View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 153 of 225 FirstFirst ... 53103143148149150151152153154155156157158163203 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    Haha I appreciate your research and also I highly appreciate you discussing this issue with me rather than negatively shooting back at me ill-informed. Had to get that outta the way first.
    TehRQTekt,
    Hate to break it to you but there wasn't much research, I didn't even do a search. I only spent a minute looking at the first couple pages to find those complaints.

What exactly is negative about that post and please explain how I'm ill-informed??? I didn't make those comments, those are from Moment users who are having problems. That is no more negative and ill-informed then your claim that there is a rash of radio malfunctions on the Pre.

You're claim is just that, a claim. Based on one Sprint tech in Ann Arbor, MI. First of all there is no major radio issue known at this point. And many things can cause those issues. A Sprint tech is no more knowledgeable about electronics then a McDonalds fry cook. If I was to listen to the Sprint techs I would have hard erased my phone every time I had a easily solvable issue. So my problem is you're dumbing down this site with you're one ad hoc encounter.

Most of these problems have an easy fix and that's one of the reasons for this site. This is a forum for Pre enthusiasts who like to share experiences but if you want to rant about problems and change phones that's fine but we're miffed as to why you feel a need to post it on this site? It makes you look like either a troll, a mental midget blissfully unaware or someone with brain damage that did too many drugs. I personally think you're not a troll but just a socially immature person.

I say these things because a forum is like a club, let's take for instance that you're a Detroit Tiger's fan since you're in MI. You're sitting in the stands watching a game with all the Detroit Tiger fans kinda like Precentral is a gathering place for people excited about the Pre. But sitting next to you is a guy wearing a Detroit Tigers shirt (he's a member) shouting out how horrible the Detroit Tigers are. He yells about how he's talked to other people how horrible the Detroit Tigers are and he plans on switching teams next week. What do you think the crowds reaction is going to be?

In a stadium only the immediate people around you can hear what you're saying but on a forum anywhere from a hundred to a thousand people are going to hear you. So if you wonder why you're getting some negative comments look no further then you're self.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    the thread is titled 'general pre complaints' if you're going to get offended by reading complaints i dare say you shold have known better than to read this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    You're sitting in the stands watching a game with all the Detroit Tiger fans kinda like Precentral is a gathering place for people excited about the Pre.
    But is precentral a place for people excited about the Pre? It's where I come to find solutions for the Pre and possibly help others who have problems or questions about the Pre. Granted if someone has a rant to post, it'd probably be better posted at the Palm support, but often times I think people are simply looking for someone who shares their frustration with their product and Precentral is a great place to find it. I wouldn't claim Precentral to be for palm/pre enthusiasts, I'd say it's for people who own a Pre, regardless of how they feel about the phone. Just like how Derek and the others should be posting all news surrounding the Pre and Palm, instead of just the ones that you think won't turn away potential customers or leave you all depressed about the REALITY of Palm's situation.
    I was shocked. I sent the email out yesterday and now they called me today to discuss my e-mail and answer my questions. I have to say, while probably not really having my e-mail read by JR himself, I still think this is great customer service on behalf of Palm. This is what I had written to JR just so you know. I haven't called them back, but I will let you know what they say:

Hi. I am a Palm Pre User for Verizon. I am going to be frank as I am getting a little frustrated with Verizon and lack of knowing where we are heading. We spent a lot of money on our phones. And though we understand that things take time to develop, we really want to just know that significant progress is being made and that we have not a general estimate, but an actual month of release. In short I am not going to rant, but we have a right to know that the phone we bought is not just old school already. I am just going to ask the following questions and hope that you will answer them:

1) When the heck are we going to get our next os update from Verizon?
    2) Are we ever going to get Voice activated dialing and when?
    3) Are we going to get an update to the Calendar to support multiple colors in month view and if so when?
    4) Are we going to get Category support for our contacts? When?
    5) Are we going to get an API for the mic released soon?
    6) Are we going to get any of the following soon (Within the next couple of months maybe): Shazaam, Skype, Docs to Go, Flash?

Sorry for being frustrated, but my wife's contract and mine are going to expire soon. And we desperately want to stick with Palm WebOS, but we need to be sure that certain NEEDED updates will be coming and that Palm will still update the OS so it is constantly improving. Thanks for your time.

------------

I know, a little harsh. But I was actually angrier with Verizon more than anything. But I just want to make sure that Palm is not giving up due to this talk of selling the company and all.
    Keep us posted on any answers they might happen to provide when you do speak with them.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Okaaaaaaaay....what were the answers they gave you in the phone call? OH I see, they left a message. Sorry!
    If i were Palm i would have called you back just so i could hang up on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    But is precentral a place for people excited about the Pre? It's where I come to find solutions for the Pre and possibly help others who have problems or questions about the Pre. Granted if someone has a rant to post, it'd probably be better posted at the Palm support, but often times I think people are simply looking for someone who shares their frustration with their product and Precentral is a great place to find it. I wouldn't claim Precentral to be for palm/pre enthusiasts, I'd say it's for people who own a Pre, regardless of how they feel about the phone. Just like how Derek and the others should be posting all news surrounding the Pre and Palm, instead of just the ones that you think won't turn away potential customers or leave you all depressed about the REALITY of Palm's situation.
    Two problems with your post:

1. Talk about changing phones all you want but do it in the right place i.e:
    Cross-Platform Chat
    Palm Devices (Pre, Pixi, Treo, etc) vs. iPhone. Windows Mobile vs. BlackBerry. This is the place for "What should I get" and "My smartphone can beat up your smartphone." Formerly the Smartphone Round Robin Forum.

