View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 144 of 225 FirstFirst ... 4494134139140141142143144145146147148149154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOlive View Post
    No, I just want to know, are you happy with the oreo slider, the wobble, the sharp edge on the pre, and the laggy OS?
    yes because I have no oreo or wobble, the sharp edge isn't sharp.. if you cut yourself on it then there is something wrong with you, and since i'm running at 800mhz i'm barely laggy at all.

btw all computer devices have lag i'm afraid. My quad core o/c 3.8ghz has lag. The only phones that don't lag are dumb phones and thats because they don't run operating systems.

Oh btw the Nexus with snapdragon has.. oh wait.. hold for it.. one sec... LAG.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    have you tried rubbing the edge of the phone on your wrist?
    Y even come in here. The edges arent sharp and dont hurt. Just him saying that everyone who owns a pre instantly knew he was full of doodoo.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I was, Today I was in verizon testing the pre plus... First off, the thing wouldn't slide up unless I forced it pretty hard, secondly once it was open, i ran my finger against that sharp edge which hurt.

And it is Slow, how can you say its not slow? I web browse on the droid, then on the Pre, and the pre both on 3g in the same store took 20 seconds longer to open the same website... Not only that... launching an app took me 15 seconds... No other cards were open at the time...

This is pure glut.
    Well you got hold of a virgin phone! It's always tight at first. A little practice and the Pre is just wonderful.
    Slow? EVERYTHING is slow at first. IF you had given it more than 20 seconds you would have gotten the hang of it pretty fast.
    Plus.....if you had researched at all you would know that a patch would have fixed almost everything you need.
    Please tell me you don't wait under bridges for little girls? LOL
    NO OFFENSE!! Just trying to lighten up the mood a little
    Not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this thread. You keep arguing with everybody as though you're trying to convince them that their phones actually suck. Sorry man, but this thread should've been over after the first or second reply.

For what it's worth, I noticed you said it took the calculator app 10 seconds to open with no cards, so I tried it myself while keeping this browser card open and counted 2.5 seconds from press to full-open.

And if the "sharp" edges of this phone hurt you maybe you should have your skin checked...
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    The pre has the sharp edge on the bottom that hurts when u slide it open. (did they even beta test the device?)
    I stopped reading when I read up to this. If you ACTUALLY used a Pre you would realize it's IMPOSSIBLE to slide open from the bottom where the edge is "sharp". There was a video proving this.

Only other place I recall mentioning a sharp edge... guys remember Gizmodo, those who tried cutting cheese?

This guy is just full of soot.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Dude, instead of complaining fifty times you just need to move on to another phone. If you hate the Pre, so bad is all that I am saying. I have had mine 4 months and really like it. I don't want a big old brick in my pocket or on my belt. I see nothing wrong with the hardware. You people abuse the hardware then call it junk. Go get you a big ole android or Iphone.
    Last edited by JimOhara; 04/05/2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Umm....you're "rockin" a Voyager. Okay, so now that we've covered that, it's just a phone. I'm a phone junkie and have a hard time sticking with anything for very long. I've been waiting for quite a while for AT&T to launch the Pre. I've been learning on the training unit and I'm seriously loving it. If it's not your cup of tea then there's gonna be something else out there that can hang with the likes of your Voyager. *end sarcasm*
    I used a Treo 600 then a 650 and the latter was the device that I probably used the longest. It had it's issues of course, but there was something about it that I just loved. I'm getting that feeling from the Pre.
    man these last couple of pages are hilarious... definitely a troll bc he just created and is asking y we love our pre if its such a horrific device for himself....man i can say im a palm fan right now because the pre is my first palm phone, b4 i had all dumb phones and i completely fell in love with my pre, no problems whatsoever. so yeah stop feeding the trolls. i have to put up with my best friends bc they all have iphones and then make fun of me they say they never see any palm pre's in the wild compared to iphones....and for me i couldnt give a rats ***** in my opinion...i hate at&t and i hate apple....my gf has a palm pre and she loves it and funny thing is shes an apple fanatic...has a mac desktop, mac laptop and an ipod touch..so in my opinion...they all haters that have an iphone...one of my best friends has the iphone 3g...never says crap to me but i make his phone look like crap when he was playing a bowling game...i kept texting his phone constantly making him crack up bc he couldnt keep playing bc of the notifications were bothering him...i showed him how the pre handles notifications while playing a game and he was absolutely wowed....my other best friend has an iphone3gs....a huge at&t lover and he always "tries" to make fun of the pre...even send me article of whats bad about the pre and funny thing is the article was written in june 2009...i just laugh at him and say ur ********...so yeah like i said...even though palmolive keeps on saying he loves webOS but asks us why we love our pre's but doesnt find a good answer is bc he's trolling....stop answering him....
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

