View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 151 of 225 FirstFirst ... 51101141146147148149150151152153154155156161201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 4493
    Finally did it. Couldn't take it anymore and through Sprints Multi-Replacement program I opted for an Android device. It's coming in on Thursday, paid nothing, and still eligible to upgrade when the Evo 4G comes out (which I will be getting).

What I found extremely funny was that as I walked into the Sprint Store, nearly everyone there was trying to replace/exchange their Pre's for another phone. 8 people (including me...9) had to have a diagnostic scan done before they would ok a comparable device and do you know they found on all of our devices?

The phone radios were malfunctioning and did NOT pass standardized tests.

That was on ALL of our Pre's lol. This is humorous because people were ready to digitally fight me on this forum for blaming the Pre for my missed calls and EXTRA late texts, claiming that it was instead Sprint's service. Wow, sorry to drop that bomb for those that think Palm can do no wrong.

WebOS is extremely elegant, beautiful, responsive. However the Palm Pre hardware and electronics are Total Crap. And not normal crap, but the crap you mistakenly step in while out for the day in your new shoes and you don't wanna take off the shoes because they are hot; so you try to live with it for the day while trying to find every surface in the world to rub that crap off on.
    The moral of this story: When it comes to a cellular device; the basic and most used forms of communication, the phone and text messaging, should NOT be compromised for the sake of anything else. Period.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    This Problem May Apply to You...
    Or not.
    Problem definitely applies to be. None of my Sprint repair stores has the scan, unfortunately, but the phone radio on the Pre is FUBAR. I love watching it go from 5 bars to zero to roaming to five bars with the actual reception being about one bar roaming..all without me ever leaving my seat.
    um..... bye?
    Anything else you want us to say?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    i will replace this piece of crap palm made as soon as the evo comes out. I will make a video of me smashing it to pieces and post it here. This is total garbage hardware....
    I'm glad I'm not as obsessed with cellphones as this guy is... Quite entertaining though
    What is the point of the story? If you don't like the phone or it doesn't work for you move on to the phone that does. I haven't had problems with texts or calls, but if I did have that problem I would have switched phones No big deal.

It's one thing to share information. It's a whole different thing to bash for no purpose other than to make yourself feel better.

Go to DroidCentral and find out how different things really are:

I love my Droid, but...
    Okay, I really do love it. And I'm not just whinging, I would like to hear if others have similar problems or fixes. I've tried various things to no avail.

Anyway... I love my Droid, but (no particular order):

1) The camera sucks. I think it could be good, but most shots, especially indoors, are incredibly blurry. I thought the 2.0.1 update was meant to fix a lot of the problems.

2) It crashes. Not regularly, but more than my Curve 8330 did. In particular, the browser can get itself in a fix. I think maybe it has something to do with my wifi, but not sure.

3) The integrated Google Talk app BLOWS CHUNKS. It would be awesomely amazing, but is entirely unreliable and constantly signs me out (occassonally deciding to randomly sign me in).

4) Calendar is kinda clunky.

5) Gmail app is actually great. My only gripe is that once in a blue moon, it manages to delete a thread by itself.

6) This is a BIG one: my Droid likes to SYNC ITSELF TO DEATH!!! It will kill the battery overnight, from 100% to dead, which makes the alarm function useless. Almost more irritating, it appears to be a random occurance, although has happened more frequently of late. I've tried myriad cures. No luck. (It's doing this right now, as I type.)

7) Wifi will cut out, making me wait about two minutes or so before I can use data again. (Happens every 30 or so minutes of browsing, so not a big problem.)

8) Gets pretty darn hot...

To rebuff people that think I might be hating (I'm not, I love it!), here is why the Droid is great:

1) Screen!!

2) Optional physical keyboard.

3) Looks awesome.

4) Great integration with my Google accounts.

5) Solid battery life (when not syncing itself to death).

6) Awesome call quality.

7) Google Navigation!

8) Good loud speaker/speaker phone.

9) Google Voice integration is sweet.

10) Multitasking and tabbed browsing.

11) Etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    What is the point of the story? If you don't like the phone or it doesn't work for you move on to the phone that does. I haven't had problems with texts or calls, but if I did have that problem I would have switched phones No big deal.

It's one thing to share information. It's a whole different thing to bash for no purpose other than to make yourself feel better.

If you don't see a point in this thread, then why post.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRQTekt View Post
    Finally did it. Couldn't take it anymore and through Sprints Multi-Replacement program I opted for an Android device. It's coming in on Thursday, paid nothing, and still eligible to upgrade when the Evo 4G comes out (which I will be getting).

What I found extremely funny was that as I walked into the Sprint Store, nearly everyone there was trying to replace/exchange their Pre's for another phone. 8 people (including me...9) had to have a diagnostic scan done before they would ok a comparable device and do you know they found on all of our devices?

The phone radios were malfunctioning and did NOT pass standardized tests.

That was on ALL of our Pre's lol. This is humorous because people were ready to digitally fight me on this forum for blaming the Pre for my missed calls and EXTRA late texts, claiming that it was instead Sprint's service. Wow, sorry to drop that bomb for those that think Palm can do no wrong.

The moral of this story: When it comes to a cellular device; the basic and most used forms of communication, the phone and text messaging, should NOT be compromised for the sake of anything else. Period.
    I'M CRYING.... BYE! hope you find happiness. I'm happy with my pre,and honestly i wish you luck.
    It's ok to complain about things you don't like about the Pre. But saying you are going to smash this "piece of crap" and videotape it so we all can see is a bit crazy. OP is damaged.
    I guess we can pin this soon video next to the guy who dropped his pre in a glass of beer, only cause his boss said he would give him an iphone if he does lol....

To the OP, best of luck with your new device, but you may suffer from withdraw like other members felt when they had gone from pre to Android....
    THI IS FOR TheRQTekt DONT BE SURPRISE IF YOUR ANDRIOD GIVE YOU MORE HEAD ACHES REMEMBER THESE ARE ALL NEW OS SO I WISH LUCK I STAY WITH MY PRE I HAVE IT FROM LAUNCH AND HAD NO MAJOR PROBLEMS SO SEE YEA
    dont let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya

oh, and that story about all them pres being returned at the same time.. im calling bull sh--
    i will replace this piece of crap palm made as soon as the evo comes out. I will make a video of me smashing it to pieces and post it here. This is total garbage hardware....
    Interesting avatar there. So, do that mean you dress up as a phone and ... ?
    Why is it the people who have problems always have problems on like 3, 4, 5 phones?
    Maybe they came in bad batches or that store likes to toss boxes around when they are bored.
    Please provide us with your screen name for the Android boards so we can follow your video's smashing up your EVO when you run into a problem
    Another thread destined for "General Complaints".

Vaya con dios OP
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    It's ok to complain about things you don't like about the Pre. But saying you are going to smash this "piece of crap" and videotape it so we all can see is a bit crazy. OP is damaged.
    I didn't say anything about smashing it. Another guy did. I'm still sane. Thanks.
    As much as I'm ready to leave, I don't think I'm crazy enough to smash it. You have to be rich. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Go to DroidCentral and find out how different things really are:

I love my Droid, but...
    Not on Verizon. Not getting the Droid. I said getting an Android device. I'm safe.