View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    197 70.36%
  • No

    40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

    37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

    28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 132 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3282122127128129130131132133134135136137142182 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 4493
  1. #2621  
    Just had to post this since threads on here already declare the EVO the winner of a battle that hasn't even started yet. Most people who are saying they are going to the EVO need to pick up an android device and realize that the the best device is already in the "PALM" of their hands
  2. #2622  
    Shouldn't be dating trolls to begin with.


  3. #2623  
    +1
    Love webOS, even if I only have a Pre and not a Pre+
  4. #2624  
    there's no such thing as a "best device", only a "best device for me". So rather than getting offended at a strangers personal opinions then just relax and enjoy the fact that you found your perfect phone. Many people tried to love the pre but it didn't work out so they'll try something else. It's not a big deal.
  5. #2625  
    If they want to go, let them. They should be happy with their device. I personally like the hw of the EVO 4G. I still want to see the hw performance (battery life, Outlook capability which will not be available at launch for the EVO, synching options, etc).

    Place WebOS with that type of HW and it would rule. That's a flagship phone. I'm not too jealous of it having Android OS but the hw is impressive on the specs.

    I'll wait to see what Palm unveils later this yr. I don't think it'll have up to 720p vid capability but I'd like to see what hw / form-factor they will release. WebOS is just too good to me for me to jump to the latest & greatest. Yes, our Pre hw leaves much to be desired (especially on the quality side). It's a major drawback to our Palm devices. I hope Palm impresses with new hw because WebOS had me at launch.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6. #2626  
    It's not the software, it's the hardware. The Pre feels... well... cheap. If Palm puts out any more rickety equipment like the Pre, it's game over for them. Give me a WebOS device with hardware equivalent to the Sprint HTC Evo 4g and we'll talk. And yes, I live in a 4g area.

    **queue fan-boy rants**
  7. leroove's Avatar
    Posts
    122 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #2627  
    It's not the software, it's the hardware. The Pre feels... well... cheap. If Palm puts out any more rickety equipment like the Pre, it's game over for them. Give me a WebOS device with hardware equivalent to the Sprint HTC Evo 4g and we'll talk. And yes, I live in a 4g area.
    +10
  8. #2628  
    I'll use rickety until HTC finally makes a phone with webOS
  9. #2629  
    btw nice troll pic. remember when wearing them as a necklace was the stuff?
  10. #2630  
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Shouldn't be dating trolls to begin with.


    I'd hit that...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  11. #2631  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Yes, our Pre hw leaves much to be desired (especially on the quality side). It's a major drawback to our Palm devices. I hope Palm impresses with new hw because WebOS had me at launch.
    So, would you say the hardware is the "Achilles Heel" of the Pre?

    "Ha! I kill me!" -- Alf
  12. #2632  
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykatta View Post
    there's no such thing as a "best device", only a "best device for me". So rather than getting offended at a strangers personal opinions then just relax and enjoy the fact that you found your perfect phone. Many people tried to love the pre but it didn't work out so they'll try something else. It's not a big deal.
    What's annoying is that there are so many, many threads from people announcing how awesome the Evo is and how Palm is so behind because they've not released webOS on Evo and how Evo will kill Palm and how Palm should go ahead and give up because Evo is so awesome and how Evo shows that Palm sucks and how if Palm doesn't release something like Evo by the time Evo is released then THEY'RE LEAVING WEBOS!!!

    I mean, seriously: how many times does this need to be said? And, how many times does this need to be said in the Pre forum, when there's another forum expressly made for just that purpose? Hell, even I think the Evo's pretty cool, and I'm about as big a Palm Pre webOS ****** cheerleader as there is--but I just don't see any purpose in coming to the Pre forum to talk about it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  13. #2633  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    It's not the software, it's the hardware. The Pre feels... well... cheap
    I'll go as far as to say that If the Pre hardware wasn't so terrible then most of the EVO switchers wouldn't even bother with it.

    Think about it. Many of us spent $200 for the Pre and only a year later we're dying to spend another $2-300?

    If it were only software issues most of us could wait it out, but hardware can never be improved without buying a whole new device. So the amount of people leaving is a huge indication of how much people dissatisfaction is purely due to the hardware.

    It's really amazing how badly Palms name has been tarnished all because of poor build quality.
  14. #2634  
    I'm sticking with my Pre until its time to renew my contract or the computer gods take it. Either way, I hope that Palm will have a solid device I can replace it with.
  15. #2635  
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    I'm sticking with my Pre until its time to renew my contract or the computer gods take it. Either way, I hope that Palm will have a solid device I can replace it with.
    I can agree with that. I like WebOS. There are issues, but as kittykatta mentioned, software issues can be patched. Hardware is for life, or contract renewal, which ever comes first.
  16. #2636  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    Just had to post this since threads on here already declare the EVO the winner of a battle that hasn't even started yet. Most people who are saying they are going to the EVO need to pick up an android device and realize that the the best device is already in the "PALM" of their hands
    some of you palm apologists need to realize that many of us are already very familiar with android. i have both a palm pre and a htc hero on my account, and my next phone will most likely be a android phone. web os is nice, and i like my pre, but i also like android and *really* like a lot of the android hardware coming out. different strokes for different folks, eh?
  17. #2637  
    I actually like the keyboard after a while of getting used to it. These hardware issues aren't as big as you think. I like the hardware of the palm. The keyboard works just fine for me.

    Also a hardware issue isn't "EVO Has 4G, EVO has a bigger screen"

    That is not a hardware issue. That is an "I want a phone that will be released in 6 months to have all the specs as my 1 year old phone or else im leaving"

    thats unrealistic expectations. the same reason you don't take your girl to a romantic comedy.
  18. #2638  
    Now i would love some new hardware especially on an HTC type device. HTC has the best build quality hands down. That would be PB&J If they made a phone. I would be first in line.
  19. #2639  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Hell, even I think the Evo's pretty cool, and I'm about as big a Palm Pre webOS ****** cheerleader as there is--but I just don't see any purpose in coming to the Pre forum to talk about it.
    As you are well aware, people just want to be heard. It's all psychological I guess, but we like to think that our opinion matters and that's why people get overly heated out here.

    To me, these boards shouldn't be. "Pre-talk Only", it should be "Pre OWNERS Talk Only".. Every one of us believed in the Pre at first, so if some are disappointed then it does good for Palm and the users to hear what went wrong. A rant about how they're ditching the Pre because of X, Y, and Z reasons is much more useful than a Pre owner just leaving with no indication why.
  20. #2640  
    PoundSand you are right. i need to not slam android as much but i know some of these people here never even picked one up. A lot of people i know bought the droid without even really knowing it was an android device. It just has killer marketing.

    I just cant bring myself to touch anything else after using the droid, the iphone, heck i even swapped my friends nokia for a week. I really like google sky though.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions