View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 138 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3888128133134135136137138139140141142143148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by prequan View Post
    beginning to hate palm. i am currently waiting for my 4th-FOURTH! pre. all 3 have had manufacturer defects, the last one fell apart. i think they forgot to put two of the screws in to hold it together. two screws fwell out and it split in half. unbelievable. the phone is built like total crap. i have loved it but for the 4 months i have had my contract, ive gone 6 weeks without the ******* phone. been waiting two weeks for a replacement from palm....piece of sh#t company and phone. before this i had no experience with palm. its not going well. before this last one fell apart i had even started learning html so i could one day develop apps for it. sad. as soon as i have a credit on my acct for a new phone im bailing as of this point. well, maybe if the next one lasts for more than a month i will consider sticking around...
    still waiting.... 3 weeks. bell says there is a shortage at the factory. buuuullcrap.
    I still have my original Pre, and it is clocked at 800MHz. While I do run across a bug from time to time it hasn't impeded my use of the device. The phone has been fairly solid, did not experience the oreo effect, broken Screen, usb port and other parts of the phone haven't cracked. I have dropped the phone 7 times. The OP may call me liar if he wishes, but he would be flat out wrong.

Whats even more amusing is the fact that the Iphone, in its 3rd generation of the OS, has some significant issues. I'll post a clip from the article I found on versiontracker:

Random freezes and shutdowns were a major complaint for some users after upgrading to iPhone OS 3.1 last fall. The problem was the source of heated discussions within a huge Apple discussion thread containing nearly 900 posts. This problem now seems to be making a comeback, although it may be less widespread this time.

As other posters said, all phone experience issues.
    hparsons is the leader of the pre-defense force. Now he's resorted to name calling to defend the pre's honor. The phone is buggy, deal with it buddy. There was a whole post on the main page about it. You probably tried to take a video this morning only to be greeted by the gray screen but you'd never say a word....you love your palm and your pre too much to speak ill of it...awww that's cute....******
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    hparsons is the leader of the pre-defense force. Now he's resorted to name calling to defend the pre's honor. The phone is buggy, deal with it buddy. There was a whole post on the main page about it. You probably tried to take a video this morning only to be greeted by the gray screen but you'd never say a word....you love your palm and your pre too much to speak ill of it...awww that's cute....******
    Correction: Your phone may be buggy. Mine's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Correction: Your phone may be buggy. Mine's not.
    no, this. It's a fact that webos ver. 1.4 has several major bugs that every major tech site has reported on. You are telling untruths.
    I agree, I am tired of this buggy mess, and I can not wait to change phones. I would pick a bugless 1.0 over a buggy 1.4 anyday.

At this point I do not care though, I will drop the pre as soon as I can unless Palm just wowed me.
    Im on my 5th Pre. Most of them the ear piece has gone out.
    got to admit with vick mackey here, everyone pre that has anyversion of webos is buggy from the first 1.1 to 1.4 its buggy so quit lying to yourself and saying my pre is not buggy it is buggy. every electronics has a bug or 2 or 100, the iphone has it, android has them, and pre has them too.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    no, this. It's a fact that webos ver. 1.4 has several major bugs that every major tech site has reported on. You are telling untruths.
    How dare you accuse people of lying when their experiences are different than yours. Explain to me exactly how I am lying on this. Better yet, come by and check out my phone. Let's see if you are able to find any of the problems you are describing.

Just because the media has reported some problems does not mean that every Pre owner is experiencing them.
    I'm using a wired handsfree earpiece since 1.4 broke the Bluetooth integration with my car. This was a deal breaker for me until the 800 MHz patch came out, sticking with the Pre once again.

Many thanks to all who write these great patches!!!
    How dare you accuse people of lying when their experiences are different than yours. Explain to me exactly how I am lying on this. Better yet, come by and check out my phone. Let's see if you are able to find any of the problems you are describing.

Just because the media has reported some problems does not mean that every Pre owner is experiencing them.
    first of all relax, no need to be so dramatic, second of all, lots of people lie, sorry to break it to you, if their is a software bug in the OS, it is in all of them.

