View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 136 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3686126131132133134135136137138139140141146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 4493
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Really going to look at the new HTC EVO 4G when it comes out?

As much as I love WebOS, my god is it a buggy mess! I can't count on 2 hands the amount of times my phone will be sitting on a desk, full charge, I go to pick it up and it's just off... randomly. Now I have to wait 2 minutes for it to boot back on.

I could understand if I bumped the phone due to the battery issues, but just sitting there?

I surely hope Palm announces a new device to compete with the EVO 4G and be of superior build quality, because as soon as I start to like my Pre again it does something that just makes me hate it even more.

I know a lot of biased people will come in here and say they have excellent working Pre's but either they are lying or no better than the Apple ******* because I can't have the only Pre that does this constantly... it seems to have been intensified with 1.4 though, usually it only happened a couple times a month.

Ahh Palm, how I want you to succeed... but I surely don't weep a single tear if you fail cause you deserve it.
    The way you've written your post is very provocative and accusatory. It's not a good start to a thread and has generated quite a lot of hostility towards you... try to word your posts a little more diplomatically.

I've had my Pre since early November and it's turned itself off twice in that time. The only bug that I've been affected by is videos being overwritten. I don't deny other bugs have existed but they haven't affected me day to day.

webOS is a relatively new operating systems and there are going to be bugs. Android has experienced its fair share as has iPhone OS.

The userbase is partly to blame as they bully Palm into releasing updates before they're ready.
    Last edited by laze; 03/27/2010 at 05:26 PM.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Well, I want Palm to succeed too, but they have really back themselves into a corner. It did take a full year for android to really start to shine, but most android phones besides the G1 have had pretty solid hardware from what I have heard. Palm really hurt themselves without the hardware quality control.

They also made the mistake of releasing the Pixi, which doubled the amount of testing they needed to do for the software. They really should have just stuck with the Pre, and banged out software issues, and used all the money, time and effort they put into designing the Pixi into designing a new high end phone.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I know a lot of biased people will come in here and say they have excellent working Pre's but either they are lying or no better than the Apple ******* because I can't have the only Pre that does this constantly... it seems to have been intensified with 1.4 though, usually it only happened a couple times a month.
    I'm not sure which is worse -- calling me a liar or an Apple fangirl. I'm having no problems with my Pre.

Maybe it's you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I'm not sure which is worse -- calling me a liar or an Apple fangirl. I'm having no problems with my Pre.

Maybe it's you.
    +1 all my pre problems were caused by me
    I see a "good-bye" thread from the OP in the near future.
    we always have a choice....go get your device that works without a problem.Do you honestly think no one else have any problems,hell yea! We complain but we stick it out until the problem fix some how. Change your phone or shut the hell up about people lying about their phones. Amen.
    My Pre sucks. It's buggy, horrible build quality (falling apart on me, really), reboots at random, can't do anything I ask it to do. It's the worst POS I've ever owned.

Oh, wait, sorry: that's me lying.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Really, another damn thread about this....
    still on my first pre... Have had none of the problems you mention.. I bet you will not call me a liar to my face. I will assume user error for your problems....
    Launch day Pre here too, still working fine, hardware and software, loved the 1.4 update.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Well I know a few people who own Pre's all of which report similar things to what I'm experiencing.

Maybe you guys got lucky, maybe you don't really use your phones, or maybe you just don't really care about the bugs.

I just don't like thinking my phone is on only to realize it'd been off for god knows how long for no apparent reason. I've owned a Treo and Centro before this and NEVER have I had these kind of problems.

I don't understand how people can just live with buggy software and shiet hardware because it's '1st gen'. Have you people ever heard of quality control? Testing? You don't just put products out to production that are half-baked.

I've patiently waited for this stuff to get better, but it's been what almost 9 months and MANY people are still dealing with these issues? I mean come on now.. Again, I can and will patiently wait, I don't want to go to Android, but with all these new devices coming out by Summer I don't think I'd be able to hang on to this buggy Pre.

I don't understand why people get so defensive when people bring up valid issues about this phone having problems. 1) you didn't design the pre 2) you don't work for Palm 3) you have no stake in the company (at least most people don't). I'm not the only one, I've seen a plethora of threads with people tired of similar issues and in every thread they get attacked. Sometimes when everyone says the ship is sinking, it really is. It's always the same handful of people chiming in how wonderful their devices are... makes ya think.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    we always have a choice....go get your device that works without a problem.Do you honestly think no one else have any problems,hell yea! We complain but we stick it out until the problem fix some how. Change your phone or shut the hell up about people lying about their phones. Amen.
    Hey ********, get a clue. It's called a contract, and it lasts for 2 years (I have multiple Pre's on my account).

I can't just go up and buy a new phone unless I want to pay full price, and unless you want to spring for 80% of what a new device would cost please refrain from making any more asinine comments.
    Kind of funny, was working in LA a couple of days ago, had the Sprint Nav leading the way, pandora playing on my car's stereo and was thinking to my self how much I dig this phone, does everything I need a smartphone to do. My two kids Pre's that I purchased in June work fine too, no problems and they are also really happy with them. I don't think we are lucky, just the opposite, kinda think you are the unlucky one.
    Well I know a few people who own Pre's all of which report similar things to what I'm experiencing.

Maybe you guys got lucky, maybe you don't really use your phones, or maybe you just don't really care about the bugs.

I just don't like thinking my phone is on only to realize it'd been off for god knows how long for no apparent reason. I've owned a Treo and Centro before this and NEVER have I had these kind of problems.

I don't understand how people can just live with buggy software and shiet hardware because it's '1st gen'. Have you people ever heard of quality control? Testing? You don't just put products out to production that are half-baked.

I've patiently waited for this stuff to get better, but it's been what almost 9 months and MANY people are still dealing with these issues? I mean come on now.. Again, I can and will patiently wait, I don't want to go to Android, but with all these new devices coming out by Summer I don't think I'd be able to hang on to this buggy Pre.

I don't understand why people get so defensive when people bring up valid issues about this phone having problems. 1) you didn't design the pre 2) you don't work for Palm 3) you have no stake in the company (at least most people don't). I'm not the only one, I've seen a plethora of threads with people tired of similar issues and in every thread they get attacked. Sometimes when everyone says the ship is sinking, it really is. It's always the same handful of people chiming in how wonderful their devices are... makes ya think.
    Okay, now I am either lucky or delusional....or lying or a fangirl. Or maybe I'm just being defensive about a phone I didn't design or a company I don't work for or own stock in.

Oh, wait, maybe I just have not experienced the problems you are having. Maybe this is your problem, not mine.
    I'm not lying, I swear. I have a very good, stable Pre Plus. There are only 2 issues with it: 1, battery life (but I kinda expect that from a smartphone with push email and such), and 2, occasional double-keypresses. They don't happen too often, but it's a bit of a pain.

I only know one other Pre user, and the only problem she seems to have with her Sprint Pre is that the volume buttons came off and USB door fell off. Neither of which she cares too much about.
    so no one had the dreaded too many cards open error, pre stuck in headset mode, navigation unable to locate, camera not stuck on loading for a good while. OR emails not synching, contacts not being backup by google or palm profile, mute button not working along woth keyboard, power button and volume keys. OR (again) videos not being uploaded, yahoo IM unable to sign in, clock not being able to synch right after daylight and this cause calendar to be ahead an hour, youtube unable to load video, update saying to update even though I am in the current version, app update and the apps don't get updated, exchange problems, wifi issues.

well that names a few bugs I came across on and I heard about on these forums, but I still love my pre and these bugs to me are normal now a days.
    Quote Originally Posted by acekilla View Post
    so no one had the dreaded too many cards open error, pre stuck in headset mode, navigation unable to locate, camera not stuck on loading for a good while. OR emails not synching, contacts not being backup by google or palm profile, mute button not working along woth keyboard, power button and volume keys. OR (again) videos not being uploaded, yahoo IM unable to sign in, clock not being able to synch right after daylight and this cause calendar to be ahead an hour, youtube unable to load video, update saying to update even though I am in the current version, app update and the apps don't get updated, exchange problems, wifi issues.

well that names a few bugs I came across on and I heard about on these forums, but I still love my pre and these bugs to me are normal now a days.
    None of these bugs on Pre, sorry
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leroove View Post
    +10
    +1,000,000
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    The userbase is partly to blame as they bully Palm into releasing updates before they're ready.
    I really don't see Palm changing their update release dates based on a few emails and posts in user forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    *sigh* enough to know I don't care for it, and it slows the entire OS down. You can cover the WinMo stock interface, but you can't completely replace it. MS doesn't allow for that.

Are you trying to sell me one?
    just so you know, on Android SenseUI the only thing covering the OS is the homescreen since you can turn it off, but all the rest (browser, contacts, music player, pics, calendar etc.) is actually redone by HTC not hiding the stock one but replacing it since Android is open source and you can modify it to your liking unlike winmo where you have two versions of the same app (htc and stock.... disgusting) It slows the system down since all the improvements take more memory than the stock one

I hope the Snapdragon CPU makes it as fast as it should be, but i wish palm announces something worth sticking to WebOS for...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination