View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 129 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2979119124125126127128129130131132133134139179 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 4493
    hi guys,
    I don't believe this poster is legit. If only because she spent so much time responding (in that time she could have just gone back to the store and swapped the phone, which most people would do) and for other reasons as well.

you guys are good guys for responding in good faith and sorry your chain was yanked (and perhaps time to move on)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    [ironic] get an iphone. In the appstore you can find quality over quantity[/ironic]
    I believe someone wants to be reassured that this one hang-up will be available someday because they love the Pre and don't want to switch to the Nerd(droid)....my two brothers have them and we have phone battles all the time......my Pre always wins
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondGuessing View Post
    My husband and daugther got droids today. I got the palm because 1. I liked the wireless charging 2. I like the screen 3. I like the keys 4. I like the "cards" and way you can "drag" things.

However, I can't edit excel docs (I thought I could and I know it's "Coming" but I'm sorry I'll believe that when I SEE it) which is important to me and NO I don't want to use google docs I want to send things back and forth with ease.

I Can't EASILY get my ringtone music set without converting them on a computer or something (if someone knows something I don't please tell me)

The apps (or should I say lack there of) I thought about a thousand would be enough but those are just there for quanitites sake, the quality is useless in general. And most cost a lot more....

I don't want to join some crusade for what is a totally awesome phone, I don't have the time, I need something that works now....even if it's a fugly droid.

This is mental anguish.
    Good-bye.

It is ironic then that throughout this thread how you are "agonizing" over this decision. If the phone does not meet your needs find a new one that does, PERIOD. If you are inflexible (google docs) and generally lack the computer skills for ringtones then please please find something that works for you. Although, I do recommend that you do complete and thorough research on your new phone choice before you buy it.

I am sure there is a phone out there that can read your mind.

For being a type A personality (expense tracking) you sure are unable to make a decision. Thus, if you haven't captured this from my response - GET A DIFFERENT PHONE. No one phone can be everything to everyone, don't ask the forum to "convince" you to keep one that does work for you. Move on and the forum can move on to help those that ask for and need help instead of justifying a purchase.

Of course, by now, all the negative responses have driven her from the precentral forum and she has joined her obviously hen-pecked husband at the bottom of a beer bottle.
    Thank you for everyone trying to be helpful. I will check into a couple of the suggestions when my head stops pounding.

For those who are mean and rude - IF I keep the palm you have successfully chased me off of this website.

Keep it up, chase people away, and there will be no one left developing for palm because you'll have chased all the people trying to make this cool product work, away.
    Quit wasting our time and just go get a Droid. If I was on Verizon and didn't mind paying the double for my service through Verizon I wouldn't be owning a pre. Better yet wait for the HTC Increadible. That will be great.
    I can LIVE with the apps, they'll come eventually, but I can't live w/o excel. If I were palm and they were really trying to save themselves they should have literally PAID docs to go or offered them a SWEET deal or offered to charge us more. I'd pay it!

This phone is by far my awesome than the droid, American consumers HATE to compromise, we want it all...and this phone has more potential - someone at palm dropped the ball. Hard. And needs to be replaced.

Okay enough of a rant!

Also, YES I can add an audio file, but getting the audio file will cost me cash if I don't already have it. Mabilo is free. I'm not really tech savvy but I thought getting free music just didn't happen anymore....like seriously they do have the "kyle's mom's a *****" song as a ring tone and I WILL have that for my husbands ex wife do-or-die! So it will cost more and isn't pre clipped.

Many apps are there but cost $5 vs being free on Droid. Will I pay for them if they work well, probably, since I like the palm as a phone better - however, sometimes they're not rated as well being 3 stars instead of 5 etc.

So in short the ease of use for swipes is sooo much better on palm but transfering and using ringtones and excel is just crappier. BLAHHHHHHH
    wow, i guess you have never tried to use iphone for a ringtone then have you. My Pre actually plays the tunes i want it too when i get an sms or call. iPhone your controlled to do what they want you to have.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    i think you need a pixi
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcericx View Post
    [ironic] get an iphone. In the appstore you can find quality over quantity[/ironic]
    Don't you mean [Sarcasm]? There is no irony in that post.

As for SecondGuessing, I just hope that English isn't her first language. Good luck in your phone search.
    SecondGuessing, the app Expenses seems to do what you want including CSV files for Excel consumption. Go check it out before leaving. You can purchase in app catelog or check it out at Expenses Application for Palm® webOS™ / Palm Pre™ / Palm Pixi™. Good luck whether you stick with Pre or not!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Better yet wait for the HTC Increadible. That will be great.
    I'm waiting for the Motorola Unbelievable myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Good-bye.

It is ironic then that throughout this thread how you are "agonizing" over this decision. If the phone does not meet your needs find a new one that does, PERIOD. If you are inflexible (google docs) and generally lack the computer skills for ringtones then please please find something that works for you. Although, I do recommend that you do complete and thorough research on your new phone choice before you buy it.

I am sure there is a phone out there that can read your mind.

For being a type A personality (expense tracking) you sure are unable to make a decision. Thus, if you haven't captured this from my response - GET A DIFFERENT PHONE. No one phone can be everything to everyone, don't ask the forum to "convince" you to keep one that does work for you. Move on and the forum can move on to help those that ask for and need help instead of justifying a purchase.

Of course, by now, all the negative responses have driven her from the precentral forum and she has joined her obviously hen-pecked husband at the bottom of a beer bottle.
    <3
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    So many "don't post about palm's shortcomings here" crap.

Listen, she can post about the palm pre and why she returned it. I don't understand why you guys want this place to be fan-boy central.
    I'm not sorry, I've had my Palm Pre now going on 10 months and I am NOT thinking of returning it, I love this phone!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post

Listen, she can post about the palm pre and why she returned it. I don't understand why you guys want this place to be fan-boy central.
    lol, clearly your not reading.
    Its not about the PHONE's shortcomings at all...
    She doesnt understand how to use ringtones and wants to edit excel spreadsheets (which can be done via google docs), both of which are not the phones fault. She wants us to teach her why she should keep the phone and at the same time wait for her to answer every other post to describe wat she really wants, although she says she loves the phone...

Its the simplest thing that any one who has had a phone before could figure a way around if they really like it. if they dont, then return the phone.

no loss, no gain.
    Troll much?
  16.    #2576  
    Threads with general complaints or threats that someone is leaving are merged here. Please review the OP.

If you want to leave, leave. If something does not have what you want, get something that does.

Life is too short to spend your time complaining about a phone.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post

You really need to go back and reread the thread. No one denied the lack of Excel editing, and no one said she shouldn't post about it. All I saw were a bunch of peopole commenting on the basic inconsiistency in her ... logic.
    I just posted this to the Palm Feedback page. I'm done.

I've been a loyal Handspring / Palm owner going back to the Visor days. I've liked every device I've had and would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone that asked. I've had a Visor Deluxe with quite a few SpringBoard modules. After that, I got a Treo 300, a Treo 600, a Treo 650, a Centro, and lastly, my Palm Pre.

I love how the Pre looks, and feels. The OS is easily the best looking one out there. I'm not giving up my Pre because of the OS (although, I've had just about every major bug from the 1.4 update show up on my phone). I'm giving it up because of the hardware issues.

After 6 weeks with my new Pre, I unplugged the headphone jack to realize that the phone was now stuck in headset mode. None of the diagnostic tools on the forums would fix it. Speakerphone mode was the only way to have a conversation. When Sprint replaced that Pre for another, I was shocked to find out that the 100s of contacts I've accumulated over the years were lost when the Palm Profile system only backed up *8* of them. That's 10 years of contacts. Gone. Thanks.

I found that I could change the default contact list to Google. I started reaccumulating those. I moved on.

8 weeks later, the headphone jack on my 2nd Pre went. Nonstop speakerphone again. I had learned my lesson last time, and everything was backed up to Google. Sprint provided another replacement phone, and the transfer from one device to another was seemless thanks to the Google sync feature of Synergy. But this was the 2nd failure of a headphone jack!!! These jacks aren't new. That basic format has been around for decades!!! Shoddy engineering and workmanship is inexcusable for something that everyone else has been able to do with very few problems for years.

My 3rd Pre was working great for almost 4 months. No headphone jack issue. Improved battery life with the software updates. The updated bluetooth drivers made mp3 playback controllable from my car stereo. Until 2 weeks ago. The power button collapsed inside the case, rendering it unusable. The only way to wake the Pre up was to slide open the screen. About a week after that, the Volume Down button no longer responded. Really? Microswitches mated to circuit boards are nothing new. Did Palm put so much effort into the OS that they failed to do any engineering validation on the hardware?

To add insult to injury, Thursday evening, as I was loading music on to my Pre in USB mode, I undocked the device from my Mac's Finder window and unplugged the Pre. The Pre's screen went black and the "Palm" boot up screen appeared. And it never went away. It will sit there all day long on the boot up screen until the battery dies. My phone is now bricked, and again, any unsynced contacts and information in Apps stored on the phone are now gone.

I visited my local Sprint store. They've already ordered another phone for me (the 4th Pre if you're keeping score), but I'm contacting customer retention for an HTC Hero tomorrow. How can I get credit for the apps that I've purchased and will never use again?

I've never had so many problems with a phone before. This is inexcusable. As much as I'd like to see Palm survive and thrive against the iPhones and Blackberries of this world, Palm doesn't stand a chance with a product as undependable as this.

I want my phone to work without having to take it back to Sprint every 3 months for a new one.

The irony is that the captcha word at the bottom of this form is 'loss,' As in, "loss of a lifelong customer."
    Sorry Pre, it was really fun while it lasted. The Supersonic is a BEAST. Ican't wait to get it!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    The screen is too big for a front pocket... I Don't know about you.. but I won't be carrying this thing in a man purse or anything...

If it had a smaller screen, i'd get it.