View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 139 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3989129134135136137138139140141142143144149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    So you never get the TMC error? If you have multiple web pages loaded up, do they always load in the background? Do they never refresh when you go back to them?

If anything, someone with more unauthorized patches, would have the bugs, but people think you are stretching the truth because people like me who have 100% stock Palm pre's still have the bugs I am discussing.

I am confident that I can make a brand new 100% stock pre not load pages in the background correctly, refresh webpages that I go back to, and get the TMC error.

I am also confident that I could make a brand new pre have problems uploading recording videos, slow down when multi-tasking, TMC error, batter saying 0% error, etc.
    Why is it so hard to believe the many people on this forum who are saying that they do not have problems? Are they all lying, too?

I have owned my Pre since 6/6/09 and I have never received the "too many cards" error. Of course, I do not sit around and try to load all my apps to see if I can produce the error. In addition, my battery has never read as 0%. I have uploaded only one video and didn't have a problem with that. Until there is a way to measure whether or how much the phone slows down when multi-tasking, it would be useless to debate that issue.

My phone is a tool. It does most of the things I need it to do. It is not perfect. I am still waiting for apps to do some of the additional things I would like to be able to do such as document editing.
    @ OP, Put a small piece of thick tape on the top of the battery compartment behind the battery lifter. Simple fix, problem solved.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    @ OP, Put a small piece of thick tape on the top of the battery compartment behind the battery lifter. Simple fix, problem solved.
    Hey,

Thanks for that, I just did that and it seems like the phone has been working much better in terms of just shutting off, maybe that was the issue all along?

Put the 800MHz patch on the phone today and all I can say is.... wow.
    <<moved>>

If we're going to assume someone who says their phone is fine is lying, we can just as easily assume those who say they are having issues are lying.

Give each other a break.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Hey,

Thanks for that, I just did that and it seems like the phone has been working much better in terms of just shutting off, maybe that was the issue all along?

Put the 800MHz patch on the phone today and all I can say is.... wow.
    That's good to hear. You're welcome
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    None of these bugs on Pre, sorry
    MOST of those on my Pre, sorry.

TMC ALL the time (with NO cards open at all!), sticks in wired headset mode, randomly changes from phone speaker to Bluetooth-- even with no Bluetooth device nearby-- disrupting calls, etc. VERY buggy. Updates rarely help.

And I can't even find what the musical notes and a volume bar beside them at the bottom of the screen means! What is it What does do? It's not the volume control. And it changes randomly, coming off and on for no reason, even when charging, and the level changes.

MANY bugs with this phone.

And BTW, I clicked the Update app about 3 minutes ago. The icon is still "glowing"-- hasn't even opened yet. This is very common, and maddening.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried a three way call with the pre? If so you probably noticed that if you want to end the call with one of the participants on the line, you have to hang up the entire call. Some say that its because of the sprint network, but more and more i am finding that not to be true. All blackberry phones have the ability to hang up on only one of the participants of the 3 way call. Why can't we do this for the pre? Is it something that can be fixed with a patch?
    i write this as i am ****ed bout a certain topic. but first:

my pre is a perfect tool, i have very few issues except for the fact that i got a replacement device once in january for the old touchscrenn quit working. almost none of the bugs listed here apply to me except for that my german 3g network seems to be a lot less stable as the 2g but that gets blaimed on my carrier for now (which is not o2).

no matter what bugs they will bring up, still i love the phone for it still does everything i want it to do really flawlessly. when it comes to user experience for me i always compare things to the very first nokia phone i once had: responsive, simple, plain, true, fast. all smartphones i ve ever had offered a lot of flexibility and technique but all lacked these basic values and claimed a lot of concentration on simple tasks.

the webos is the first thing ever since 1998 that beats my first nokia. because it integrates so easy in what i do and how.

on top of that i appreciate a lot that i can mess around with the os, discover, understand and ajust it in its very guts. as long as one knows what he does the possibilities are unbeatable (i had similar creative kicks from my c64 and that alone makes me happy) and still if you dont feel so hackish you have a lot of geeks here that offer a lot of possibilities for non-hackers. but still also as long as they know what they do too.

its perfect. the whole concept of the gadget including this community around it just works. its not built on just messing around with things, it integrates all this personal attitutes with plain solid linux knowhow. and that means: all things and issues can and will be solved in the end.

the technology of object orientated garbage collectors is valuable and very good (in words: very good) but as we utilize it and enjoy its benefits we must accept that there is a price for flexibility and versatility:

it is possible that memory gets drained.

it is possible that one stupid webpage no matter in whatever stage claims memory in a way that is just difficult to handle for the carbage collector.

at least when you bring in a timeline into the issue.

actually when i get a TMC error at all it is mostly connected to a browser instance that is or was open.

