View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    197 70.36%
  • No

    40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

    37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

    28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 137 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3787127132133134135136137138139140141142147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 4493
  1. digink's Avatar
    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    #2721  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Kind of funny, was working in LA a couple of days ago, had the Sprint Nav leading the way, pandora playing on my car's stereo and was thinking to my self how much I dig this phone, does everything I need a smartphone to do. My two kids Pre's that I purchased in June work fine too, no problems and they are also really happy with them. I don't think we are lucky, just the opposite, kinda think you are the unlucky one.
    My man, I completely agree with you on ALL of those things.

    When my Pre works well, and it did quiet often esp. before 1.4, my god did it work. Sometimes I'd just be in awe of HOW good and seamlessly it worked. It isn't the fact that I don't think WebOS is great... I really do, the thing is I don't WANT to go to another platform, I've used Android and I came back to WebOS. That said, it is just so frustrating when you go to pick up your phone and hit the power button..... and it's off!?

    Or you take it out of your pocket to make a call, and it's off... or when it does turn on all of your open cards are gone because it restarted. At this point maybe it isn't the software and I just have a lemon.. but I don't have serious Oreo issues, I don't have a really bad screen, I mean apart from some heating issue that everyone has my phone works fine physically so at this point I just dont know whats going on here.

    I wasn't trying to step on toes, I guess it is clear I am a minority with these issues, I just hope they get worked out and Palm releases a new device thats built flawlessly like my old Palm devices.
  2. #2722  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    you might be suffering from teh "loose battery" issue. Mine original and refurb warranty replacement pre need a little paper-wedge as the battery connection is a little loose. Without it, it might cause the phone to power-off. You could do a search on the forums for this common issue.
    thats all it is....pc of paper and your done.....Pre rocks...ok a little freeze now and then...but the first release.....WebOs rocks.....
  3. #2723  
    Sorry...own phones with both OS's and both have their pluses and minuses. Maybe if people could stop being fanb0ys long enough to be rational, you might not get as offended about people wanting to ditch webOS. I personally like Android. It may not be as slick and polished, but it's definitely capable. And the instant access to info with widgets is extremely convenient. If Palm would get their heads out of their **** and allow the background to be active so a today screen or whatever other widget like home screen you wanted to create would be possible, it would definitely get a leg up. I find having multiple home screens with info organized as I like it makes navigating to things much quicker than webOS. Just the fact I can make my homescreen 80% my agenda with 4 icons I need most makes my day easier.

    I do enjoy the homebrew side of webOS and the patches that add functionality I need without having to add entire programs. Yet I'm annoyed some of the patches are for things so basic I can't imagine why Palm doesn't have them incorporated into the OS already.

    And you also have webOS largely in bed with Google which turns out to also be one of its largest competitors. So complaints about google voice not working are non-existent on Android as well as other Google services being compatible with Android before they would ever be compatible with webOS.

    And the Evo offers very impressive specs outside the lack of a physical keyboard. Nobody knows what Palm has coming for gen 2, but I'm sure they'll announce it before people have a chance to actually buy the Evo to get people to wait before jumping ship or just buying in general. And Palm better be bringing the head cheerleader to the prom because miss congeniality just won't cut it. Regardless how many people "still have" release day Pre's functioning flawlessly, the build quality and design of the Pre was lackluster and the Pixi's internals are lackluster if anything just for compatibility's sake with everything Pre, not to mention the lack of wifi (especially when some third party sync software relies on it). Not to mention Palm couldn't market their way out of a paper bag to the point the best webOS commercial out there in 6 months was JUST made by a user and posted on you tube.

    The webOS is fun, slick and multitasks as easy as pie. But sub par hardware and marketing are just as important. Maybe they can tie it all together this summer, maybe not. But with the migration to the cloud, any loyalty like they had with PalmOS is out the window especially when you can update phones every year (on Sprint at least). So people might go to the Evo this summer, but next summer they could be back with Palm or win7 or whatever. Switching phones is as easy as entering an email adr and syncing your info.

    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    Just had to post this since threads on here already declare the EVO the winner of a battle that hasn't even started yet. Most people who are saying they are going to the EVO need to pick up an android device and realize that the the best device is already in the "PALM" of their hands
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  4. #2724  
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    ...
    Maybe you guys got lucky, maybe you don't really use your phones, or maybe you just don't really care about the bugs.
    ...
    Or, maybe you're jusst an ***** who somehow thinks his and two other user's experience must be indicitive of what hundreds of thousands others are experiencing.

    If my phone was turning itself off for no reason, it would be back at Sprint.
  5. #2725  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Kind of funny, was working in LA a couple of days ago, had the Sprint Nav leading the way, pandora playing on my car's stereo and was thinking to my self how much I dig this phone, does everything I need a smartphone to do. My two kids Pre's that I purchased in June work fine too, no problems and they are also really happy with them. I don't think we are lucky, just the opposite, kinda think you are the unlucky one.
    Lar lar pantzon far.
  6. #2726  
    ******* kill me, you lie, the phone turns off frequently. Mine did it 3 times last week. Video cam only works half the time, etc. The phone is buggy. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either easy to please, owns palm stock or is delusional.
  7. #2727  
    mmm....tension...delicious....
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  8. #2728  
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    ...
    I wasn't trying to step on toes, I guess it is clear I am a minority with these issues, I just hope they get worked out and Palm releases a new device thats built flawlessly like my old Palm devices.
    Not trying to step on toes? Really?!?!? So when you labeled a bunch of strangers liars, you really didn't think you were stepping on toes? Are you genuinely that obtuse?

