View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 145 of 225 FirstFirst ... 4595135140141142143144145146147148149150155195 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 4493
    Why is it so hard to make a non-****ty battery for this phone... ??
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    Install JSTop, swipe over the extra phone/camera threads running around that are lagging, delete. then run your game.

JSTOP JSTOP JSTOP. i cant say it enough. I never had to reboot my phone to play a game. If i get too many cards, i launch JStop and clear my memory and then go at it again..

One time though i was so bogged that JStop itself would not open. That required a reboot. Other than that, i dont see too many cards as an issue.

Reboot phone daily
    Run JStop when needed
    This is wonderful, I have heard of the app but didn't understand exactly what it did... I came from a Curve 8330 where I was able to clear the junk out easily, so thanks so much for the info. Also, just found out something sad, I got 2 broken Pre's when I purchased them at Radioshack, brand NIB... turned out that they received a bad batch in my region, now they are discontinuing the Palm Pre at Radioshack. I just wish this wasn't the case, I will not switch to another phone... refuse in fact... and I don't think the hardware feels rickety at all. Except the refurb that I received from a Sprint repair center that had bad oreo and broken power button that kept the phone asleep. It's frustrating but I think they will be just fine. Anyway, sorry for the sidetrack... adult add... but thanks again for the info and downloading JStop now.
    First Alltel "smartphone" HTC Touch (4 devices); then HTC Diamond (1 device); then Blackberry Pearl 8130 (1 device; the Blackberry Curve 8330 (6 devices due to becoming Verizon customer ); then.... Finally the wondrous and amazing Palm Pre and I will never go back!
    Jstop isn't a magical salve that eliminates memory issues with the Sprint Pre. I downloaded Gameloft's Castle of Magic because it was $.99, and while I was out with my son yesterday I gave him the phone to play with as we were waiting for our food, and we got the "Too Many Cards" error. I ran Jstop garbage collector. Same error. Closed all cards. Waited. Ran it again.

Tried to start Castle of Magic. Same thing.

Had to restart. The Sprint Pre is underspec'd for where WebOS is right now.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    ...have no clue what Sense adds to the mix and just quickly dismiss it because it's not webOS.
    I've seen enough of Sense on Android to know that I would be miserable with it. And so, I dismiss it because it's not webOS. I wish I could love it. The Evo looks amazing. But I'm ruined for webOS. Funny thing is, I really don't care if everyone else feels the same way I do. If you dig Android, great! I'm hangin' with webOS for the long haul. Here's to hoping we get some cutting edge hardware in the not so distant future.
    I have been holding off saying anything negative about my Palm Pre, but Iím done with this phone. I was one of the first to get this phone when it came out and boy I have never regretted anything in my life as much as this phone. This is my third pal pre I donít have insurance on it but Sprint for whatever reason gave me a new ones every time my ear phone jack acted up. Yes Yes I know how to fix the problem myself but why should I everyone had the same problem screw that , Iím done and itís not just that the OS sucks big time and donít let me get started on the apps. Iíve seen some of the most useless apps in my life and they have the nerve to want money for them. Iím done and I really think Palm is done in the future they will not win the war against android believe me. Palm how could you not give me an on screen key board not all of us have tiny finger I should have to get some hack job of a keyboard. Yes the palm pre has some good points but the bad out way the good. I have been with Sprint forever, I buy the newest phone that I like when they come out this phone is not worth the plastic itís made from. I could go on and on but guess what IM DONE. Palm you have made so many mistake with this phone from the obsolete advertisements (Verizon) to the un- stable OS. I really didnít want to do this but after my palm that is only 3 month old went haywire today I had to vent. Palm I hate and I do mean HATE the Palm Pre.
    buh-bye
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

palm pre hates you
    Interesting how you stated you have had the Pre since the first week. And yet you now come to this forum on this date to make your first post at Precentral. "The OS sucks" you said. Did you really ever own one?
    I vote Troll
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck, it's usally a duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by fil327 View Post
    I have been holding off saying anything negative about my Palm Pre, but Iím done with this phone. I was one of the first to get this phone when it came out and boy I have never regretted anything in my life as much as this phone. This is my third pal pre I donít have insurance on it but Sprint for whatever reason gave me a new ones every time my ear phone jack acted up. Yes Yes I know how to fix the problem myself but why should I everyone had the same problem screw that , Iím done and itís not just that the OS sucks big time and donít let me get started on the apps. Iíve seen some of the most useless apps in my life and they have the nerve to want money for them. Iím done and I really think Palm is done in the future they will not win the war against android believe me. Palm how could you not give me an on screen key board not all of us have tiny finger I should have to get some hack job of a keyboard. Yes the palm pre has some good points but the bad out way the good. I have been with Sprint forever, I buy the newest phone that I like when they come out this phone is not worth the plastic itís made from. I could go on and on but guess what IM DONE. Palm you have made so many mistake with this phone from the obsolete advertisements (Verizon) to the un- stable OS. I really didnít want to do this but after my palm that is only 3 month old went haywire today I had to vent. Palm I hate and I do mean HATE the Palm Pre.
    who cares
    don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya!
    hahahaha. I love reading rants like these. They're fun. I agree with him totally but I love my pre. It's a love hate relationship you learn to live with it.
    but the one thing that is sooooooo true that I can't stand ARE the useless apps that devs make and expect ppl to give them money for. Cmon on, cuz in the android market and app store they're FREE. Half the app catalog is flooded with stuff like that. Not hating on the app but the reason that they would actually charge for them. LOL DUMB MOVE PPL!
    We've been holding off saying this but, So long!!!!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    your grammar and spelling really discredit your statement.......just saying
    Sticking with webOS for the forseeable future....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    so would lemming, zealot or kool aid drinker be a better choice? maybe if the term didn't incite certain people or create a certain reaction it wouldn't have needed to be censored? Was just making a statement. How silly of anyone to think webOS is anything but pristine, bug free, blazing fast and running on the best hardware ever manufactured. God forbid anything negative ever be said about webOS or the hardware and any sort of rationale be maintained in the thread. It's actually nice to be able to compare and contrast in a rational way without it turning bitter. That just happens to be a rare thing when one brings up their issues and mentions the competition. Yet those people are the ones "playing nice" even if they blatantly resemple the censored term created for Apple owners so long ago and drag many threads downhill?