i will survive restarting my phone once a week. (but mostly i dont have to)

i even restart my desktop firefox app every here and then because it (or its hosted web apps) drains memory too. nobody complains about that. but the pre is a very small device that normaly has a 24/7 uptime and basically luna IS a browser with exactly the same structural challenges.

but the thing i am really ****ed off is something that is completely apart from all this stuff.

the new palm products are designed to meet the customer where he is and offering him what he needs and supplying straight and easy ways for all demands. thats the core philosophy in my opinion. so

why the hack do i have to get myself a stupid credit card just to keep me in the game?!?

this
    is
    simply
    unbearable

IT IS SO FREAKING SAD

it just makes me speechless

they put everything up so nicely the whole spirit of webos and its incarnation and then they drop me on the last few inches. ahhhhh.

cant they understand that here in germany credit cards are simply not standard. i mean it is not inferior developed culture or whatever that may look like from the outside, no... its just something we dont have because we dont really need it, we have other ways... it is just not common, and it does not have to be common.

there are things that demand having a creditcard sometimes, yes. and i wonder when the moment arrives i finally need one myself (booking planes or hotel roomes abroad very often or things like that).

but it will not be just because my cell phone demands it.

no.

i stand behind everything palm does concerning the phones and software and what and how they do and when they solve what and i try to understand when things are not perfect at once. but THIS is just stupid. it is dump. it is arrogant. it is wrong.

even blizzard made this work without hassle as they claimed the market for mmorpgs. and it was neccessary for their success on the european market.

like a duck takes to water pam MUST offer other payment than credit card for the european market. otherways they simply kick themselfes out of what they try to be in.

the stage is yours, palm...

thanks
    I just couldn't deal with it any longer. the slow opening of apps, the locking up, the lack of speed dial. the letter "B". the 'too many cards open' when there were no cards open. the crappy camera... the loose slider, the charger cover (which pulled my hair out consistantly). i finally talked sprint into getting me out of my palm pre. now i have a hero such an improvement.
    Well I'm sorry you are leaving. Hope you are happy with your new phone. Come back and tell us how you like you new phone after a few weeks. Good luck with you sir.
    no one cares
    Oh yeah, I am sure the Hero is an improvement... well maybe once they roll out 2.1 for it. I hate Android.

Too bad you left, the 1.4.1.1 update pretty much eliminated the "too many cards" error. Also, if you were not happy with the hardware, you should have let them send you another one. After the memory error was finally addressed, my Pre feels like a new phone!

Good luck with the Zero...uh, I mean Hero, and that mess called the Android OS!
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowie View Post
    I just couldn't deal with it any longer. the slow opening of apps, the locking up, the lack of speed dial. the letter "B". the 'too many cards open' when there were no cards open. the crappy camera... the loose slider, the charger cover (which pulled my hair out consistantly). i finally talked sprint into getting me out of my palm pre. now i have a hero such an improvement.
    Weird, I have had speed dial for 9 months now.
    buh bye!

I still will never understand the need to announce a person is leaving something.

I have never had 1 single issue (that wasn't operator caused) with my Pre since I got it in October.

I'm glad you seem to have found your 'perfect' phone but I for one love, love, love my Pre and it seems to get better with each update.

I also thought that there was a speed dial feature but I've never ever used it on any phone so I can't say for sure.
    such a weight has been lifted in this forum now that we all know you are happy.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I just couldn't deal with it any longer. the slow opening of apps,
    That ended for me with 1.4.1.1. Which apps?

the locking up,
    When? What were you doing? What app were you in? Can we help troubleshoot?

the lack of speed dial.
    What lack? There are many apps to remedy this situation. How fast do you want it? I just type "rsmith" to call robert smith, and it's faster than any icon or anything.

the letter "B".
    Sorry, what?

the 'too many cards open' when there were no cards open.
    Ended with 1.4.1.1 for me.

the crappy camera...
    Crappier than other 3MP cameras on your phone? What do you mean, crappy?

the loose slider, the charger cover (which pulled my hair out consistantly).
    I agree about the slider quality. No response there.

The forum community is here to help, if you're there to ask
    Last edited by esoneill; 04/02/2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: fixed "3PM" to "3MP"
    twitter: @esoneill
    Would you have cared if the OP was praising the Pre and saying how much he loved it?

Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    no one cares
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    no one cares
    You are very wrong sir! Palm cares when they lose customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    buh bye!

I still will never understand the need to announce a person is leaving something.

I have never had 1 single issue (that wasn't operator caused) with my Pre since I got it in October.

I'm glad you seem to have found your 'perfect' phone but I for one love, love, love my Pre and it seems to get better with each update.

I also thought that there was a speed dial feature but I've never ever used it on any phone so I can't say for sure.
    I completely disagree with you. In fact, I think there should be an official "I dropped the Pre" thread, it is free information for Palm.
    (shrugs) good think we all didn't have the same opinions as it would make the world very boring.

And apparently moderators moved this to a 'more' appropriate thread.