    A broad apology might be in order...
  9. #2729  
    "Everyone lies" -- House

    I am mostly posting because I don't want to study, feel free to ignore me.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  10. #2730  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    ******* kill me, you lie, the phone turns off frequently. Mine did it 3 times last week. Video cam only works half the time, etc. The phone is buggy. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either easy to please, owns palm stock or is delusional.
    I think it's because you keep holding it to your ear while your head is up an uncomfortable oriface. Gunks up the fone.
  11. #2731  
    lmfao
  12. #2732  
    WebOs is the best OS on the market but it still has problems. I know 3 other people who have the Pre, two of them already dropped it for the Hero. These two never visited this site. My point is for every unhappy person you know of, there are 10 you don't know. Lets face it, we love the OS and that's why we stick with the Pre, lots of people would not.
  13. #2733  
    every phone I have ever had I have had problems with, and while yes, I have had plenty of annoyances from this one, including the one you speak of, pictures disapearing, cracked usb door, and sometimes painfully slow; I have to say the OS shows potential which outways the simple things I'm used to anyway, and unlike those other phones, updates come frequently. Whereas most phones do not even get updates, and the ones that do, require more work and are unknown about. Webos goes as far as updating for you. Multitasks in a way I don't see being easily beat, and has a much better notifications system then any other phone yet. Not a ****** of any kind, wanted the iphone before this came out, and have used all three os's, this one just feels like the one to stick with, may not be polished yet. Sometimes the best things which show potential aren't always perfect, they just need time and support to grow and show full potential. I'm giving palm that chance, the evo has nice specs, but it's still android, which, while having some great features, lakes the intuitive features of this phone, brawns aren't everything
  14. #2734  
    but you have bugs? You needed a restart, or was force to restart, and had physical damage. Those are bugs palm did not sort out before or after launch.

    c'mon the op just sayin webos is faulty and if we all say it's new and will be semi broken lets admit it webos, pre, pixi are new and nothin is perfect right?

    there are bugs but nothin that destroys webos since we all love it to the point of pokin it in it **** whole with you know wat.. Fact is there are bugs on everythin, we just let it fly since we are easily awed by a simple multitask.
  15. #2735  
    oh I do agree there are bugs. It's just as you say, the os simply keeps us going. I wish there weren't so many and I do understand the fustration though. I've even had those times where I thought hey what's out there now, might need to switch, but dang, just can't go back to clicking buttons to go back, or no swiping to delete I hope the op is able to get some of those issues resolved in a future updatem as well as the ones I have. Palm does need to work on the bugs as there will be plenty more whom share the fustration the op has, and with this being a newer platform it can't afford it.
  16. #2736  
    i here love my pre, the only bug i experienced was the volume bug when 1.4 was first release. im on my 3rd pre since October, the reason i am on my 3rd is because the headphone jack was mess up.
    i have owned a cheap MP3 player(my 1st) that lasted me 1 week,
    an ipod nano that lasted 20 days,
    second ipod nano lasted 3 months,
    first generation MS Zune player(best MP3 player i'd ever owned) well..... that one got stolen,
    i also got the ipod video (30g) that lasted for like 9 months
    first phone lasted 7 months(i wast on cingular[b4 AT&T came to the picture]), so i went through 2 go phones b4 i was elegible for a new phone.
    i got a blackberry that lasted a whole year, but it was already falling apart within the first 4 months,
    3 go phones later i switched to sprint, and got the Palm Pre.
    So what im trying to say is that i have very bad luck with all my gadgets, and this phone seems to be the most cheap piece of hardware id touched in my life, and yet even thought i had drop(my son included) all 3 phones many times, they just dont seem to break.
    We all have to own a bad product sometime in our life, so learn to live with it or move on.
  17. #2737  
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    *sigh* enough to know I don't care for it, and it slows the entire OS down. You can cover the WinMo stock interface, but you can't completely replace it. MS doesn't allow for that.
    apparently you don't even know enough to know that sense is for android, not winmo!

    Are you trying to sell me one?
    nope. just trying to quash some of the ignorance.
  18. #2738  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    Just had to post this since threads on here already declare the EVO the winner of a battle that hasn't even started yet. Most people who are saying they are going to the EVO need to pick up an android device and realize that the the best device is already in the "PALM" of their hands
    Okay then, not being a member of the 'troll' group (I own a Pre), I'm going to play devils advocate;

    You state that "....the best device is already in the "PALM" of their hands....", please enumerate all of the reasons why the PALM is the best. Without any quantifiable reasons your statement is simple assertion and won't hold up to any form of a reasoned argument.
  19. #2739  
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnoy View Post
    Okay then, not being a member of the 'troll' group (I own a Pre), I'm going to play devils advocate;

    You state that "....the best device is already in the "PALM" of their hands....", please enumerate all of the reasons why the PALM is the best. Without any quantifiable reasons your statement is simple assertion and won't hold up to any form of a reasoned argument.

    I agree with you! he gives no reason so it must be another kool aid drinker alert lol
  20. #2740  
    I doctored my Pre to 1.4 and it's been solid since. Also running at 600Mhz full-time with no problems. Sucks to be you dude!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions