View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 134 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3484124129130131132133134135136137138139144184 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 4493
    Meh..........WebOS is by far the best user experience out there for a phone, and yeah, I've tried all the major players. Android's ok, I guess, but it's awfully clunky without a brand-designed UI to cover up the mess. Kinda like putting a fancy tablecloth over a dented card table.

I've never found a product that's perfect. I'm perfectly willing to wait until a new product comes along.........but if I'd never tried the first version in the first place, I wouldn't know what to wait FOR. That's not to say I'll just jump blindly on the next WebOS phone, I'll wait and see what early adopters have to say, but I'll certainly give it a hard look. I try not to be a sheep, I'd much rather get what works for me, rather than be suckered into the latest and greatest, just to get screwed in the end. Palm's been good to me so far, I don't have any real reason to believe they won't come through again. If I get mad over something I'm just going to replace in a year or so and vow never to buy another product again, the only person I wind up hurting is me.
    well said
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    People can get whatever phone they feel like.....looking at the phone landscape the way I see it now C40 is for me...
    if the C40 materializes
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Troll or not, I will keep on complaining until I get a webOS phone that doesn't have cracks.

Yes, I lived with the loose battery, oreo, the breaking-off USB door, because I knew all along that I bought this phone for the OS. Just like how I stuck to my 1st gen MacBook that also cracks and auto-shut-offs. That's how important software is to me.

Why do I continue complaining? Because I want to show friends how nice webOS is, yet it's a very hard sell to tell friends to "go get a cracking phone".

I will only shut up when I've given up on Palm, which is not going to happen in the near future. We want Palm to hear loud and clear that their next phone needs to be solid.

Android? I came from Palm OS, and I have a very hard time getting used to a widget oriented interface. WIMAX is a city only thing, why should I care?
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    haha. i bought this phone on release day cause it was the best sprint phone available. thanks to sprint, on june 6 i will be buying with full discount the best phone sprint has available on that date. ps im no troll.
    Yeah i hear you. Most of us are up in June here. I Just hope the c40 or whatever it will be will be out this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Meh..........WebOS is by far the best user experience out there for a phone, and yeah, I've tried all the major players. Android's ok, I guess, but it's awfully clunky without a brand-designed UI to cover up the mess. Kinda like putting a fancy tablecloth over a dented card table.
    the enhancements to android is not really any different than all the patches we apply to the pre - except that the better ui's on the android (i'm thinking htc here)- is built, maintained, and supported by the manufacture of the phone. :P
    wrong place to make this thread lol

I got where the next best phone is no palm fan here just a webos lover. So lets see wat phone is coming this summer for me and I'll make my choice when my sprint primere renewal is up
    Quote Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
    the enhancements to android is not really any different than all the patches we apply to the pre - except that the better ui's on the android (i'm thinking htc here)- is built, maintained, and supported by the manufacture of the phone. :P
    You're right, but for the average person that gets swayed to Android by the marketing pressure, they're finding themselves limited to a portion of Android phones (HTC) because of an interface that really doesn't change the OS at all, it just makes it look prettier. WebOS has that pretty built in out of the box. Patches, at least the ones I've used, just add some core functionality, but don't touch the actual experience. My date next to clock patch only adds a line of text, but nothing else. We're willing, here, to root the phone, install user-developed software to make the patches work, and tweak to our heart's content. We're the minority. Everybody else wants that out of the box, and TBH, WebOS does that. That's a strong reason why the iPhone is so darn popular, its got all the features, tied-in GUI awesomeness, and functionality right from the get-go, everything else is just gravy if you want it, and its the same across all models. Buying a 3Gs doesn't add features to the end-user workings that the 3G doesn't have.
    I stuck with Treos since day one and I'll be with the Pre for the foreseeable future.

My only complaint is with the cheap POS material they used to make the screen. I am a heavy phone user during the day but ironically I am not a "babyier" of my phone either - I dont want to slather it in screen protectors or take it in and out of a case 100 times a day. in Gen2 or whatever you want to call it I would love to see a nicer screen material.

Otherwise, a solid A from me for the first 9 months....
    You're right, but for the average person that gets swayed to Android by the marketing pressure, they're finding themselves limited to a portion of Android phones (HTC) because of an interface that really doesn't change the OS at all, it just makes it look prettier. WebOS has that pretty built in out of the box. Patches, at least the ones I've used, just add some core functionality, but don't touch the actual experience. My date next to clock patch only adds a line of text, but nothing else. We're willing, here, to root the phone, install user-developed software to make the patches work, and tweak to our heart's content. We're the minority. Everybody else wants that out of the box, and TBH, WebOS does that. That's a strong reason why the iPhone is so darn popular, its got all the features, tied-in GUI awesomeness, and functionality right from the get-go, everything else is just gravy if you want it, and its the same across all models. Buying a 3Gs doesn't add features to the end-user workings that the 3G doesn't have.
    Um...isn't the most popular Android handset - by far - a vanilla Android OS 2.0 device not built by HTC?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Um...isn't the most popular Android handset - by far - a vanilla Android OS 2.0 device not built by HTC?
    For a single phone? Yeah, the Droid is the current leader. It's not the only Android phone out there though, and overall HTC phones with the SenseUI have a much larger market share. The Droid's common complaint is it's too "droid-ish", I think it's got a feel and look too close to Windows 95...........Motorola actually has had five Android phones out, the Backflip is the newest, with the Motoblur interface. That's my point, though. If you want Android, you have to dig through a pile of phones with different GUI's to find one that's either easy to use, looks good, or is stripped down. WebOS will be the same no matter what phone it lands on (if that happens) as the GUI is an integral part of the system.
    For a single phone? Yeah, the Droid is the current leader. It's not the only Android phone out there though, and overall HTC phones with the SenseUI have a much larger market share. The Droid's common complaint is it's too "droid-ish", I think it's got a feel and look too close to Windows 95...........Motorola actually has had five Android phones out, the Backflip is the newest, with the Motoblur interface. That's my point, though. If you want Android, you have to dig through a pile of phones with different GUI's to find one that's either easy to use, looks good, or is stripped down. WebOS will be the same no matter what phone it lands on (if that happens) as the GUI is an integral part of the system.
    Where on Earth are you getting your Android device market share figures from? I truly would like to know.

Anyway, no one has to "dig" through a pile of phones. Every carrier that carries Android has a vanilla Android phone and they also have one or more mod UI phones (MOTOBLUR, Sense UI, TouchWiz, etc.). It's called selection. Just find whatever you like.
    The EVO does look like a great phone (and deserves every right to be called Sprint's flagship phone), but I'm sticking with WebOS for now.

My girlfriend has a Hero and, using it occasionally, I really miss multitasking. Last night I was helping her with posting a craigslist ad and had to jump back and forth from email to web. It was a bit of a hassle to be in the email app, then have to click HOME and go to web, then go back HOME and go to email, etc.

I'm not hating on Android; it's a great OS that simply doesn't have true multitasking.
    I will stick with WebOS because I like the OS, but I really would like to see it on some newer hardware. My Pre currently (once it gets Flash) will do all I need it to do. It has replaced my need to carry multiple devices (camera / gps / gameboy / psp / etc.) , and does what I need it to. I don't really need to edit documents on the go and I knew what the phone was capable of before I bought it. Thanks to Preware and to some extent the apps that are in the catalog it has become even more. And yes bugs can be annoying sometimes and thanks to all the users on this forum (finally helping instead of just complaining) it is becoming easier and easier to beat the bugs long before Palm does.
    Back to your bridge evil troll you have no powers here.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    The EVO does look like a great phone (and deserves every right to be called Sprint's flagship phone), but I'm sticking with WebOS for now.

My girlfriend has a Hero and, using it occasionally, I really miss multitasking. Last night I was helping her with posting a craigslist ad and had to jump back and forth from email to web. It was a bit of a hassle to be in the email app, then have to click HOME and go to web, then go back HOME and go to email, etc.

I'm not hating on Android; it's a great OS that simply doesn't have true multitasking.
    No mobile OS has true multitasking as we think of it in computer usage terms. The WebOS card interface is the equivalent of having to minimize every app you're working on to see everything that's running. Yes, you can use advanced gestures to swipe directly to the app to the left of you or right of you, but you are limited to those two apps. Additionally, every browser window must run in its own separate instance instead of being integrated and multitabbed like the stock and third party Android browsers. You can't multitask video. Processes still run after you flick away cards, eating up memory. So on and so on.

If you were using the Hero, you merely had to hold down the home button for two seconds, then tap mail. Then, do the same and tap Web.

Palm should really find a way to steal the hardware of Samsung's Galaxy S. It has the nextgen version of the PowerVR GPU chip already in the device, along with a stable 1GHZ Cortex A8 chip. SuperAMOLED screen. HD Video. 5 megapixel camera. SWYPE onscreen keyboard. 4-inch screen.

WebOS on THAT would more than rival the Evo.
    I have just received my Pre on O2 and I have to say, I am happy with it.

I don't understand why people try to be fanboyish though. It's a phone. It reminds me of the games console ones. If you don't like it, move on. Nobody is going to come down and smite you for not liking something.

The only problem I am going to have is if Palm go bust and O2 withdraw support. Am I right in thinking that if that is the case, I will be eligible for an upgrade? I mean, if O2 start point blankly to refuse to deal with any problems, they would have to offer one.... Right?

But overall, I am very happy with it. After using entry level phones for years, the keyboard's small keys are no problem for me and while the hardware could be a little better (when screen is slid down mine wobbles a wee bit), it's something I can put up with (unless it goes a lot worse before easter sunday)
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    Just had to post this since threads on here already declare the EVO the winner of a battle that hasn't even started yet. Most people who are saying they are going to the EVO need to pick up an android device and realize that the the best device is already in the "PALM" of their hands
    WebOS is SICK, Beautiful, Awesome, etc. etc. etc.

But the Palm Pre phone (which I've been one of the lucky few to have NO ISSUES WITH hardware wise)...kinda of sucks.

Put WebOS on a phone with the specs of the Evo and you have an AWESOME phone that would lead the market.

Palm WebOS = FTW
    Palm Pre = Eh

This is the reason why I am going to Evo. I want better hardware, even if Android is uglier and not as nice as WebOS.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Where on Earth are you getting your Android device market share figures from? I truly would like to know.

Anyway, no one has to "dig" through a pile of phones. Every carrier that carries Android has a vanilla Android phone and they also have one or more mod UI phones (MOTOBLUR, Sense UI, TouchWiz, etc.). It's called selection. Just find whatever you like.
    Last projection report I read listed 50+ Android phones expected this year. We already have 20 or so on various markets already. Yes, the Droid is popular within the Android market, but its just one phone. Total Android phone sales have already edged past the iPhone. It's a big market, and the Droid is just the biggest of the sellers in that OS category. That'll change eventually, once the honeymoon wears off.