View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 155 of 225 FirstFirst ... 55105145150151152153154155156157158159160165205 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 4493
    Funny what I saw was a guy asking Palm where this is all going.Then a bunch of folks saying that he shouldnt be asking palm there to busy.And by the way preware is like palm pre beta app catalog seeing as how most of the apps there find there way onto the app catalog
    Quote Originally Posted by mclldavidson View Post
    My wife and I are on the Family Unlimited Everything plan and pay 109 a month for two phones
    I was giving the simply everything plan which is the most expensive plan. I have the $129 family plan with 1500 minutes for 2 phones. What plan is only $109 and is it still offered?
  3.    #3083  
    Another general complaint thread and another "I'm leaving" thread have been merged into the general complaint thread...

Again...

If you want Palm to know about your issue, please post in their official Palm User Forum or tell them directly: www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html.

Palm does not read our complaint threads here. This is a waste of your time posting this here.

OK, so carry on...

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 04/21/2010 at 03:42 PM.
    And on top of me saying my goodbyes, my main highlighted point was to inform you guys of a possible potential problem as there were people on here who've had some of the same problems as me. Almost everyone of my posts on this forum have to do with missed calls or late texts.

I've been a Sprint customer for 8 years and some change, meaning that I've gone through a lot of phones. 13 phones to be exact (not including Pre replacements). And I'm able to accurately recall that I've never had anywhere close to the amount of missed calls or late texts that I've experienced with my 7 Pre replacements compared to all the other phones combined. And to curb someone right now...I went through 13 phones because I'm a techno-geek, not because of hardware or software failures.

And on that same token, I've gone through seven (7) Pre's. Seven. Now to some of you who are on number 9, 10, 11, 12...23; that might seem like a reasonable number to you. However I can assure you that to the rest of the world 3 replacements would have been more than enough to sway a user. The fact that some on here are announcing higher numbers is ludicrous. Some may be able to look past, in MY opinion, what are major problems because they love the WebOS interface and that's fine. But for me the entire experience that I've had as been unacceptable according to my terms and standards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And finally, @ deesugar:

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Guess you missed my post about that mistake:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2395964-post46.html
    I probably missed it because it wasn't a formal post of apology directed towards me, but instead an after-thought while fighting with "malpha". So that's what happened there.

I appreciate your efforts to have me question my logic, but I've done my footwork long before you presented those articles. I admit to being a techno-geek, but I am never the impulsive buyer. I am a member of the mainstream and underground Android websites as well, and I've been tracking the pacings of each phone on my carrier as I did for the Palm Pre. And for what I need, the pros are heavily outweighing the cons you brought up. Especially since I'll have the phone for a month and then be switching to the EVO.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the disaster that was "my" 755p and Garnet, Palm seemed to bait me back with the Pre. So maybe when HTC buys them (or a miracle happens and they put as much thought into hardware as they do their beautiful software) I'll be back. I'm not saying goodbye to Palm, I'm saying goodbye to the Pre. WebOS hasn't blinded me to fact that their hardware and electronics are still sub-par.
    Last edited by TheRQTekt; 04/21/2010 at 03:42 PM.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    TehRQTekt,
    You're claim is just that, a claim. Based on one Sprint tech in Ann Arbor, MI. First of all there is no major radio issue known at this point.
    Really? From release day (6/6/2009) sprint has been indicating that there were radio issues. They started giving out free airaves to Pre users until they were giving too many away, and stopped that practice. They claimed that Palm & they were working on a software fix to the radio issue and that it was a known problem.

Sprint and palm may claim to have fixed that problem but I don't think it's been fixed. I'm on my 5th Pre, and I still have signal acquisition problems. I can be w/in 10 feet of my airave and show 2 bars, and stand right next to it and show 3 bars. I will be taking a picture of this phenomenon as soon as our new camera arrives (wife lost the old one at the beach).

I believe that there are people who don't experience the radio problem. But I am very much one of those people who, through all 5 of the Pre's I've owned, has had it. I posted about it here with a *LOT* of agreement:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-flopping.html

But I'm not alone:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-strength.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...h-just-me.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ter-worse.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...servation.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-reports.html

In all of those threads, most people who respond are saying "me too" with a few saying "not me". If you're not having this problem, I am very happy for you. But that doesn't mean it isn't really a problem.

I'm glad that the OP posted this thread. It's good information. Even if the irrepressible f@nb0ys don't approve.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    One of my agents said that she wasn't going to get a pre because her Radio Shack contact told her that they were discontinuing the Pre and that Sprint was going to be discontinuing the Pre. I checked with a friend of mine in the industry and he confirmed that Sprint is dumping the Pre. (He isa good source and NEVER been wrong!)

He also said that if HTC purchases Palm that they are planing on keeping the Pre, but dumping webos and making it a droid phone.

I guess when you put yourself up for-sale and the only taker is HTC at a much lower price point than what you want, that fixing the wifi, blue-tooth, keyboard, etc issues is the least of your worries.

Is this the beginning of the end for Palm? Or did it end a long time ago and we just couldn't face it. I love this phone, even with the bugs...

Palm, RIP???
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    And finally, @ deesugar:
    I probably missed it because it wasn't a formal post of apology directed towards me, but instead an after-thought while fighting with "malpha". So that's what happened there.

I appreciate your efforts to have me question my logic, but I've done my footwork long before you presented those articles. I admit to being a techno-geek, but I am never the impulsive buyer. I am a member of the mainstream and underground Android websites as well, and I've been tracking the pacings of each phone on my carrier as I did for the Palm Pre. And for what I need, the pros are heavily outweighing the cons you brought up. Especially since I'll have the phone for a month and then be switching to the EVO.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheRQTekt,
    You see a lot of us are sick of rants, that's why they have special places to post those. Most people in the section you orginally posted are looking for information, fixes and issues with an intention towards a practical solution for all. You posted your dissatisfaction in the wrong chat area. Your thread was not really about the Pre, it was about your dissatisfaction of the Pre and about another phone you're switching to. Thank God they finally moved this thread to an appropriate place.

I understand some people are afraid of Palm's future and it's leading them to make decisions like yours. Although if you're on your 7th phone I suspect something else is at play. I know I wouldn't keep taking my phone back to the same Sprint Tech, if he can't get me one good phone. That's why I only deal with Palm Support who are much more knowledgeable and will ensure you get the right support.

Most people don't have the problems you do but no matter what phone you go with you will have another set of problems to work with and given your history it's likely you won't ever be happy with a smart phone.

I'm done with this rant fest.

Good luck in your future.
    Another one of these useless "he said that she said that he said" posts.
    Why are these so-called "well informed people" never on these forums?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I would love this to be wrong, check my history, I don't post this stuff usually!

Because they wouldn't be in the loop anymore if they were caught leeking the info.
    Well, the rumor is that Sprint is dumping the Pre for the Pre+
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    If you have a 'Source' that "has NEVER been wrong", then why the HELL are you on a message board asking anonymous people, from whom you have no track record of accuracy, for verification????

Mind boggling!
    lol @ htc dumping webOS but keeping the pre and making it an Adroid device.

LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by agny6283 View Post

LMAO
    LOL, I didn't even notice that. Yea, not a chance in hell HTC is going to keep the Pre hardware.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by agny6283 View Post

LMAO
    That's exactly what I thought when I read that...
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Well, the rumor is that Sprint is dumping the Pre for the Pre+
    Exactly. If not for the next device, C40 or other Palm device. These smart phones have a life of 1 year usually, before a new version is released. Obviously, the life of the original Pre is coming to an end, so it would make sense for Sprint to "dump" the original Pre for the next device.

As far as HTC putting Android on the Pre, yeah I'll believe it when I see it. Which in my opinion is never.
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Really? From release day (6/6/2009) sprint has been indicating that there were radio issues. They started giving out free airaves to Pre users until they were giving too many away, and stopped that practice. They claimed that Palm & they were working on a software fix to the radio issue and that it was a known problem.

Sprint and palm may claim to have fixed that problem but I don't think it's been fixed. I'm on my 5th Pre, and I still have signal acquisition problems. I can be w/in 10 feet of my airave and show 2 bars, and stand right next to it and show 3 bars. I will be taking a picture of this phenomenon as soon as our new camera arrives (wife lost the old one at the beach).

I believe that there are people who don't experience the radio problem. But I am very much one of those people who, through all 5 of the Pre's I've owned, has had it. I posted about it here with a *LOT* of agreement:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-flopping.html

But I'm not alone:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-strength.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...h-just-me.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ter-worse.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...servation.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-reports.html

In all of those threads, most people who respond are saying "me too" with a few saying "not me". If you're not having this problem, I am very happy for you. But that doesn't mean it isn't really a problem.

I'm glad that the OP posted this thread. It's good information. Even if the irrepressible f@nb0ys don't approve.
    You're funny ,
    Those are all from a year ago and nobody has those problems anymore. You and the OP have a different kind of problem that is specific to a small fraction of users. Might be due to interference or something else but it's definitely specific to you.

There are plenty of people on this site that are more then willing to help you troubleshoot it and find the cause but if all you want to do is complain, stick to the complaining section.

Good luck to you too.
    The Plus are being released in Germany and France next week. I wouldn't worry about the short term future.
    This is quiet foolish...Who would want to buy palm for the pre hardware and dump webos. Especially a hardware company like HTC. If anything it would be the other way around by them dumping the pre and putting webos on some of there hardware.
    this forum attracts some real winners