After uninstalling preware to install update 1.4 i tried reinstalling preware.. my problem is that after i go through all of the steps to install and i have rebooted my pre, upon launching preware it say that "The Package Manager Service is not running." i tried relaunching and rebooting to no avail, and i do have a reliable network connection....
    Any Ideas..!?!?!?
    even though i dont agree with everythin he says i am really not comfortable wth my pre. apps blow laggy, nd i shouldnt have to throw a patch in to speed it up. even tho wen i did do that it ****ed my fone up. palm has until the EVO comes out to come out with sumthing better than the pre. which i dont think they will i def am getting the EVO. it looks SICK!!!
    oh and all the iphone needs is multitasking and it would be prefect, oh wait for it IT DOES!!!! my friend made me look stupid the otherday. just like we can patch our phones so can the iphone!! so ur frind obviously doesnt kno anythin about his iphone. everything is startin to surpass the pre and im afraid its too late!!
    Personally i've skimmed through this thread and i've laughed my a** off

first of all...

I'm a girl and I have a pre plus and recently played with the pre

The edge is not sharp...I'm not worried that if I leave my pre in the presence of my suicidal friend that she will slit her wrist...

the OS lags...ehhh...kind of....but i've noticed it's not as horrible as android(anything before the droid) i have an eris as well and it's laggy....and u have to use tasks killers(contrary to what ppl say) to kill the apps just to speed it up, clear market cache and make sure your text messages don't go above 100 before u delete them

To be honest, i think he/she is just looking for attention they aren't getting elsewhere....

Forgive me...i'm from NY...i'm a bit blunt

But Second of all...

i've noticed people getting offended because someone is "bashing" their cellphone.
    I don't get this and this is not meant to be mean.

If someone says your phone sucks blah blah blah idk why i've seen some people get offended....

nobody made a racial or homophobic comment
    called your kids *******
    TAlked about your job
    or anything remotely personal(from what i've read)
    so why does it seem like people are touchy...over a pre????

Ignore him/her and they will have nothing to reply too

Sorry that's not just my 2 cents but my whole 10 dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by carmeng4evr View Post

first of all...

The edge is not sharp...I'm not worried that if I leave my pre in the presence of my suicidal friend that she will slit her wrist...

the OS lags...ehhh...kind of....but i've noticed it's not as horrible as android(anything before the droid) i have an eris as well and it's laggy....and u have to use tasks killers(contrary to what ppl say) to kill the apps just to speed it up, clear market cache and make sure your text messages don't go above 100 before u delete them

To be honest, i think he/she is just looking for attention they aren't getting elsewhere....

But Second of all...

i've noticed people getting offended because someone is "bashing" their cellphone.

If someone says your phone sucks blah blah blah idk why i've seen some people get offended....

called your kids *******
    TAlked about your job

LOL gotta love NY
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by carmeng4evr View Post

first of all...

But Second of all...

called your kids *******
    TAlked about your job

perfectly well said...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

The Pre is also a great tool to help keep you alive! If stranded out in the middle of nowhere without phone coverage, the mirror can help you flag down a search plane. If attacked by a bear, the mirror can be used to temporarily blind it, so you can get away. You can start a fire using the sun, so you don't freeze to death. And yes, the sharp edges could be used to cut wood or make a spear tip so you can hunt food. It's the swiss army knife of phones.
    ha thanks guys
    Not sure which is worse, the trolls or the Evangelizers....

That being said after the 1.4.1 update, no other software loaded nor is the handset modified in any manner I've been forced to reboot the phone 4 times in the past 2 days.

The screen wouldn't go to sleep, reboot.
    The dialer app refused to launch, reboot.
    The dialer refused to dial, reboot.
    The launcher at the bottom suddenly occupied the middle of the screen, reboot.

I'm tired of this phone not performing up to standards. Do the basics first, do it well, do it every single time and then I can accept the software shortcomings.

Don't even get me started on the build quality.
    Hey Jason or whoever, please develop a patch for flash during phone calls. It will help in conference calling. Also, you can only conference once during a phone call. I think the patch will help that....Thank you!!!
    I don't think we should all jump so hard on Eazy123, it's his opinion. Coming from a Blackberry, it was a HUGE learning curve for me, and I'm technically inclined. I expected my Pre to do lots of things that my BB Curve used to do out the box, like change fonts, easier Facebook app, easy sync via some sort of desktop manager, lots of fields under contacts, etc.... I literally did not sleep the day I got my Pre because I was reading up all posts on Palm Central on how to "customize" my phone.

All in all, now that I am on day 3, and have downloaded lots of Patches and apps.... am starting to get the hang of this phone.
    It's like being caught between a rock and a hard place.... love the opportunity to create apps for the phone, but miss functions that i feel should come standard with the device.

That being said, NO DEVICE OUT THERE can beat the mulitasking on the PRE! AMAZING!!! Pandora, grocery list, calculator, and sms all during my trip to the grocery store. Lovin' it!