View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 131 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3181121126127128129130131132133134135136141181 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    If you though battery life on the Pre was bad... Wait until you've had a 4G wimax phone! I imagine its constant search for the wimax (2.5ghz?) signals will make the issue worse, especially indoors.
    Because when your phone is on a 2G (1xRTT) connection your battery life all of a sudden goes to hell? No.
    yeah i was wondering that myself, since wimax is kinda weak at the moment,It must try hard to search for a signal. I hope he reports back if that is the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Often I have to tap 2, 3 or more times for my tap to even register.
    u must have a defected one or gotta doctor...that doesnt happen to me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    u must have a defected one or gotta doctor...that doesnt happen to me
    It happens mainly when something else within the app is still loading or WebOS hasn't "caught up".
    It happens mainly when something else within the app is still loading or WebOS hasn't "caught up".
    like i said...that doesnt happen to me sorry for your misfortune with ur pre
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Android is slow? I suggest you watch this then: http://j.mp/ahLVfP
    I have a Droid Eris AND a Pre - my android IS slow!! I love both phones, but the Android freezes a lot
    I don't have to tap on anything 2 or 3 times for it to register, mine works perfectly fine first tab around. If you happen to try to open something just when an email or a text message comes in, then it might slow noticeably.

We'll know more when the Supersonic comes out.
    Sayonara, just remember goodbye doesn't mean forever!
    Last edited by kinster02; 03/23/2010 at 02:16 AM.
    wooooooooaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.....slow down guys. No need to bash. I LOVE webOS,and the pre. If Palm came out with the same screen size and specs, I would be drooling over that instead. The point is the Supersonic is sexy and I can't wait to get it. If Palm steps up thier game and releases something similar I would have no problem switching to that.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Make sure you compare where webOS is at, at the time you switch to the supersonic and not where webOS was.......DEAL

Tired of hearing comparisons of new versions of other platforms OS's (android/apple,ect) versus what webOS was 6mos ago, atleast take the latest and greatest and not the oldest and buggyest.
    I love the Pre, but the Supersonic is damn sexy and has nice specs. That doesn't mean it will perform well. I might consider getting one once it's been out for a month or two.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Wow, June is only three months away. I am guessing at this point I will end up going past the year mark with my Pre so I am in no hurry to get the Supersonic. Also I am not in a 4G area, though I would travel to some once in a while. Still, sounds like a kickbutt phone.
    hopefully dan hesse slips up and says the supersonic is the first 4g phone to be released in the summer.
    Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area but I didn't want to start an entire new thread for just this.

Here's the deal:

I got a Pre in November 09 and I absolutely love it, then about 3 weeks ago the touch feature went all crazy and would only let me use touch if it was plugged in to charge. So I took it to Sprint and they ordered me another one.

The one they gave me worked fine until I did the 1.4 update. After the update was installed I was only able to hear calls if I had the caller on speakerphone. I couldn't even hear the phone ring! So then I took that back to Sprint and they gave me another one.

So I picked up my new one on Friday and again it worked fine...until I did the 1.4 update. Now everything works okay but my battery life is almost non exisistant. I MAYBE get 5 hours of battery life from the time I take if off the charger until the time it is completely dead. I've done all the "tips and tricks" like turning off GPS and WiFi, setting my email retrieval to manual, putting the screen on a dim percentage of 30% and turn off after 30 seconds of idle, and I'm only connecting to the Spring network.

I'm not sure what else I can do. the previous two Pre's I had always lasted me the entire day...I don't surf the web that much I don't use my gps..I basically just use text and phone and the ocassional facebook app.

If I can't resolve this pretty soon, I think I'm just going to have to switch phones which I would hate because I love the Pre so much...I just can't catch a break though no matter how many new ones they give me! Anyone have any suggestions? (sorry that took so long to write out!)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Sorry Pre, it was really fun while it lasted. The Supersonic is a BEAST. Ican't wait to get it!
    If I want a BEAST i'll get a laptop.. Lol. Plus with so many different versions of android and hardware, have fun using software written for the lowest common denominator.
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Android is slow? I suggest you watch this then: http://j.mp/ahLVfP
    Sorry, I don't need to watch anything, I tested Droid many times. Owned Hero for a month. Browser on the android platform is not up there with WebOS. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by benly52 View Post
    The screen is too big for a front pocket... I Don't know about you.. but I won't be carrying this thing in a man purse or anything...

If it had a smaller screen, i'd get it.

The SS is designed to be worn on your belt like a true nerd phone. LOL
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I would rather have a fantastic web browser than apps anyday. Most apps just get info from the web, they are middle-men.
    beginning to hate palm. i am currently waiting for my 4th-FOURTH! pre. all 3 have had manufacturer defects, the last one fell apart. i think they forgot to put two of the screws in to hold it together. two screws fwell out and it split in half. unbelievable. the phone is built like total crap. i have loved it but for the 4 months i have had my contract, ive gone 6 weeks without the ******* phone. been waiting two weeks for a replacement from palm....piece of sh#t company and phone. before this i had no experience with palm. its not going well. before this last one fell apart i had even started learning html so i could one day develop apps for it. sad. as soon as i have a credit on my acct for a new phone im bailing as of this point. well, maybe if the next one lasts for more than a month i will consider sticking around...
    Quote Originally Posted by prequan View Post
    beginning to hate palm. i am currently waiting for my 4th-FOURTH! pre. all 3 have had manufacturer defects, the last one fell apart. i think they forgot to put two of the screws in to hold it together. two screws fwell out and it split in half. unbelievable. the phone is built like total crap. i have loved it but for the 4 months i have had my contract, ive gone 6 weeks without the ******* phone. been waiting two weeks for a replacement from palm....piece of sh#t company and phone. before this i had no experience with palm. its not going well. before this last one fell apart i had even started learning html so i could one day develop apps for it. sad. as soon as i have a credit on my acct for a new phone im bailing as of this point. well, maybe if the next one lasts for more than a month i will consider sticking around...
    u just got bad luck...sorry to hear about it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!