View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 159 of 225 FirstFirst ... 59109149154155156157158159160161162163164169209 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 4493
    I beg to differ with you buddy I know you have some kind of love affair with your phone but there is no denying when the CEO of Palm stated himself that the phone has plenty issues. I agree with this post 100 percent..The phone sucks..plain and simple!
    I got my palm pre shipped from Germany to Singapore and did not have the hardware problems that many described here. My first initial concern was the oreo.. yes it did a tiny bit of twisties... a bit irritated but not a killer.

I don't know but from the forum postings sounds like some ppl seems to keep getting bad hardware... don't know could be related to bad palm karma! heehee

But I have to agree, the plastic is really cheap and in this time and age, I hardly think that anyone wants a phone made out of fingerprint magnets.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...omplaints.html
    i am still on my first Pre 10 months and going strong
    Hey,

Problem with my pre.... shock shock horror horror.

The speaker is no longer working on mine for phonecalls, reception is dirt and the phone is constantly dropping calls on me. I've had it about 6 months so I got it sent back to the manufacturer to get it mended under warranty. They rang and told me that it wasn't covered under warrenty because they needed to fix the screen so I told them to send it back with out repairing it.

I got it back yesterday and tried to turn it on but it's stuck on some form of tool central screen and I can't get into the phone at all. Has anyone any idea of how to get the phone back working. They only problem I had was the speaker. Also I was looking at it last night and the front cover on the sides looks mangled places, almost like they used a screw driver to try prise it apart.

I'm so disgusted that I've wasted my upgrade on this phone instead of the iphone, I've had nothing but trouble with for the duration of having it!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEEDOFF View Post
    I'm so disgusted that I've wasted my upgrade on this phone instead of the iphone, I've had nothing but trouble with for the duration of having it!
    weird...i'm not aware of a provider that offers the Pre and iphone, so how did you waste your upgrade??? nice troll atempt....
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    weird...i'm not aware of a provider that offers the Pre and iphone, so how did you waste your upgrade??? nice troll atempt....
    oh yeah....nice first post....perhhaps you should have come to the forum sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    Remember that the Pre is not only sold in USA. In Mexico Telcel carries both the iPnone and the Pre, GSM versions.
    Before anyone starts running their mouth about me being a troll or something - let me state that I got my Pre (my first one anyway) on the launch date, and I have an app in the app catalog (Habla!).

That being said, I've had four Pres thus far. Admittedly, the loss of my first one was my fault. Lost it while bar hopping.

The next one, the phone kept switching over to headset mode, even though no headset was plugged in.

The next one, the keyboard backlight just stopped working and I couldn't text or e-mail in a dark or dimly lit area.

Now my current one, my keyboard just stopped working period!!

I actually love the phone, but I'm tired of running back to Sprint every few months for a replacement and having to back up everything, uninstall my patches, then restore everything later.

I'm seriously considering the EVO, despite the fact that I hate the thought of not having a physical keyboard.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Why take all the time to tell us (in great detail I might add) all of your problems and then state you want to switch to another phone. You could have just left quietly........
    My keyboard died on me once. I fixed it by pulling out the battery, and then waiting for several minutes before putting it back in.

Hope it works with yours, too.
    I said I'm considering it - read carefully. You could have remained quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    I said I'm considering it - read carefully. You could have remained quiet.
    Please don't take this as "jumping all over you", you sound very reasonable. But, what is your goal with the original post?

Is it:

1) That you are a troll, and want others to see the Pre in a bad light (had to put this as an option ).

2) You want people to jump to the defense of the Pre and convince you to hang with it because it is so great (or there is potentially a new and more solid model coming)?

3) You want people to jump on the offense against the Pre and convince you to switch to an EVO ASAP?

EDIT: 4) You just need a place to vent your frustration?

That is why I think people do jump all over these types of posts -- what is the purpose?
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    Before anyone starts running their mouth about me being a troll or something - let me state that I got my Pre (my first one anyway) on the launch date, and I have an app in the app catalog (Habla!).

That being said, I've had four Pres thus far. Admittedly, the loss of my first one was my fault. Lost it while bar hopping.

The next one, the phone kept switching over to headset mode, even though no headset was plugged in.

The next one, the keyboard backlight just stopped working and I couldn't text or e-mail in a dark or dimly lit area.

Now my current one, my keyboard just stopped working period!!

I actually love the phone, but I'm tired of running back to Sprint every few months for a replacement and having to back up everything, uninstall my patches, then restore everything later.

I'm seriously considering the EVO, despite the fact that I hate the thought of not having a physical keyboard.
    Dude, I feel you. Its annoying having to get it replaced.(although i actually enjoyed going into sprint to play with new phones) For the first 6 months my story looks like yours. However I haven't had to replace it since december. The build quality sux. That's known. If you can hang in there for another 6-8 months, there will be another device to choose from. Habla! was one of the first apps available homebrew or in the catalog if my memory serves me, and its a non PDK right? How about a pixi till the next device rolls out? Go talk to sprint, I bet ya you can get a pixi to replace your pre.....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    battery heats up when charging and dies too quickly...
    Still on my orig pre.. I do accept some small imperfections in a device after I use it for 8 months though..I mean its not new anymore..now if the keyboard dint work well thats a major issue.

fwiw all phones have issues..my friend replaced his iphone 3 times in 2 months when he first got it last year.
    dude people hate the truth on here. I agree just wait for the evo and leave quietly. Alot more friendly people on androidcentral that are from this site anyways. On my 4th pre too. Don't worry man there's a bright future in evoland. And android is like the second or the top os for users. Which means noone cares how "elegant" webos is. band which also means android isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. So jus sit tightly. Ull have a good phone soon
    I love my Pre, but I'm on my 3rd and can understand your frustration. I'm not switching anytime soon, but I don't blame you for wanting too. This is a forum, it's okay to express your frustrations and mention the possibility of switching phones because of the shortcomings. IMHO, anyways. :-)
    People who are considering leaving Palm are just frustrated. Go ahead and vent... but hang in there!
    yeah, go over to android central.. And you read about all of their problems... Just remember if you treat any high tech device bad, it will return the favor.. You stated you lost one phone barhopping, and that just shows you have no respect for nice things.. Maybe a jitterbug is in your future.. Imho of course.. Oh, I'm still on my original pre.. Almost 8 months now, and nary a problem.. Good day
    I am on my third Pre as well, Pre #1 borked USB port, Pre #2 cracked screen.

I love my webOS because I can pick up another phone and GO! I got my new phone yesterday, reloaded my profile and started using it. it had all my contacts, websites, calendar, and everything ready for use.

To make the switch (and doctoring) easier, I downloaded all my homebrew to my PC, for a simple one time install via WOSQI (thank you Jason!)

This time I decided to load my patches from preware, but normally I, again, use WOSQI to apply all my patches at once and do one Luna restart.

I guess what I am getting at here is that I have had other phones where I have had to get one replaced. I spend all day reconfiguring and redoing all the stuff that is important to me.

I have doctored and replaced phones a couple times now (never had to doctor by force, only by choice) and I was able to get up and go with an hour or so like nothing happened. i can't think of another device you can do this with.

Just my 2 cents

Reminds me of the old PalmOS days where you could reset the device to factory specs and then just hook it up and hotsync and you were back to normal! People have forgotten about this feature that Palm has been using forever!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.