View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 133 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3383123128129130131132133134135136137138143183 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    I actually like the keyboard after a while of getting used to it. These hardware issues aren't as big as you think. I like the hardware of the palm. The keyboard works just fine for me.
    the hardware design is fine. the actual build quality is a little iffy. we all konw about the infamous oreo-o-death, which many pres had from brand new (mine's developed it recently, after being pretty solid for some 9 months). i've had my hardware replaced because the volume keys stopped working. now my power button is getting a little unresponsive. my keyboard (which i like in general) keys have been noticeably "clickier" recently, so i don't have high hopes for its longevity. and my usb door has been bulging out for the better part of 7 months, even though i rarely use it (i have a touchstone).
    My first launch pre was awesome. Very very solid. I fried i on the first round of the smart reflex patches 600mhz that came out. After that i got a 2nd pre that had the volume keys issue. I swapped that and i have been on this pre for the past 5 months. It is very very solid. No issues or oreoing. I think the first couple thousand in between the launch and now had some bad apples. This happens with everything though when it first comes out. Remember how delicate those iphone screens were?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I have been a big web OS support from day one and have hit the twittershpere big time with my praise. But the problem is I think the many of "trolls" are real people with real problems.

I have always thought the pre hardware was kinda on the cheap side, but that the OS was amazing enough to overlook the hardware. However, with 1.4 I have been having issues that make my phone almost unusable, too many cards has started coming up way too often with few or no cards open, google maps seems to take forever to load now, when trying to dial a number from google maps it puts a + in front of the number and will not dial correctly (not sure if this is a 1.4 issue or not). I cant even play many of the amazing 3D games without restarting the phone. This makes it really difficult to try to sell friends the phone, "look at this awesome game I can play, oh hang on I will get back to you in two minutes", so much for grassroots marketing. I know that there is a fix coming for most of these issues soon, but it does not seem like a very good sign when software is realesed with so many major bugs.

Yes, I love multi-tasking and the overall concept and feel of the OS is the best out there. But the execution and user experience is just not there yet and is not showing signs of getting much better.

I will never buy an iphone, I need an open platform. Android to me is just OK, the overall feel is kinda boring and I don't really like the whole multi home screen thing, but it appears fast and stable which is key for day to day use.

Now there is new hardware one the horizon that seems like it will run faster, be more stable and add a bunch of new crazy cool features, it is going to be tough for me to be loyal. Don't get me wrong, I not going to buy the EVO day one (learned my lesson on the pre), but if palm does not come out with something soon there after i think I am going to have to jump.

Maybe some of you are not having issues, or are just very patient, but I am not sure how anyone can be happy with the OS right now as it seems to have gotten worse not better. I am worried that even on new amazing hardware they are not going to have the stability and speed issues worked out.

Palm you need to announce new hardware soon and need to deliver on the amazing concept know as webOS. I just hope they have the money to do it right this time.

Oh and I love the touchstone too....I would really miss that. Please Palm make a cool new phone soon!!!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Man I'm tired of all this fan*** crap. It is what works for you. It is just a damn phone.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    It's not the software, it's the hardware. The Pre feels... well... cheap. If Palm puts out any more rickety equipment like the Pre, it's game over for them. Give me a WebOS device with hardware equivalent to the Sprint HTC Evo 4g and we'll talk. And yes, I live in a 4g area.

**queue fan-boy rants**
    +1000
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykatta View Post
    To me, these boards shouldn't be. "Pre-talk Only", it should be "Pre OWNERS Talk Only".. Every one of us believed in the Pre at first, so if some are disappointed then it does good for Palm and the users to hear what went wrong. A rant about how they're ditching the Pre because of X, Y, and Z reasons is much more useful than a Pre owner just leaving with no indication why.
    I just thought this bears repeating.

Face it, the past 9 months of the Pre's existence have been disheartening but the one bright spot is the community that's spawned from it. I, personally, am interested in seeing which platform kittykatta or dbd or cardfan moves to and their reasons for doing so.
    I just got my O2 Palm Pre and I am loving the OS, it feels silky smooth compared to other phones I have tested out, and I just like its style.

I had my last phone for 5 years (P910i) and I think that when it comes, I will only be looking to upgrade to the Pre Plus if it comes to the UK
    Install JSTop, swipe over the extra phone/camera threads running around that are lagging, delete. then run your game.

JSTOP JSTOP JSTOP. i cant say it enough. I never had to reboot my phone to play a game. If i get too many cards, i launch JStop and clear my memory and then go at it again..

