View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 135 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3585125130131132133134135136137138139140145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Last projection report I read listed 50+ Android phones expected this year. We already have 20 or so on various markets already. Yes, the Droid is popular within the Android market, but its just one phone. Total Android phone sales have already edged past the iPhone. It's a big market, and the Droid is just the biggest of the sellers in that OS category. That'll change eventually, once the honeymoon wears off.
    What...who...huh?

Again...where are these stats, my friend? I've never seen Android listed as equivalent to iPhone in marketshare or sales in any survey, NPD report, or any sort of official comparison. I'm not questioning your veracity....just astounded because I've never heard or read anyone else make these claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post

**queue fan-boy rants**
    Looks like you're well ahead of them.
    It's nice to see that the same, narrow minded, fans that shoot down anything that doesn't support the greatness of I-Phone, also exist here at Palm. It's funny how people are willing to compromise whatever standards they have for a phone (the hardware) in order to shoot down something that's seemingly better, spec wise. How many times have i read someone saying, "I have a few burnt out pixels, but that's ok.", or "My Pre resists quite often, but that's ok.", or "The battery life sucks, but that's ok." It's not ok! When have we adopted this low standard? Just to appease our loyalty to Palm and the WebOs (which is pretty outstanding)?

When the EVO comes out, I'm going to take a hard look at it, use it, and decide if I want to keep saying "but that's ok" for another year.
    Ah well, I'm probably looking in the wrong place, it happens. I just looked at another site that goes by OS versions, iPhone is still ahead, by about what the pic up there shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    You're right, but for the average person that gets swayed to Android by the marketing pressure, they're finding themselves limited to a portion of Android phones (HTC) because of an interface that really doesn't change the OS at all, it just makes it look prettier.
    sense does more than make the os pretty. it's more functional. you've not used a android sense phone in any meaningful sense, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    I'm not hating on Android; it's a great OS that simply doesn't have true multitasking.
    no matter how many times people say this, it's simply not true that it doesn't have true multitasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
    sense does more than make the os pretty. it's more functional. you've not used a android sense phone in any meaningful sense, have you?

*sigh* enough to know I don't care for it, and it slows the entire OS down. You can cover the WinMo stock interface, but you can't completely replace it. MS doesn't allow for that.

Are you trying to sell me one?
    ME!!! I love my PRE!!
    I like my Pre very much. It does what I need and more. I've been with Palm since before they were in phones, so I'm comfortable with the brand name. I was a little unnerved with no Desktop with the new Pre, but I'm over that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by scribe4food View Post
    When the EVO comes out, I'm going to take a hard look at it, use it, and decide if I want to keep saying "but that's ok" for another year.
    I'm having a good look at the EVO as well. Amazing specs but it's pretty useless over here in the UK as none of the carriers are 4G enabled (and probably wont be for a good while yet).

Hopefully by the time I upgrade, we will have a 4G service and then I will look again but for the meantime, I'm happy with my pre.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Really going to look at the new HTC EVO 4G when it comes out?

As much as I love WebOS, my god is it a buggy mess! I can't count on 2 hands the amount of times my phone will be sitting on a desk, full charge, I go to pick it up and it's just off... randomly. Now I have to wait 2 minutes for it to boot back on.

I could understand if I bumped the phone due to the battery issues, but just sitting there?

I surely hope Palm announces a new device to compete with the EVO 4G and be of superior build quality, because as soon as I start to like my Pre again it does something that just makes me hate it even more.

I know a lot of biased people will come in here and say they have excellent working Pre's but either they are lying or no better than the Apple ******* because I can't have the only Pre that does this constantly... it seems to have been intensified with 1.4 though, usually it only happened a couple times a month.

Ahh Palm, how I want you to succeed... but I surely don't weep a single tear if you fail cause you deserve it.
    Wow, you're the first person to say they were considering switching to the Evo 4G here.
    No buggy mess here. (And not lying either btw)
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    I know a lot of biased people will come in here and say they have excellent working Pre's but either they are lying or no better than the Apple ******* because I can't have the only Pre that does this constantly... it seems to have been intensified with 1.4 though, usually it only happened a couple times a month...
    What a stupidly assinine statement to make. My Pre is working fine. If you say I'm lying, I suspect two things of you, that you wouldn't say it to my face, and that you're an immature ***** to draw such a conclusion.

I have no doubt that you're having problems (see, I didn't have to call you a liar to acknowledge that); however, your experience is not not everyone's.

As to the rest of your rant; build quality or a buggy system? Or is this just another opportunity to pile on?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Wow, you're the first person to say they were considering switching to the Evo 4G here.
    And the neato mosquito thing about the Evo 4G is that it's going to be a revolutionary new device on a revolutionary new network is going to be absolutely bug-free on the release day.

Hoo boy!!!
    7 months and no problems here,,and I am not lying.
    My Pre started acting up with 1.4. Prior to 1.4, it was just fine. It's still a 1st gen device that is getting better but there were some bugs in 1.4. That being said, I'm still not trading in my Pre until I see what Palm unveils later this yr. If the EVO had WebOS on it, that would be a different story but going back to one task at a time is not possible at this time (Android).

Maybe Palm stumbled with 1.4 but at least I know that they will fix it. We started with 1.02 on launch day. We've come a long way since those days.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    you might be suffering from teh "loose battery" issue. Mine original and refurb warranty replacement pre need a little paper-wedge as the battery connection is a little loose. Without it, it might cause the phone to power-off. You could do a search on the forums for this common issue.
    2 Months... been through 3 Palm Pre's - All Software issues (forzen screens, shutting off ect.).... I have had a temp phone for the Palm Pre longer then I've had the Palm Pre.
    1.4 has been giving me some random restart, I had 2 yesterday morning. To say the least that is annoying.

I am still happy with my Pre, it is the best smartphone I have ever owned, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking at the EVO as a replacement. I am not sold on it software wise, but Palm is going to have to wow me on sprint to keep me from doing a 30 day test of it.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by stefhany67 View Post
    2 Months... been through 3 Palm Pre's - All Software issues (forzen screens, shutting off ect.).... I have had a temp phone for the Palm Pre longer then I've had the Palm Pre.
    Stick with the Pre, you are just unlucky that you purchased the phone and then 1.4 hit. 1.4 brought some problems but the next update should fix them.