That being said, my Pixi is retired to a dormant second line, and I'm back with my Moment running a custom ROM that makes it pretty speedy. Played with a leaked version of 2.1 and it was looking a bit more polished than the patched up 1.5. Not quite as elegant as webOS, but still some added functionality that I missed when I switched over. Nice to keep the Pixi active though so it can be kept current and see how webOS continues to progress to possibly switch back or just migrate if a 2nd gen phone is tempting.

I miss wifi (used it more than I thought with a few places I frequent having a crappy signal), I still get TMC errors when sometimes only one or two cards are open and odd slow downs or unresponsive button presses. If it's caused by certain patches, preware or what not, then oh well because I probably wouldn't be using the phone in the first place because the patches are what make the phone usable be it convenience features or somewhat major functionality. There's a lot to like and a few things that are simpler to do compared to Android, but an optimized 1.5 has been less buggy and has more zip than 1.4.1.1 or whatever the last decimals are now. Maybe 1.5 will bring a switch back or maybe I'll get annoyed with carrying the Moment around as it is a little on the bulky side comparatively speaking. Who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Maybe it's time to grow up, and realize that when you own the web site, you get to call it what you want. You also get to make the rules, including decidiing what words are acceptable. Is it to far above your emotional capbilities to comply? Is your need to "express yourself" so obsessive that you are inable to "play nice" in someone else's house?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    so would lemming, zealot or kool aid drinker be a better choice? maybe if the term didn't incite certain people or create a certain reaction it wouldn't have needed to be censored? Was just making a statement. How silly of anyone to think webOS is anything but pristine, bug free, blazing fast and running on the best hardware ever manufactured. God forbid anything negative ever be said about webOS or the hardware and any sort of rationale be maintained in the thread. ...
    Uhhuh. Yep, that's what I said. It's right there ... um... well... OK, maybe not. I can understand how you might think that's what was said, but it wasn't.

You did; however, entirely miss the "grow up" part.
    I didn't miss it. I just chose to ignore it. Have a touch of the Peter Pan syndrome that's been going around lately. I know the 15th approaches, but have some fun, will ya? Always so serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You did; however, entirely miss the "grow up" part.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    so would lemming, zealot or kool aid drinker be a better choice? maybe if the term didn't incite certain people or create a certain reaction it wouldn't have needed to be censored? Was just making a statement. How silly of anyone to think webOS is anything but pristine, bug free, blazing fast and running on the best hardware ever manufactured. God forbid anything negative ever be said about webOS or the hardware and any sort of rationale be maintained in the thread. It's actually nice to be able to compare and contrast in a rational way without it turning bitter. That just happens to be a rare thing when one brings up their issues and mentions the competition. Yet those people are the ones "playing nice" even if they blatantly resemple the censored term created for Apple owners so long ago and drag many threads downhill?

That being said, my Pixi is retired to a dormant second line, and I'm back with my Moment running a custom ROM that makes it pretty speedy. Played with a leaked version of 2.1 and it was looking a bit more polished than the patched up 1.5. Not quite as elegant as webOS, but still some added functionality that I missed when I switched over. Nice to keep the Pixi active though so it can be kept current and see how webOS continues to progress to possibly switch back or just migrate if a 2nd gen phone is tempting.

I miss wifi (used it more than I thought with a few places I frequent having a crappy signal), I still get TMC errors when sometimes only one or two cards are open and odd slow downs or unresponsive button presses. If it's caused by certain patches, preware or what not, then oh well because I probably wouldn't be using the phone in the first place because the patches are what make the phone usable be it convenience features or somewhat major functionality. There's a lot to like and a few things that are simpler to do compared to Android, but an optimized 1.5 has been less buggy and has more zip than 1.4.1.1 or whatever the last decimals are now. Maybe 1.5 will bring a switch back or maybe I'll get annoyed with carrying the Moment around as it is a little on the bulky side comparatively speaking. Who knows.
    I think they'll start censoring zealot, pre-defense force and kool aid drinker pretty soon with the news that palm has failed and is putting themselves up for sale, the critisism will be ramped up ten-fold.
    The EVO is cool and all, but where it loses is when I find it it runs Android. Sorry, I don't want a less buggy WinMo 6.1.

If Palm dies, it's WP7 for me, the be all, end all. Until then, I'm Palm forever.