View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    197 70.36%
  • No

    40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

    37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

    28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 142 of 225 FirstFirst ... 4292132137138139140141142143144145146147152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 4493
  1. #2821  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOlive View Post

    And it is Slow, how can you say its not slow? I web browse on the droid, then on the Pre, and the pre both on 3g in the same store took 20 seconds longer to open the same website... Not only that... launching an app took me 15 seconds... .
    The webOS browser is rated second to none out of all devices on the market (and it's really a tight tie between iPhone and webOS)

    20 seconds? I don't think so.
  2. #2822  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Guys... we all know he's trolling and doesn't care about our answers. Ignore... otherwise you're simply wasting your time wanting to answer questions he never wanted answered...

    Otherwise... defend on
    Well thrusting condescending insults at trolls is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me.
  3. #2823  
    maybe im the only one, but i dont slide my pre open by pushing the top slide up from the very bottom. i press my thumb on the screen, and slide it upwards. i never touch the "sharp" edge, not even when typing. so yes, it is sharp, yes it has been demonstrated to cut cheese, but i never touch it. so in my opinion, the sharp edge thing is not a good argument.

    my phone also doesnt really lag much. if i open an app and quickly swipe it away during the transition screen, then yes, the launcher pages lag a little, but other than that, the UI is smooth overall.

    screen size is perfect for me. everyone would like a larger screen, but not everyone wants to tote an ipad sized device in their pocket.

    ive had 1 hardware problem, and it was a faulty speaker. It malfunctioned in january, and my pre was bought a week after launch. the refurb device has performed perfectly, and has zero oreo twist.

    Im not going the deny that their are problems with some of the phones, but to blanket the entire product line as junk is a bit unfair.
  4. #2824  
    This is only the second time I've heard any mention of the sharp edge on the bottom. The first was my iphone friend who saw a youtube video of it slicing cheese...I handed it to him, and his exact response: "hmmm, not as bad as I thought"

    I agree that some apps take too long to load...mainly google maps. Web sites or the browser never seem to take longer than any other device...depending on the quality of the network. On my home wifi, the web is way snappier than on campus or evdo.

    You've got a very strong troll-vibe. This doesn't happen to have anything to do with a little competition over at laptopmag.com?
    March Smart Phone Madness Winner: Palm Pre Plus!
  5. Gorilla's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    #2825  
    Well in my testing of the Pre's and pixi's they will not perform to my level of standards.

    Are there any new Web OS devices going to be released soon?
  6. #2826  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOlive View Post
    No one is addressing my concerns... I didn't come here to bash...


    I guess you all just are so infatuated with web os and the brand you buy weak hardware anyways.
    You clearly came here to bash. Why else would you create an account in April just to start this thread. I have reported you as a troll. Hopefully this thread will be removed by an admin...
  7. #2827  
    OK you answered the next question I was about to ask. The Pre+ (Verizon) addressed the hardware issues you mentioned. Admittedly we have a double tap problem on the keyboard instead. Rumor has it Sprint will get yet another updated version soon so if you want a webOS phone and don't want Verizon hang tight a bit.
    Meanwhile head over to a Verizon store and compare the Pre+ with what you saw at Sprint.
  8. Gorilla's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    #2828  
    I am not trying to troll, as I have said, I want to have a Web OS device, I think its the best OS out there. I just do not like the Pre or Pixi, and I am hoping for some new palm hardware.
  9. #2829  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOlive View Post
    Sorry if I came across the wrong way.... I have wanted a Pre since it came out on sprint, but every device I have tried probably 10 different pre's have the same issues I mention..
    What exactly were you doing when you experienced periods of lag?

    I can make my phone lag in certain situations, but that's purposely creating the phenomenon and not actually indicative of regular use.
  10. #2830  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOlive View Post
    Im not trolling, trying to see if I need to get a New in box unit from the back to test out instead of a display model, sounds like maybe it would not have the issues the display models do.
    Wrong thing to do. If you're serious, take it home. You've got 30 days to make up your own mind.
  11. Gorilla's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    #2831  
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    OK you answered the next question I was about to ask. The Pre+ (Verizon) addressed the hardware issues you mentioned. Admittedly we have a double tap problem on the keyboard instead. Rumor has it Sprint will get yet another updated version soon so if you want a webOS phone and don't want Verizon hang tight a bit.
    Meanwhile head over to a Verizon store and compare the Pre+ with what you saw at Sprint.
    I tried the Pre Plus at Verizon today... The slider was sticky, wouldn't slide up easily..

    Thanks for the advice though.
  12. #2832  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    maybe im the only one, but i dont slide my pre open by pushing the top slide up from the very bottom. i press my thumb on the screen, and slide it upwards. i never touch the "sharp" edge, not even when typing. so yes, it is sharp, yes it has been demonstrated to cut cheese, but i never touch it. so in my opinion, the sharp edge thing is not a good argument.
    The manual shows the "proper" method to be putting your thumb in the middle of the screen, and sliding it up. Nowhere near the dangerous sharp cheese-cutting edge.

    I've never figured out why the users of other phones seem so wrapped up with cutting the cheese anyway; but I guess that explains all those noisy apps...
  13. Gorilla's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    #2833  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    What exactly were you doing when you experienced periods of lag?

    I can make my phone lag in certain situations, but that's purposely creating the phenomenon and not actually indicative of regular use.

    I made sure all cards were closed... clicked on the calendar and it took a very long time probably 10 seconds to open.

    Then i closed the card and opened the web browser.

    Once I opened a website, I scrolled down the page, and I was waiting for the white black checkerboard pattern which took a second to go away everytime I scrolled, that was annoying...


    Granted I am VERY picky, but, The only smooth kind of Experience I have had with 0 lag is the Droid.
  14. #2834  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOlive View Post
    ...i ran my finger against that sharp edge which hurt.
    That's usually a sign that you have thin skin from lack of any labor or sport type activities.

    Also I'm not sure how you're holding the phone but the edge is only at the bottom third of the phone so you might want to change your grip to a more normal position.

    The only time I've had to hold the phone with fingers wrapped around the edge is when I'm lazy and holding it one hand using my thumb to tap the keyboard. But I'm an active person and the edges don't hurt my fingers in the slightest.

    You sound like more of a Pixi type of guy. My girlfriend has one and loves it, you should try that version instead.
  15. Gorilla's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    #2835  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Wrong thing to do. If you're serious, take it home. You've got 30 days to make up your own mind.
    That is true, however I wouldn't want to pay a 35 dollar restocking fee if I chose to exchange it for the droid.
  16. #2836  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOlive View Post
    Well in my testing of the Pre's and pixi's they will not perform to my level of standards.

    Are there any new Web OS devices going to be released soon?
    Nothing but speculation. Sounds like your due for a different device, and a different forum...
  17. Gorilla's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    #2837  
    I want to like it, but I don't...

    Now Im second guessing myself.
  18. #2838  
    I think a lot of avid users forgot most people don't have any concept of doctoring their phone. The only reason I know these resources even exist is because my SOs phone has had so many problems. Twice the hardware has been returned but at least one other issue has been solved by a patch.

    He's been to the store umpteen times - how was he ever supposed to learn about all these tricks? Who usually needs all that just to use a phone? I get why a power user might want all this info but most consumers just want a phone that works and maybe gets the internet.

    You thinking this is too much phone for him? He should buy something else? (he's a big fan of Palm OS from back in the day) Because it almost became a full time job tracking all this stuff down.

    yes I am exaggerating a little.
  19. #2839  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOlive View Post
    I made sure all cards were closed... clicked on the calendar and it took a very long time probably 10 seconds to open.

    Then i closed the card and opened the web browser.

    Once I opened a website, I scrolled down the page, and I was waiting for the white black checkerboard pattern which took a second to go away everytime I scrolled, that was annoying...


    Granted I am VERY picky, but, The only smooth kind of Experience I have had with 0 lag is the Droid.
    Next time you try out a demo unit, make sure to reboot the device first. Those things are constantly getting used and are on for a very long period of time.
  20. #2840  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOlive View Post
    That is true, however I wouldn't want to pay a 35 dollar restocking fee if I chose to exchange it for the droid.
    Get one from Sprint. There is no restocking fee if you cancel your account within 30 days. If nothing else, you can use the Sprint phone, and take it back completely cancelled, then get your Verizon phone with no "ill effects".

    I suspect you're not serious at all, and simply came to bash. Go back and look at the title of your thread, it doesn't say "Can you folks tell me about the Pre". I suspect you've never even actually done anything with the Pre.

    As an example, I just opened my Pre's calendar, which is attached to 6 different accounts, is FULL of appointments, and it took 6 seconds to open.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions