View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 141 of 225 FirstFirst ... 4191131136137138139140141142143144145146151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 4493
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I personally haven't ever experienced any lag in the OS whatsoever.

I find it no different than Android, BB's or anything else.

Is it as fast as some? no. because a) they don't offer the multitasking like webOS and b) for heck sakes it takes a bit of time to mature an OS... all other devices have been out 2+ years.. webOS has been out for <1 year

It'll come in time

I've never been 'hurt' by sliding open the phone lol.
    I was, Today I was in verizon testing the pre plus... First off, the thing wouldn't slide up unless I forced it pretty hard, secondly once it was open, i ran my finger against that sharp edge which hurt.

And it is Slow, how can you say its not slow? I web browse on the droid, then on the Pre, and the pre both on 3g in the same store took 20 seconds longer to open the same website... Not only that... launching an app took me 15 seconds... No other cards were open at the time...

This is pure glut.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOlive View Post
    No, I just want to know, are you happy with the oreo slider, the wobble, the sharp edge on the pre, and the laggy OS?
    No oreo, never noticed the sharp edge and very little lag, like I said, can't relate, by far the best phone that I ever owned.
    But I put this question out to all of you? How are you happy with the pre? Its slow, ive tested it at the store several times.. Multitouch is slow... I made sure only 1 card was open....
    Testing on a display unit is hit or miss. We don't know what version of the OS it has or what other people have done with it.

Try a new unit with updated software and see how you feel. You still may not like it, but at least you'll have an accurate representation of what we have.
    Was curious, just opened my browser and had precentral up and running, all under 7 seconds.
    No, I just want to know, are you happy with the oreo slider, the wobble, the sharp edge on the pre, and the laggy OS?
    I have none of the above issues. And frankly the Oreo and wobble issues should never have existed on a store model since they should have replaced the defective display. So either the store slipped up or there is something you are not revealing here.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Testing on a display unit is hit or miss. We don't know what version of the OS it has or what other people have done with it.

Try a new unit with updated software and see how you feel. You still may not like it, but at least you'll have an accurate representation of what we have.
    I checked the OS and it was updated to the latest OS. no other cards running....

Im trying to be real here folks I LOVE PALM.... I LOVE Web OS, I just don't see how you all enjoy the current hardware.
    No slider issues or wobble, the sharp edge doesn't seem to exist on my pre and the OS is far from laggy.

My wife traded her Hero in for a pixi and likes it a lot better than the Hero phone.

So not sure what you going for here but the OS is fine and does everything a phone needs to do.
    15 seconds to open up web browser? alright discussion over.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    My Pre has no wobble in the slider, the OS is snappy, and I have honestly never really had a problem. The only problem I've had was when 1.4 failed to install and I had to Doctor and do it again.

OP, you're going about this all wrong. You come here to a Pre forum, create a thread bashing everything about the device, then try to have a civil discussion about our opinions? Sorry the demo units you tried out weren't up to your level of satisfaction. From my experiences, demo units always suck lol. I know there are tons of peole here that love their Pre and haven't had any isues with it.
    i ran my finger against that sharp edge which hurt.

wow touching the sharp edge "hurt" you lol lucky you're not a hemophiliac or it might have killed you
    No one is addressing my concerns... I didn't come here to bash...

I guess you all just are so infatuated with web os and the brand you buy weak hardware anyways.
    Hardware is fine. Do you have stats on % of oreo phones or have you just read the complaints and took them as a representation of everyone that has the phone?
    Congratulations, you walk into a forum for Palm Pre Enthusiasts and bash the hardware as if you're speaking for the everyone in the room. Congratulations Rhode Scholar.
    Love my day 1 Pre! Are you kidding, I had to sharpen my bottom edge only twice, it wears out if you use it to shave every day. Are you sure you weren't using one of those demo phones with the fake picture?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    My Pre has no wobble in the slider, the OS is snappy, and I have honestly never really had a problem. The only problem I've had was when 1.4 failed to install and I had to Doctor and do it again.

OP, you're going about this all wrong. You come here to a Pre forum, create a thread bashing everything about the device, then try to have a civil discussion about our opinions? Sorry the demo units you tried out weren't up to your level of satisfaction. From my experiences, demo units always suck lol. I know there are tons of peole here that love their Pre and haven't had any isues with it.
    Sorry if I came across the wrong way.... I have wanted a Pre since it came out on sprint, but every device I have tried probably 10 different pre's have the same issues I mention..
    I don't have an oreo slider.
    I don't have wobble.
    I don't have a sharp edge.
    The OS is definitely usable.

I suspect you don't own one, never have, are basing everything you've typed on what you've read. This, however, speaks volumes about how happy most Pre owners are with their devices.
    Guys... we all know he's trolling and doesn't care about our answers. Ignore... otherwise you're simply wasting your time wanting to answer questions he never wanted answered...

Otherwise... defend on
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Im not trolling, trying to see if I need to get a New in box unit from the back to test out instead of a display model, sounds like maybe it would not have the issues the display models do.
    i ran my finger against that sharp edge which hurt.
    Are you live 5 years old with baby skin?

Sure its a little on the sharp side... but it HURT?!

Forchristssake
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Guys... we all know he's trolling and doesn't care about our answers. Ignore... otherwise you're simply wasting your time wanting to answer questions he never wanted answered...

Otherwise... defend on
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's usually is a duck.
    No one is addressing my concerns... I didn't come here to bash...

I guess you all just are so infatuated with web os and the brand you buy weak hardware anyways.
    Or, maybe you're just a troll that's meeting up with very limited "success"...