2. News is one thing opinion is another. And in a similar vane frustration is one thing ranting is another. While it's a free country and you can rant all you want tell me what good it brings to this forum?
    Frustration- "Related to anger and disappointment, it arises from the perceived resistance to the fulfillment of individual will."
    Rant- "To utter in a bombastic declamatory fashion"
    I just wanted to build up excitement. I am hoping to get an answer to all of those questions and report back here. If you have some simple reasonable question you would want me to ask them, just post here. If I have time tonight when I call, I will ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by jay12345 View Post
    If i were Palm i would have called you back just so i could hang up on you...
    I think I am entitled to some answers being that my phone bill is $300 a month because both my wife and I have Pre's and use every feature we can find on verizon with it.

Not to mention that I also own stock in the company. So I think its reasonable for me to ask what I did.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    What email address did you use for contacting Jon? I have some things I'd like to share with him & Palm as well.
    You first problem is a moot point. You complained he was complaining on these forums, not that he was complaining in the WRONG section of the forum. And secondly, no one's obligated to bring good to this forum. If you don't like what someone's saying, tell them so, but it's stupid to tell them that they just shouldn't post. He has 146 posts, it's not like he started a new account just to write his final farewell to the Pre. If someone here spends a lot of time here and with the phone and just finally has to tell people who he's interacted with why he's leaving the phone, there's nothing wrong with that. Not all of us treat a phone like a football team, some of us are just CUSTOMERS. And for the record, I love my Pre and I'm in no hurry to get rid of it, but I'm not emotionally attached to the point of lunacy either.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    For categories, use the company field in contacts and just type... Typing is the fastest way to get to a contact anyway.
    lets us know what they say. I'm pretty interested also. Those were great questions and I don't think Palm would see anything negative about what you said. It's good to know that Palm feels that even one unhappy customer is important and would want to keep them. I've always have had good experiences with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiperla View Post
    I think I am entitled to some answers being that my phone bill is $300 a month because both my wife and I have Pre's and use every feature we can find on verizon with it.

Not to mention that I also own stock in the company. So I think its reasonable for me to ask what I did.
    There's your biggest problem. Move over to Sprint and you can save yourself $101 a month if you get the everything plans for each of your phones at $99 each.
    Some of the stuff you mention is not up to Palm. Flash...that's Adobe's product not Palm's.

you are not entitled to anything at all, palm does not have to call you for whatever reason just cause your bill is $300 with verizon. that is something with verizon, they need to ensure that your $300 bucks are meant to be used for wat it is, ie navigation, web surfing, tv etc. seriously if that were the case then i am entitled to some answer from MS why windows 7 glitchy, to Panasonic why my tv does not have a specific feature this other tv has, all because i pay my cable/satellite provider and ISP to use my windows 7 comp, and none tuned up tv.

all you get is a thank you for buying our products from any company and sorry to hear your issues and we will fix it. you are not entitled to nothing at all, maybe cause you have stocks but unless you pointed that out in the email then there is nothing. but if you flashed the i own stock card on them then that is why they called you.
    1) When the heck are we going to get our next os update from Verizon?
    Damn you Palm and Verizon! It's been what, two weeks since the update to 1.4.1.1? WHAT ARE YOU DOING TWEEDLING YOUR THUMBS PALM, GET ON IT! You dropped the ball so hard there!
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    You first problem is a moot point. You complained he was complaining on these forums, not that he was complaining in the WRONG section of the forum. And secondly, no one's obligated to bring good to this forum. If you don't like what someone's saying, tell them so, but it's stupid to tell them that they just shouldn't post. He has 146 posts, it's not like he started a new account just to write his final farewell to the Pre. If someone here spends a lot of time here and with the phone and just finally has to tell people who he's interacted with why he's leaving the phone, there's nothing wrong with that. Not all of us treat a phone like a football team, some of us are just CUSTOMERS. And for the record, I love my Pre and I'm in no hurry to get rid of it, but I'm not emotionally attached to the point of lunacy either.
    You're confusing a conversation I'm having with TheRQTekt to a slightly different conversation I'm having with you. I directly challenged his assertion about radio issues and attempted to clarify the "negativity" but misread his quote to mean I was being "negative and ill-informed". It was late and like I said, I misread it. I still like my analogy though and it applies to other people on this thread and others like it.

The conversation I'm having with you is different because you're arguing with me who and what Precentral is for. So no, my original points are still valid in response to you.
    hey op good luck with the samsung moment... you will need it... it suffers from many problems, and it is nowhere close to the phone that the palm pre is ... see ya