View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 127 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2777117122123124125126127128129130131132137177 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 4493
    Colonol - thanks - you'd think based on what I read about everyone "talking to their friends" and trying to get others to use palm they'd be a bit less venemous to a few dissapointed people who even WANT to be on your side here
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Excel on the go- if this is really that important to you, you might want to consider a high end Windows Mobile phone with a big screen.

Apps- quality apps on the Droid are few and far between as they are on webOS (and Blackberry for that matter). When I tried the Droid I would have had to buy a special $20 app just to get my Exchange e-mail (Android does not support secure PIN-authorized Exchange e-mail like webOS, iPhone, WinMO does). Even the 80-100,000 iPhone apps, you'll never see more than 1-2% unless you are going deep into the app catalog.

I'm really confused how "Palm dropped the ball hard" because you can't edit an Excel document on the go? That's a super niche feature. What exactly is it you do that you have to be able to edit an Excel document wherever you are?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Not sure if they'd work for you, but I think there's a couple of expense-tracking apps.

Searching in the App Catalog gives a few that might be promising for that, I haven't tried any. There's Expensify, ExpenseTracker, Expense Recorder, and Expenses.

I know it's not the same as Excel, but maybe one of those would work?
    Can I then transfer it to my computer when I feel like it? Electronically, w/o plugs?
    Daving: I disagree on the super niche feature - I took it for granted that this was readily available for so long not because my use of the utility but that my Dad was using that ability for what feels like 10 years now so why woudldn't a brand new phone do it too?

I agree with the app mess being universal, I'd pay for an app that would clean up the mess of apps and filter to more USEFUL apps LOL

Staying with Verizon, my experience with sprint is so bad I'd rather never have a cell phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondGuessing View Post
    Can I then transfer it to my computer when I feel like it? Electronically, w/o plugs?
    Absolutely no idea, like I said, I've never used any of them.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Jraw

Well you see I'm a very very organized person. I run my life on excel sheets. For instance, I track every expense/dime we spend. (Mainly to A) get my family to stop overspending and B) prove how much in taxes we REALLY pay. This usually has me with endless piles of receipts waiting to be tracked. It's a disastrous mess that has my daugther calling my purse "the abyss" I want to be able to just type in the excel field and forget at the store - trash the receipt.

I do tend to disagree that no phone will replace alaptop/desktop. It's more difficult, but the functionality is there all the way through editing powerpoints. Maybe for larger huge projects you need your lap top - but for things that take 20 seconds to update, I want it on my phone.

I think if the doc editing were really coming out soon, they'd (docs2go not palm) be more forthcoming.
    Well I hate to use the pun there is an app for that, but I believe there is an app for expense tracking (http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...expensetracker) I do miss having documents to go, and maybe if more people email dataviz (How to Contact DataViz) then maybe they would be more inclined to develop for webos.
    I guess my point is: I WANT THIS PHONE TO WORK FOR ME.

And I want to stay in denial that it just doesn't.

But it may in six months? Nine? A year?
    I don't think it is denial. I think you have serious regrets about getting a Palm and you want some sort of justification for not wanting to keep the phone.

But you don't need a justification. If you don't like it, take it back. It clearly doesn't work for you, so why torture yourself?

Return your Pre, get your money back, smile and then head home and do lots of research so you can find that phone that works for you.
    Jraw - jhoff mentioned that but doesn't know if that can then be used on your computer. I don't want all my expense tracking ONLY on my phone after all? Makes it more difficut to share, and who wants to work on the tiney screen ALL the time - seriously a phone docking station would be positively the sexiest thing ever lol
    Phoenix, a week of research has tied me in confused knots and a migraine.

I just like the way the phone LOOKS in the interface and I like the wireless charging (since EVERY phone we've had eventually breaks where you plug it in and wont charge)
    Excel is super niche, not many people use it on mobile phones.

Personally, I'd rather have a stripped, clean OS that I can add what I need to it, even if it costs a few bucks, rather than have a pile of stuff I'll never use taking up space. It's easy for feature-phone makers, all they need is music playback, texting, a halfway decent camera, and a WAP browser. Maybe MMS. Smartphones are different. You probably don't want to buy a storebought computer that's got so much crapware on it it takes you hours to get rid of it all, either.

Give it time. You've got 30 days, give it a week or two to see if it works for you. Its pretty much impossible to gauge any product in eight hours, unless it physically breaks.

I don't particularly blame Datavis, they have a thriving market already, I doubt that dumping a ton of development money into an unproven OS is high on their priority list. They're doing it, though.
    If all you're really wanting to do is to track expenditures there are several apps that purport to do that.

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...pense-recorder
    http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...xpense-reports

Those are the apps in the "official" catalog. I'm sure there are more in the Homebrew catalog. These aren't exactly spreadsheets but if used the right way I'm betting they'll get you what you want.

As for ringtones, well, I personally don't play with ringtones much at all but I do have a couple of cuts from "Boomer Sooner", the University of Oklahoma fightsong. I didn't find it that difficult to edit the track in Ntrack (a multi-track recorder, much like Audacity), save it as an MP3 and copy it to the phone. My boss' boss went to the University of Texas so I've kept Boomer Sooner on all my phones as his ringtone.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Jraw - jhoff mentioned that but doesn't know if that can then be used on your computer. I don't want all my expense tracking ONLY on my phone after all? Makes it more difficut to share, and who wants to work on the tiney screen ALL the time - seriously a phone docking station would be positively the sexiest thing ever lol
    According to the developers website for that application the next release version of their software will include an export option(CSV I believe) and it should be released sometime in March.
    dear OP,

pleeeeaaase go get a droid.

enjoy editing excel files and have a nice life.
    Phoenix, a week of research has tied me in confused knots and a migraine.

I just like the way the phone LOOKS in the interface and I like the wireless charging (since EVERY phone we've had eventually breaks where you plug it in and wont charge)
    I just quoted the above because I couldnt find your post. I have Checkbook to track my expenses, bills, EVERYTHING, and I believe you can export them to Google spreadsheets so they are tied to your account and you can download them to your computer and edit them as you please.
    To add to my previous post, I can confirm that you can export and import to and from Google Spreadsheets. The program is always improving and I think, from what you described, it can serve all your needs.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Is the Classic App still out there? If it is she can run Docs2Go through that.
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    Is the Classic App still out there? If it is she can run Docs2Go through that.
    Yep, they still sell the PalmOS version, but you'd need to buy the emulator to run it. That, I agree, is way too expensive for just one program.
    zedge.net go here for your free ring tones
    your husband is either a saint or an alcoholic.
    Thank you for everyone trying to be helpful. I will check into a couple of the suggestions when my head stops pounding.

For those who are mean and rude - IF I keep the palm you have successfully chased me off of this website.

Keep it up, chase people away, and there will be no one left developing for palm because you'll have chased all the people trying to make this cool product work, away.