View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 158 of 225 FirstFirst ... 58108148153154155156157158159160161162163168208 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 4493
    Can i have two palm pre or pixi under the same palm profile? Because i need to have the same info and data in both
    I'm not sure about Palm profiles, if it ties it to a specific phone or not, but if you link your contacts and calendar to the same email adrs, you'll sync all the contacts and calendars to all phones. The phone doesn't care where it pulls info from.
    Last edited by crogs571; 04/27/2010 at 07:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbpinoy82 View Post
    dump the touchstone and get the 2600mah battery
    that 2600 mah battery sux from what i read, keep touchstone and just get a spare OEM battery.. imho..

complaints:
    headset mode getting stuck....hardware issue
    no flash support...at keast we're getting it eventually, iphone lol
    no 1.4.1 on VZW yet
    BATTERY LIFE, wifi on when available helps alot, but its still horrendous...i shouldnt have to toggle 4 settings on/off to get decent battery life...
    I've had my Pre for 1.5 months...it's been babied. I love webOS (for the most part - still amazes me the Palm branded Facebook app is so crappy) but I can't believe how flimsy the hardware is. I mean this is their premiere device. Mine has such bad oreo-effect that half of the time i look down and the top is sitting at a tilt on the keyboard section....total junk. Looking at the forums it appears as though a replacement will have the same issue and/or other problems. I should have used my better judgement and sent this back within my 30-day trial period, but now it looks like i'm stuck.

/end rant
    This is a super-rare instance where I agree with the "Shoulda done your research" brigade.
    Ya, lesson learned. I recently read where the CEO of Palm said he'd never used an iPhone. Maybe he should have so there would have been a better reference for a quality build. Too bad as I love the look and concept of the phone/webOS.
    That's like asking if you've stopped beating your wife. I have had mine since a month after launch. I take care of it, but it goes everywhere without a case and without a screen cover, and it's almost as solid as the day I bought it. As far as I'm concerned, the build quality is fine. Sure it could be more consistent....but at least it's not consistently bad.
    I beg to differ. I'm on my 3rd Pre in 1 month. I have never dropped it and try to take very good care but I keep getting the double type issue, screen issues, and the slider on the first was absolutely horrible and ok the second.

I'm thinking about leaving the Pre just because of the hardware issues. WebOS is great it's just the crappy hardware...
    I still don't see what the deal is with the hardware. Maybe I'm lucky, but my wife and I are on our original Pres (Pries?) from launch (I guess about a year now). I have never had any problems. They both had a slight oreo effect, but I did the "hold firmly at four corners and slide open and close" that cured that. I have felt other slider phones (non-Pre), and they seem to have as much play as mine does. I try to baby my phone, but it has been dropped several times...with no ill effects what-so-ever. Also my 9 year old plays games on it all the time. He is pretty rough with it, but has yet to cause any damage. My Pre is still running strong since I originally brought it home!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    This is a super-rare instance where I agree with the "Shoulda done your research" brigade.
    **GASPS!!!** Et Tu Brute?

Quote Originally Posted by HMCH View Post
    I still don't see what the deal is with the hardware. Maybe I'm lucky, but my wife and I are on our original Pres (Pries?) from launch (I guess about a year now). I have never had any problems. They both had a slight oreo effect, but I did the "hold firmly at four corners and slide open and close" that cured that. I have felt other slider phones (non-Pre), and they seem to have as much play as mine does. I try to baby my phone, but it has been dropped several times...with no ill effects what-so-ever. Also my 9 year old plays games on it all the time. He is pretty rough with it, but has yet to cause any damage. My Pre is still running strong since I originally brought it home!
    I put that "hold the four corners and slide open and closed 50 thousand times" trick firmly in the urban legend or placebo effect category. Did absolutely nothing for me. Still rickety as an old Ford pickup.
    Last edited by GenericMusings; 04/27/2010 at 04:05 PM.
    I posted this on another thread

"I love my pre plus! After reading all the naysayer slams of the hardware, I halfway expected it to fall apart in my hands. Got it on Verizon launch day and couldn’t be happier. I have even dropped it a couple of times and not a scratch on the “cheap plastic case”. I did get a front coverage invisibleSHIELD but I carry it in my pocket with keys, glasses and coins and still no damage. I really like the phone form factor and the WebOS is the most functional mobile User Interface I have ever used.

My friend at work has an iphone with a dented aluminum frame and he has had to replace the glass screen twice at his own expense due to cracking. I would seem that the phone is no longer under warranty because he dropped it! He is now waiting for AT&T to get the pre plus so he can upgrade."

I have since found out that the guy with the Iphone is on his 3rd phone and the glass screen replacement cost was $140.00 each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I posted this on another thread

"I love my pre plus! After reading all the naysayer slams of the hardware, I halfway expected it to fall apart in my hands. Got it on Verizon launch day and couldn’t be happier. I have even dropped it a couple of times and not a scratch on the “cheap plastic case”. I did get a front coverage invisibleSHIELD but I carry it in my pocket with keys, glasses and coins and still no damage. I really like the phone form factor and the WebOS is the most functional mobile User Interface I have ever used.

My friend at work has an iphone with a dented aluminum frame and he has had to replace the glass screen twice at his own expense due to cracking. I would seem that the phone is no longer under warranty because he dropped it! He is now waiting for AT&T to get the pre plus so he can upgrade."

I have since found out that the guy with the Iphone is on his 3rd phone and the glass screen replacement cost was $140.00 each time.
    Your friend needs to take better care of his stuff. Glass screens don't just crack on their own.
    Your friend needs to take better care of his stuff. Glass screens don't just crack on their own.
    It is not so rare - google = Results 1 - 10 of about 2,240,000 for iphone glass cracked!
    Last edited by not-yet-pre; 04/27/2010 at 04:52 PM. Reason: include quote
    Build quality sucks. If so many things have a name like"The Oreo Effect", "The 3.5mm problem", "The power button issue", "The spider web effect" then you have to question the build quality.
    All phones have build quality issues. It's the modern paradigm of "just good enough" which pervades the electronics industry. It's just the way it is. No phone is perfect. So far, my phone has been perfectly fine and feels as well built as any other phone I've had.
    Build quality issues escalate with number of moving parts a device has and how complex the design is. iPhones don't have much quality issues because they don't have a slider and a physical keyboard and all the little bitty parts that go with them. They are basically like a tablet. Nothing to wear out. But if you ask iPhone users, a lot of them would also be complaining about dead/stuck pixels. Which goes to show you that their build quality isn't perfect either.

I think Palm should take this into account and build a much simpler (yet elegant like Pre) phone next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    Build quality sucks. If so many things have a name like"The Oreo Effect", "The 3.5mm problem", "The power button issue", "The spider web effect" then you have to question the build quality.
    Double character is, too, a hardware issue. I've never had a keyboard do the same, not even those super cheap toy-like electronic address books.
    had my pre for almost a yr,,never had any oreo affect and no issues. Now I love it even more that I have one of the cases w the built in slider and ts cutout.
    We purchased 3 Pres last June and they are holding up great, no problems, never babied them, really happy with the quality of our phones. My sister left Verizon and purchased a Pre and she is really happy with her Pre.
    Palm should be ashamed for making the piece of SHISH phone. From day one I always have had problems. Nothing works within the phone consistently, it always has some type of lag, Shuts off by itself, And know over half of the number I get I can't text or recieve text from. And there is NO SOLUTION!!!!!! Sprint better drop the EVO soon or I am gone!!! Its a daggum shame that the phone is such a known piece of garbage that Sprint is dropping it in less than a year!!!!