One time though i was so bogged that JStop itself would not open. That required a reboot. Other than that, i dont see too many cards as an issue.

Reboot phone daily
    Run JStop when needed
    I agree though before i used JStop rebooting the phone when trying to run NFS did suck. for the normal non-savvy user out there this has to be frustrating. But this is mainly happening for sprint users. That extra ram is much needed. The software here is clearly light years ahead of the hardware. So much so that it lets you do whatever you want on little resources. Put more resources there, touch up some of the UI a bit here and there and we got another winner.
    personally when i heard 4g android blah blah blah, i was excited all most eager to switch. but im in the same boat as pre master no matter what phone i swap to i just come running back. web os is the bees knees as far as im concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
    some of you palm apologists need to realize that many of us are already very familiar with android. i have both a palm pre and a htc hero on my account, and my next phone will most likely be a android phone. web os is nice, and i like my pre, but i also like android and *really* like a lot of the android hardware coming out. different strokes for different folks, eh?
    +13,000,000,000,000

I'm so tired of people around here acting like WebOS is the Hatfields and Android is the McCoys.

It's fine to have a preference, but don't be so obstinate that you don't think WebOS can learn a trick or two from things done better in Android and vice versa.

You don't have to slag Android all day to prove your loyalty to your Pre. It'll power up even if you glance at other hardware admiringly.

Honest it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    +13,000,000,000,000

I'm so tired of people around here acting like WebOS is the Hatfields and Android is the McCoys.

It's fine to have a preference, but don't be so obstinate that you don't think WebOS can learn a trick or two from things done better in Android and vice versa.

You don't have to slag Android all day to prove your loyalty to your Pre. It'll power up even if you glance at other hardware admiringly.

Honest it will.
    I have both Android and webOS phones. anyone want to flame me? I'm in the mood for a troll-feast.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    I have both Android and webOS phones. anyone want to flame me? I'm in the mood for a troll-feast.
    If you put the phones next to each other do they fight?
    unixpsyco you know no one would dare flame one the webOS gods. Blasphemy is not allowed in precentral. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    unixpsyco you know no one would dare flame one the webOS gods. Blasphemy is not allowed in precentral. :-)

LMAO!

I sometimes put both phones together and duke it out. There are nice things about both. Multitasking is the "Game Over" tho. Live wallpapers gets old real quick.
    Live free or DIE!
    I definitely don't see it as trolling, I don't owe allegiance to any product, whatever works best for me I will use, and right now that is my pre
    This signature for rent
    Love my Pre, but the hardware on the Evo? Really nice. I'll probably end up buying one since while I LOVE WebOS, I could use the horsepower and expandable storage. And I don't really do much 3D gaming. I'll probably come back to WebOS once it matures a little bit more.
    All the EVO talk just shows what the electronic industry has started and wants to perpetuate. Devices that dazzle only to be outdone just around the corner so consumers will want to upgrade again.

I'm a gadget freak and the EVO sure has caught my eye. It doesn't have WebOS which is too bad but if it wasnt for the phenomena I might have not gotten into the pre. I was perfectly happy with my Blackberry and even told myself there was no reason to upgrade, it did everything I needed it to. Then about April of last year the gadget junky in me began reading about this phone that Palm was releasing in June. Well, the rest of the story is June 6th came around and my Blackberry was replaced with a Pre and here I am.
    The purpose of this forum to me is discussion about the Pre, problem resolution and learning how to use it. If you plan on leaving because its not your cup of tea, no worries. We'll close the door gently behind you and bid you a fond farewell. Perhaps an "Official I'm dumping my Pre" thread is needed for those genuinely already decided. And if you're undecided, then by all means post your concerns, but expect people to defend the Pre here. Most of us are here because we're avid users.

One thing I'd LOVE to see though is a separate "how Palm is doing" board. Lets get all the prophets of gloom and doom their own home so they can whine and cry about low stock prices and not clog up the bandwidth here with stuff like that. Its not really specifically "Pre related" and the typical Pre user doesn't care that Palm stock dropped .00002 or whatever yesterday. We just want to make our Pre's perform at their best.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    I've said it other places and I'll say it here again. Palm is on the ropes right now and my main concern is if Palm will maintain support of larger companies to put out apps. I mean we are still waiting on docs 2 go. It has almost been a year. Android currently has that support and there are people who signed up with a Pre/Pixi expected that support to come to fruition. If that doesn't happen, Palm will see a lot of people changing platforms.

As far as hardware goes, HTC is pumping out some amazing looking phones. Palm needs to learn a bit from them when releasing (hopefully) their new handset.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!