View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 156 of 225 FirstFirst ... 56106146151152153154155156157158159160161166206 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 4493
    I just heard a rumor from a friend of my cousin whose sister works at the company that provides Sprint with their coffee machines: HTC will be buying Palm, putting Windows Mobile on the Pixi, dumping the Pre and webOS, and donating Palm's entire patent portfolio to charity to help foster pet neutering in South Korea.
    Last edited by wynand32; 04/21/2010 at 04:41 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Sprint will be getting the Palm Pre Plus and the Palm Pixi Plus by the end of May. In turn Palm will announce their new handset to compete with the iPhone 4G in June. Unfortunately it will probably not include a WiMax modem.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Come on now ! ---- Dump a great OS to keep and distribute cheap plastic hardware. ---- Riiiiiigggght !!!!
    I can see it now: HTC Buys Palm for Pre Hardware, Dumps Software and Patents!
    Unless your agent is on the HTC board, no one knows first, if HTC is even going to buy Palm and second, what HTC is going to do with WebOS if it does buy Palm. Lastly there will be no effort to take pre hardware and put android on them since that would involve a tremedous amount of work. If anyone is planning on buying Palm and dumping WebOS, the excess Pre stock will either be unloaded to some small carrier elsewhere in the world or dumped into some junkyard in China.
    Quote Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
    One of my agents said that she wasn't going to get a pre because her Radio Shack contact told her that they were discontinuing the Pre and that Sprint was going to be discontinuing the Pre. I checked with a friend of mine in the industry and he confirmed that Sprint is dumping the Pre. (He isa good source and NEVER been wrong!)

He also said that if HTC purchases Palm that they are planing on keeping the Pre, but dumping webos and making it a droid phone.

I guess when you put yourself up for-sale and the only taker is HTC at a much lower price point than what you want, that fixing the wifi, blue-tooth, keyboard, etc issues is the least of your worries.

Is this the beginning of the end for Palm? Or did it end a long time ago and we just couldn't face it. I love this phone, even with the bugs...

Palm, RIP???
    You listen to "sources" way too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I just heard a rumor from a friend of my cousin whose sister works at the company that provides Sprint with their coffee machines: HTC will be buying Palm, putting Windows Mobile on the Pixi, dumping the Pre and webOS, and donating Palm's entire patent portfolio to charity to help foster pet neutering in South Korea.
    I demand a picture of your cousin's sister or it didn't happen....
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Oh now you're just being silly.

You are, Aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    LMAO!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by agny6283 View Post
    lol @ htc dumping webOS but keeping the pre and making it an Adroid device.

LMAO
    Logic would say HTC would buy in order to get WebOS but dump the Pre. Buying the company to dump WebOS would be absurd. That's the only thing Palm has going for it right now.
    One of my agents said that she wasn't going to get a pre because her Radio Shack contact told her that they were discontinuing the Pre and that Sprint was going to be discontinuing the Pre. I checked with a friend of mine in the industry and he confirmed that Sprint is dumping the Pre. (He isa good source and NEVER been wrong!)

He also said that if HTC purchases Palm that they are planing on keeping the Pre, but dumping webos and making it a droid phone.

I guess when you put yourself up for-sale and the only taker is HTC at a much lower price point than what you want, that fixing the wifi, blue-tooth, keyboard, etc issues is the least of your worries.

Is this the beginning of the end for Palm? Or did it end a long time ago and we just couldn't face it. I love this phone, even with the bugs...

Palm, RIP???
    your friend in the "industry" is talking outta a hole other than his mouth. Serously you don't need your GED to realize palm would need to spend alot of $$$ to get a team working on putting android on the pre, not to mention the untold millions they spent developing webos. I'm being serious when I ask this question, does your contact clean the windows of wireless carriers? This thread is moronic and it's obvious they have no clue about the inner workinga of a tech company.

Need proof? Answer why would palm even bother updating the pre to android? If they were done with webos they would just abandon the pre and pixi, no reason to get android working on it. Man, your gullible.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    If you have a 'Source' that "has NEVER been wrong", then why the HELL are you on a message board asking anonymous people, from whom you have no track record of accuracy, for verification????

Mind boggling!
    hahahahahahahaha so true..
    Sprint dumping Palm Pre???

Sprint has first gen Palm with all it's faults. Verizon gets a better model, and sells it at a killer price with free Mi-Fi. Sprint can't possibly sell what they have in stock.

Sprint stops selling Palm. So how is that news???? If they could sell their old stuff under those circumstances they would be the number one carrier in the world. Don't lose any sleep over this. If a hot new Pre2 comes out they will want it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    There are plenty of people on this site that are more then willing to help you troubleshoot it and find the cause but if all you want to do is complain, stick to the complaining section.
    Please notice that I am *NOT* saying that the Pre sucks. I'm simply saying that it has a problem and I think I did an adequate job of documenting that it's not just me and the OP who have experienced it. But you're welcome to disagree.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I would love this to be wrong, check my history, I don't post this stuff usually!

Because they wouldn't be in the loop anymore if they were caught leeking the info.
    hey, looks like you got your wish. Your way wrong!
    my source told me HTC is buying palm and dumping everything but jon rubenstiens pet turtle

I like turtles
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Here she is:

Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Oh now you're just being silly.

You are, Aren't you?
    Wouldn't YOU like to know...
    Anybody see the irony?
    Hi All,

Oh please, if Palm and webOS was in the grave or almost in the grave, why did we add 124 more apps in the past week?

On April 13th we had 3044 apps.
    Today April 21, we have 3170 apps.

That is plus 124 apps, in a week!!!! None of these companies would bother to do so, unless they were sure that webOS and Palm were here to stay!

We will shortly see the results of Palm Developer Days, as Palm has shown that 3 D games, which are rather complex in programing, can be ported in as little as a week. I would think that less complex programs willl port much faster. The result will be a much faster increase of apps in the next few weeks!

Let us not forget that we have tens of thousands of legacy apps as well! Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group