View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 152 of 225 FirstFirst ... 52102142147148149150151152153154155156157162202 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    I didn't say anything about smashing it. Another guy did. I'm still sane. Thanks.
    Ah, my mistake. I thought it was you lol. Cheers to your sanity
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    ok, i am dumber now that i read this
    Not on Verizon. Not getting the Droid. I said getting an Android device. I'm safe.
    Not sure why you think you're "safe" since the Droid is an AnDROID device. I was trying to show you since the Droid and Pre both came out at the same time that the grass is not always greener (only took me a sec to come up with that complaint). I could easily find a similar complaints with any of the Android devices. If you're on Sprint I guess you will be stuck with no physical keyboard, enjoy that bit of fun.
    You're a freaking ******
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I just got a refurb today after 10 months.. The phone was falling apart and even the sprint employee said that after about 6 months they all seem to get Oreo and make these creeky sounds like walking on old stairs.
    Not on Verizon. Not getting the Droid. I said getting an Android device. I'm safe.
    So you had to post to let us know you are going to get a different device? Well good for you. Do you all want us to stand up and cheer and say what a bright little lad you are? Please just go and join your android forum now. Good bye. Adios. Don't let the door hit you.
    The funniest part of your post is that your ripping verizon, and yet you are sticking with a company that sold you that phone. You complained about how bad it is, yet you trust the company that was willing to sell you your turd. I'm sure they took as much time evaluating your new phone, as they did with your pre. What a maroon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiako View Post
    I just got a refurb today after 10 months.. The phone was falling apart and even the sprint employee said that after about 6 months they all seem to get Oreo and make these creeky sounds like walking on old stairs.
    They "all" get Oreo after six months. All of them? Wow, he really said that? Guess what? He was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
    The funniest part of your post is that your ripping verizon, and yet you are sticking with a company that sold you that phone. You complained about how bad it is, yet you trust the company that was willing to sell you your turd. I'm sure they took as much time evaluating your new phone, as they did with your pre. What a maroon.
    Haha where are you getting your facts from, guy? No where in that post did I rip on Verizon. I was responding to someone who said there were a million plus problems with the "Droid", and I merely said that since I'm not getting the "Droid" that I'll be safe then.

And I've had Sprint for 8 years and never had a problem until this phone. Why would I drop a carrier because of what a phone is doing? And I'm the moron? Screw you and your logic, buddy lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Not sure why you think you're "safe" since the Droid is an AnDROID device. I was trying to show you since the Droid and Pre both came out at the same time that the grass is not always greener (only took me a sec to come up with that complaint). I could easily find a similar complaints with any of the Android devices. If you're on Sprint I guess you will be stuck with no physical keyboard, enjoy that bit of fun.
    You know what, that holds true to almost every phone launching these days. But I do know that I took a poll on the Android forum and the phone I'm getting hasn't been found to have any phone radio malfunctions. Made me happy enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm glad I'm not as obsessed with cellphones as this guy is... Quite entertaining though
    as long as i make you laugh
    You know what, that holds true to almost every phone launching these days. But I do know that I took a poll on the Android forum and the phone I'm getting hasn't been found to have any phone radio malfunctions. Made me happy enough.
    Well I guess a poll on radio malfunctions covers it all but why so secretive on which phone you're getting?
    Well I guess a poll on radio malfunctions covers it all but why so secretive on which phone you're getting?
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to be. I'm getting the Samsung Moment. Out of the two Android phones available right now from Sprint, everyone informed me that it was the best choice in terms of functionality and features. Doesn't have Sense, but I'm not too concerned with that as I'll be getting the HTC EVO as soon as it drops.
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to be. I'm getting the Samsung Moment. Out of the two Android phones available right now from Sprint, everyone informed me that it was the best choice in terms of functionality and features. Doesn't have Sense, but I'm not too concerned with that as I'll be getting the HTC EVO as soon as it drops.
    Android forums complains about Moment over similar issues that the Pre experienced:

Moment Battery Life Problems User Comments: "Maybe this is why they call it the Moment.... it only last for a Moment or two..."
    "I've Heard Bad Things About The Moment"
    Moment Terrible GPS Reception User Comments: "I'm also having issues with the GPS. Only it's not finding me at all...."
    Moment Phone Radio Issues User Comments: "I notice sometimes sitting still it will go from full signal to 0 signal, from EVDO to 1x, to no data."
    Android forums complains about Moment over similar issues that the Pre experienced:

Moment Battery Life Problems User Comments: "Maybe this is why they call it the Moment.... it only last for a Moment or two..."
    "I've Heard Bad Things About The Moment"
    Moment Terrible GPS Reception User Comments: "I'm also having issues with the GPS. Only it's not finding me at all...."
    Moment Phone Radio Issues User Comments: "I notice sometimes sitting still it will go from full signal to 0 signal, from EVDO to 1x, to no data."
    Haha I appreciate your research and also I highly appreciate you discussing this issue with me rather than negatively shooting back at me ill-informed. Had to get that outta the way first.

As far as the radio problems are concerned, I was talking to the Sprint tech who tested my phone about the radio test. He said a lot of Pre's seem to be failing it. I then asked about the Hero and Moment and he informed me that he's only had one fail the test. So as long as I get the calls made to me, that signal icon can say anything it wants to. Better then having the EV signal icon present all day, yet missing almost every call coming in.

And addressing the battery life...with it having a stock 800MHz CPU and all of the widgets and data I'll be running, it can't be any worse than the Pre. With smartphones these days I always expect to do a slight mid-day recharge with them.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I love WebOS. The phone itself i dont really super care much about. I mean its nice... but the Evo is sexy.

I dont like android though. I love WebOS. I donno what I will be doing when Evo comes out... 8mp camera with focus... Snapdragon processor. Those two things i care about hardware wise. But WebOS with the multasking.. and now the 800mhz patch is the best software ive ever had the pleasure of using... Front facing camera on the Evo! Gah.... Fring also on the Evo with a front facing camera! Will make video chatting with my girl friend a lot more mobile lol.

My basic want is more "modern" hardware. Europeans have been getting front facing cameras since the Samsung Blackjack! and its just now come to the US and i really want one!

Question for the super programmers on this forum:
    Is it possible to install webOS on any other device? Although im sure its gonna be tough making all the other devices hardware work with webOS, is it possible? Like installed macOS on a PC.

I really want the Evo device with a webOS OS
    OP: Thank you for the thread. As someone else posted, I can sit in one place and watch the signal go from 5 bars to 0 bars and bounce all around in a matter of seconds. And the performance of the device follows the signal strength. It's completely infuriating. I've even had it report 2 bars reception standing next to an airave. I tried to take a picture of it but couldn't get the focus right.

Anyway, it's nice to know that it's not just me that's seeing this. I don't plan on returning my phone, but I do plan on getting something new ASAP. I'd love for it to be a Pre2, but if not, then probably Evo.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    What has palm done to you that makes you stick around, kick that pre to the curb already and move on with your life. The hate for the pre on these forums are tiring, like people are trying to convert us, that are happy with our pre's and have no extreme problems. Why try and make already happy preple feel your anger?.....why man,why?
    I'm not trying to tell anyone to be happy or sad. Feel whatever you want about your phone.

As for why I don't feel any hinderance in complaining, it's because this is a forum. Some people cheer. Some complain. Some (like me) do both when it's appropriate. The purpose is to determine if I'm experiencing something unique or if others are also experiencing it.

Welcome to the forums. Good luck on your quixotic attempt to get people to stop complaining.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I'm not trying to tell anyone to be happy or sad. Feel whatever you want about your phone.

As for why I don't feel any hinderance in complaining, it's because this is a forum. Some people cheer. Some complain. Some (like me) do both when it's appropriate. The purpose is to determine if I'm experiencing something unique or if others are also experiencing it.

Welcome to the forums. Good luck on your quixotic attempt to get people to stop complaining.
    I'm not trying to get people to stop complaining, it's just the "hate thing" for the pre, at pre-central? All the haters come here just to stir up dust, as it would seem to me. Info is one thing, but spreading hate at the same time just makes you look "wetodded",as it's obvious the op is angry at pre,palm, and whoever else. I hope the op and the rest of the "pre haters" feel better after that pre is gone and I hope he/they move on to bashing something else at another user fan based site.
    Last edited by bdog421; 04/21/2010 at 06:44 AM.