Until we see a video or something, of a common bug we think palm pre's have, and you showing us that yours does not do it, through some scientific experiment, we will not believe the people that say.

"I had 20 cards open yesterday and never get the TMC error and I never have web-pages refresh on me, and no hardware problem, this phone is 100% bug free"
    I'm on my 3rd Pre, Evo here I come
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    first of all relax, no need to be so dramatic, second of all, lots of people lie, sorry to break it to you, if their is a software bug in the OS, it is in all of them.

Until we see a video or something, of a common bug we think palm pre's have, and you showing us that yours does not do it, through some scientific experiment, we will not believe the people that say.

"I had 20 cards open yesterday and never get the TMC error and I never have web-pages refresh on me, and no hardware problem, this phone is 100% bug free"
    That's easy for you to say. He didn't call you a liar.

Your statement is overly simplistic. If we all had locked down phones, I would expect an update to interact the same way on all our phones. However, since many (most?) of us have modified our phones over the past 9 months with 3rd party applications, homebrew, and patches, it is not possible to say that the 1.4 update affected all of our phones in the same way. If fact, if you read the entire "Official webOS 1.4 issues" thread (and I have), you will see that many of the problems that posters experienced were due to prior modifications they had made to their phones.
    While I kind of like my Pre Plus, I could never use it as my primary device. I have way to many battery, lag, Exchange, screen sensitivity issues (I can never seem to get the menu to come down on the first try) to rely on it daily.

I will say this though, while the EVO hardware looks incredible I am not a fan of the Android OS. While the widgets are ok, it has no real advantages over WebOS.
    That's easy for you to say. He didn't call you a liar.

Your statement is overly simplistic. If we all had locked down phones, I would expect an update to interact the same way on all our phones. However, since many (most?) of us have modified our phones over the past 9 months with 3rd party applications, homebrew, and patches, it is not possible to say that the 1.4 update affected all of our phones in the same way. If fact, if you read the entire "Official webOS 1.4 issues" thread (and I have), you will see that many of the problems that posters experienced were due to prior modifications they had made to their phones.
    So you never get the TMC error? If you have multiple web pages loaded up, do they always load in the background? Do they never refresh when you go back to them?

If anything, someone with more unauthorized patches, would have the bugs, but people think you are stretching the truth because people like me who have 100% stock Palm pre's still have the bugs I am discussing.

I am confident that I can make a brand new 100% stock pre not load pages in the background correctly, refresh webpages that I go back to, and get the TMC error.

I am also confident that I could make a brand new pre have problems uploading recording videos, slow down when multi-tasking, TMC error, batter saying 0% error, etc.
    Last edited by wrxdrunkie; 03/28/2010 at 11:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Nothing wrong with the poster considering the HTC. And his comments--he's entitled to his feelings, whether right or wrong. There are bugs in many complex contraptions. Toyota makes the best cars in the world but one "bug" is going to cost them millions of customers and billions of dollars. Yes, that particular bug kills people on occassion but if you put in perspective how many cars they have made--they are actually more reliable than anything else. Pre's have bugs, your HTC will have bugs.

I will also tell you from experience that I USED TO have Clear's 4g service here in Las Vegas. I got it before it was officially launched. It worked great then. A few months later and it was no better than 3G after they "upgraded" the towers. I'd wait at least a few months before switching to the HTC just to see if it is really as good as you hope for. If it is and you're happy the you will have made a good choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post

this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    My Pre sucks. It's buggy, horrible build quality (falling apart on me, really), reboots at random, can't do anything I ask it to do. It's the worst POS I've ever owned.

Oh, wait, sorry: that's me lying.
    lol yeah and me too!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Im a new Palm Pre Plus owner. I did have an issue with the 1.4 patch. I kept getting the "to many cards..." issue. So I went in and got a new one. I have had it now for over a month and have had no problems. I don't know how that bug happens but it could very well be hardware specific. Just a guess though.

Come on Palm! Lets get back in the game! Start pushing out that new hardware!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention... I LOVE THIS PHONE!