View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 160 of 225 FirstFirst ... 60110150155156157158159160161162163164165170210 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by intellidryad View Post
    My keyboard died on me once. I fixed it by pulling out the battery, and then waiting for several minutes before putting it back in.

Hope it works with yours, too.
    Did you try this yet? It worked for me once as well.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    They're handing out new Pre's now instead of refurbished so try it out one more time and you may get the one with the better build quality.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    well 4 months and i beat my pre to death at work....i work with hazardous powder chemicals and use my pre with the dirtiest hands around...the only thing i notice about the hardware is the light scratches in the usual card swipe away area....its a hardy phone in my opinion even thou it looks kind of fem due to the mirror and all....but then again i like a female body so it works for me...
    Last edited by kataran; 04/28/2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    They're handing out new Pre's now instead of refurbished so try it out one more time and you may get the one with the better build quality.
    Just got mine yesterday, the ##RTN# showed it is a refurbed unit, refurbed on 4/13/10. I don't care if it is a refurb as long as it works.

Little Oreo, slider is tight, and keys are clicky.
    Last edited by Butters3605; 04/28/2010 at 12:42 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    take out the battery for 3 min.....the put it back in. keyboard should work
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Personally, if a phone is giving me too much grief (regardless of the brand) I move on to a new phone. We all have a certain amount we're willing to put up with and once you've passed that line there's nothing wrong with moving on. I personally don't see why people feel the need to say "I'm leaving" but whatever works for them.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johntd View Post
    Why take all the time to tell us (in great detail I might add) all of your problems and then state you want to switch to another phone. You could have just left quietly........
    Probably because he's in the same boat as me and others are. He really likes the OS, and yet he has had hardware problems. I don't doubt there are trouble-free Pre's out there, but there are many of them with various issues. It's very frustrating. In my case if Verizon wasn't offering me free WiFi hotspot capabilities and a great deal on the phone I'd probably have already left. Plus the wife has had no issues thus far with hers, and I already own a bunch of accessories. I'll keep swapping as long as the retailer and Verizon want to keep it up. Pathetic, but it is what it is.
    I say upgrade to a new palm pre!!
    I'd still like a response on the purpose of this post. I honestly think its for attention and only attention. If you have genuine problem why don't you make a good old fashioned pros and con's list and see how that goes. Please let me know how that goes.
  10.    #3190  
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    ..I'm seriously considering the EVO..
    This is the thread for a list of complaints or to tell why you are leaving.

Threads merged.

If you want Palm to know about your issue, please post in their official Palm User Forum or tell them directly: www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html.

Good luck!

- Craig
    Need a place to vent. Like I said, I love the phone. Im planning to release Habla Plus! in the very near future and have another app in the works as well.

I'm just frustrated at the number of times I've had to replace the phone due to poor build quality.

As for people jumping all over it or whatever, I think that some people are much too sensitive about equipment they have no personal stake in. I love my Pre, but damn, its just a phone. The way some people defend their phones, be it a Pre, iPhone, or whatever - you'd think someone just insulted their mother.
    Where are they doing this? I keep getting refurbs and its ****ing me off. I am on my 3rd one now.

Sprint says its NORMAL for my phone to freeze and shut off when I use the Nav.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried a three way call with the pre? If so you probably noticed that if you want to end the call with one of the participants on the line, you have to hang up the entire call. Some say that its because of the sprint network, but more and more i am finding that not to be true. All blackberry phones have the ability to hang up on only one of the participants of the 3 way call. Why can't we do this for the pre? Is it something that can be fixed with a patch? Seriously who would design three way like that
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried a three way call with the pre? If so you probably noticed that if you want to end the call with one of the participants on the line, you have to hang up the entire call. Some say that its because of the sprint network, but more and more i am finding that not to be true. All blackberry phones have the ability to hang up on only one of the participants of the 3 way call. Why can't we do this for the pre? Is it something that can be fixed with a patch? Seriously who would design three way like that
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Just to shed some light on one owner's (me) pre experience. Just for some background - I am a computer professional (been at companies like google, facebook, etc, so palm is just down the street). I am not new to gadgets, and I have owned at least 20 different phones in the past 2 years.

so, my pre historym, which doesn't seem too uncommon:

Pre #1: Got a Sprint pre. LCD had white discolored spots on it, and 2 dead pixels square in the middle of the screen.

Pre #2: Got #1 replaced through sprint. 2nd pre worked for about a month, then the touchstone stopped working.

Pre #3: Got #2 replaced through sprint. 3rd pre had a dead pixel, but by this time I was beyond small aesthetics like that. However, the slider was the worst, wobbled about 15-20 degrees each way, lifted about 1cm off the body, etc. Could not get this replaced as nothing was technically "wrong".

So, I quit sprint. Went to Verizon and bought a Droid. However, I had started reading reviews that the palm pre plus slider mechanism had been fixed, and that things have been improved.

Pixi #1: Having been 'bitten' by the pre, I was a bit hesitant so I went with a pixi plus instead. Paid full price for this pixi out of contract. After a week of use, I remembered how much I loved webOS, so I decided to upgrade to a pre plus.

Pre #4: Double typing keyboard, dropped keys and letters, and a generally slow/unresponsive keyboard. Sent in for replacement.

Pre #5: This came in direct from palm to replace Pre #4. However, the bottom right of the screen had a large splotch about 1 inch in diameter. On a black background, the splotch is whiteish. On a white background, the splotch is yellow. It's pretty noticeable, and I'm insulted Palm would even send me something so obviously subpar.

Pre #6: This is on its way to replace Pre #5, after wrestling with palm support for about 35 minutes on the phone while they repeatedly put me on hold. I am so damn sick of the chaka kahn "ain't nobody" hold music.

I am done. I am only trying to get a working Pre so I can sell it on craigslist without giving some poor sap a busted phone. I'm starting to believe these mythical "100% working" pres don't really exist. Just hearsay.

Buyer, beware! I know on any other forum, or with any other product, it's always the ones with the big problems that speak the loudest, and they're generally one-offs or exceptions. However, skim through this forum and you'll see that keyboard errors, bad displays, wobbling sliders, cracking usb doors, busted GPSes, random resets, etc etc etc are MUCH more common than they should be.
    A few days ago, a post like this would have bothered me. Today, not so much...

We all know that the Pre has had serious quality control issues. That's been firmly established, and yet here we have another NEW thread about it that contributes absolutely nothing. And with that, I'm officially done with threads like this. Time to move on to more positive discussions.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    A few days ago, a post like this would have bothered me. Today, not so much...

We all know that the Pre has had serious quality control issues. That's been firmly established, and yet here we have another NEW thread about it that contributes absolutely nothing. And with that, I'm officially done with threads like this. Time to move on to more positive discussions.
    And yet, you replied and contributed. Thanks for playing!

I know lots of people are complaining. That indicates a problem. It's not their fault. If everyone stopped complaining about stuck toyota accelerator pedals because "toyota was already aware of it", I'm sure they would have fixed it in a timely manner. ha!

Meanwhile, we can help by making up imaginary teams of "defense forces" on the internet so we can feel like we belong.
    Last edited by kertong; 04/29/2010 at 06:05 PM.
    I feel for you. I know many here are still on their first Pre from day one or the first month it came out. I had my first until February when I damaged it myself. The only issues were the head phone jack which came back and a slight "oreo". Have insurance and got replacement. To this day everything is fine. Hope you have luck in the future with whatever phone you get.
    Oh one more thing. The replacement you will be getting should be a new one, not a referb. It is understood now that Palm is only sending out new ones for replacement.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kertong View Post
    Meanwhile, we can help by making up imaginary teams of "defense forces" on the internet so we can feel like we belong.
    Methinks you're not familiar with the notion of satire...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Methinks you're not familiar with the notion of satire...
    sorry, my sarcasm detector keeps randomly restarting, so that one must've slipped by me. j/k