View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 130 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3080120125126127128129130131132133134135140180 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 4493
    oh thats sad, goodbye. Couldn't have been that fun.. everyone of your posts is Pre bashing.. Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    bye!
    Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya!

Have fun with that thing and that clusterf*** of an operating system. Android makes any processor feel slow, I just saw a video of the Sony Experia X10 or whatever it's called, and that was partially pretty damn sluggish, no iPhone smoothness there. And that thing ran 1.6 still!
    It's not even announced yet. How do you know Palm wouldn't have a device of equal or greater value by the time the Supersonic goes on sale? Funny how everyone is already jumping on the bandwagon before the phone's release date, price and availability is announced.

I definitely want to upgrade come June/July, so Palm better have something for that time frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya!

Have fun with that thing and that clusterf*** of an operating system. Android makes any processor feel slow, I just saw a video of the Sony Experia X10 or whatever it's called, and that was partially pretty damn sluggish, no iPhone smoothness there. And that thing ran 1.6 still!
    Yea, Android is pretty slow. I wonder how their app catalog took off? My girlfriend has one and she had to delete all her text messages because it took like 30 seconds to open the inbox. Granted she had over 3k, but with my phone I had about the same with no problems.

She also runs into erratic sluggish behavior. Even with a fast processor and lots of RAM, Android manages to slow it down..
    Android is slow? I suggest you watch this then: http://j.mp/ahLVfP
    will you report back on the build quality and battery usage?
    Good luck!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I have talked all my friends into getting a Pre and they all love theirs, although I must say, none of them uses the phone to its fullest like I do. One friend is an exception, but then again, he always does things his own little way. He can't wait for the Supersonic to come out, and why? Because he is a system spec worshipper. Oh it's got that much memory, uuuh it has a snapdragon...pfft....he knows almost nothing about Android. How do I know this? I went with him to check out the Hero (that was one mistake I prevented him from making), and he had no clue how to use Android, and yet, he is salavating over the SuperSonic like a Apple fan over the ipad.

I do admit though, I can't wait to see the review videos of that thing in action. I just hope Palm will have some goodness for us in store soon!
    good luck.. Personally i think i'm going to be satisfied with the 800mhz patch.. But what ever works for you..
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I did.

All you measure is opening the Apps. We all know the Pre is not that fast at opening apps. Google Maps on the Pre is horrific, but that's because it is a web based app and not a native one. Seeing how Google makes Android, I expected the Google Maps App on Android to be fast.

The multitasking on Android looks cumbersome, much nicer on the Pre. All other apps you showed opening up didn't have that big of a difference in speed.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Good, go get your HTC Supertraitor..
    I did.

All you measure is opening the Apps. We all know the Pre is not that fast at opening apps. Google Maps on the Pre is horrific, but that's because it is a web based app and not a native one. Seeing how Google makes Android, I expected the Google Maps App on Android to be fast.

The multitasking on Android looks cumbersome, much nicer on the Pre. All other apps you showed opening up didn't have that big of a difference in speed.
    Give me something to demo, that's on both platforms. The difference is significant across the board. Even touch input on the Pre is sluggish in comparison. Often I have to tap 2, 3 or more times for my tap to even register.
    I did.

All you measure is opening the Apps.

bingo!
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
    I suppose in those cases you do have a point. However, the entire Hero experience feels sluggish, jittery, and moving a the speed of crap after prolonged use. My Pre seems to always be ready to do something else, where the Hero seems ready to just do sense and nothing else.

Although I'd have to agree with on Google Maps. My Google Maps takes at least a full minute to load. I don't think Google Maps and webOS like eachother.
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    I suppose in those cases you do have a point. However, the entire Hero experience feels sluggish, jittery, and moving a the speed of crap after prolonged use. My Pre seems to always be ready to do something else, where the Hero seems ready to just do sense and nothing else.

Although I'd have to agree with on Google Maps. My Google Maps takes at least a full minute to load. I don't think Google Maps and webOS like eachother.
    I'll give you that, but I'm running Android 2.1 on the hero, and the difference between 1.5 and 2.1 is night and day.
    Good luck dude, you are going to need it. please report back on your honest opinion on the supersonic.
    I'll give you that, but I'm running Android 2.1 on the hero, and the difference between 1.5 and 2.1 is night and day.
    Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to the official update.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    If you though battery life on the Pre was bad... Wait until you've had a 4G wimax phone! I imagine its constant search for the wimax (2.5ghz?) signals will make the issue worse, especially indoors.
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    If you though battery life on the Pre was bad... Wait until you've had a 4G wimax phone! I imagine its constant search for the wimax (2.5ghz?) signals will make the issue worse, especially indoors.
    Oh god. Brb, 2 extra batteries.