same multitasking that the newest IPhone has. I was so excited to hear about WebOS. At first it was the greatest thing in the world, then it was just really good, but missing a few things, then it again became the gretest thing in the world and getting better as the months go on. I think it's pretty fitting that you'd find alot of people so hardcore over their phones on a Precentral site! It pretty much makes sense. When people come on here making comments about people being overly indulged in their phone makes no sense. We are on a PREcentral site! This comment:
    "dude people hate the truth on here. I agree just wait for the evo and leave quietly. Alot more friendly people on androidcentral that are from this site anyways. On my 4th pre too. Don't worry man there's a bright future in evoland. And android is like the second or the top os for users. Which means noone cares how "elegant" webos is. band which also means android isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. So jus sit tightly. Ull have a good phone soon"
    Makes no dang sense on this site. Their unfortunately are going to be people taking full advantage that this is an open discussion type site and we can discuss whatever we want. Thank god for America. It's just something to keep in mind when we come across dumb comments like this on a PRE---CENTRAL site! I would just take it with a grain of salt, if even that.
    Sorry guys but I left my pre. I couldn't take it anymore giving me too many cards error especially during phonecalls. I asked to switch phones from the pre under inurance since I replaced it like 5 times. Switched to the moment until the evo comes out. Thank you for the support everyone... the only thing I would like left is to use touchstone if anyone knows how to do it.

thank you mytether
    sorry to hear that good luck.. P.S I'm waiting on the evo too
    I think a lot of us are waiting for the EVO :-). Pre is a good phone, but the specs on the EVO look very promising.
    I'm waiting for the HPrEVO.
    I may play around with the EVO but if it isn't as intuitive to operate as my Pre I'll wait for the next WebOS device...restarts aren't that bad and I'll never go back to a menu based phone...good luck to you.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

We are all phone W H O R E S !!! But, I won't leave Palm until I see what's they have next.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Enjoy your android phone(s). I toyed with one a few months ago (and have looked at a lot of them, closely) but honestly think webOS is light-years ahead of it in usability and power. But to each his own!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I'm waiting for the HPrEVO.
    +1 to that. I don't plan on leaving WebOS anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    Sorry guys but I left my pre. I couldn't take it anymore giving me too many cards error especially during phonecalls. I asked to switch phones from the pre under inurance since I replaced it like 5 times. Switched to the moment until the evo comes out. Thank you for the support everyone... the only thing I would like left is to use touchstone if anyone knows how to do it.
    My sister had recently switched to Sprint and she started with the Samsung Moment, she hated it and turned it back in for a Pre which she is really happy with now. If the EVO had a real keyboard w/universal search, webOS UI and a touchstone charger I might consider it, but I love webOS too much and staying put until the next Palm product is released. BTW, I have had my Pre now for almost a year and have never got the TMC error but I don't play 3d games.
    Pretty soon we will have idiots like this posting to the entire forum that they are keeping their Pre.

Oh wait......
    O ye of little faith....