View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 126 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2676116121122123124125126127128129130131136176 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondGuessing View Post
    However, I can't edit excel docs (I thought I could and I know it's "Coming" but I'm sorry I'll believe that when I SEE it) which is important to me and NO I don't want to use google docs I want to send things back and forth with ease.

I Can't EASILY get my ringtone music set without converting them on a computer or something (if someone knows something I don't please tell me)

The apps (or should I say lack there of) I thought about a thousand would be enough but those are just there for quanitites sake, the quality is useless in general. And most cost a lot more....
    Not sure what you mean about converting ringtones. Hit the + button in the bottom left and you can choose any playable audio file. Unfortunately, Dataviz / Docs2Go hasn't said anything more than coming soon to edit Excel, though I'd love to know a date myself.

As for the apps, well that's subjective. I find that there's a lot of useful apps for my needs, though I could see how that wouldn't be the case for you. Out of curiosity, besides Office editing, what is it that you feel like is missing?
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    So go get a phone that suits your needs. No need to make a useless post saying you didn't do research and bought the wrong phone for what you want to do.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Apology accepted...Next!
  4. SAO
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    why is it that the naysayers get jumped on here? Everyone knows that Palm/WebOS have their shortcomings, why is it that some people won't admit to that and let the other half of the Pre/Pixi population voice their discontent.
    Hmm. Join a forum to make one post about returning the phone for things you already knew about? Have fun digging through the fart apps and poorly coded game clones on Android........

Not a naysayer, but at least the majority notice a shortcoming and at least ask if its fixable. I don't really see the point of this post.
    I don't want to join some crusade for what is a totally awesome phone, I don't have the time, I need something that works now....even if it's a fugly droid.

This is mental anguish.
    Why apologize, and why the mental anguish? Take it back.

For that matter, why the post? No one here can make the pre suddenly do Excel (though that's really a spreadseet program, not a doc program). The ringtone thing is really not complex (MP3 is really pretty standard), but that's not going to fix the Excel issue.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HechoEnCalifas View Post
    why is it that the naysayers get jumped on here? Everyone knows that Palm/WebOS have their shortcomings, why is it that some people won't admit to that and let the other half of the Pre/Pixi population voice their discontent.
    Who's not admitting it? The Pre can't edit excel docs. There, right out front for you. If you bother to do a tiny bit of research on the phone, you know that right away and don't buy that phone if editing excel docs is a major feature you need. Signing up just to post the fact that you bought the wrong phone is silly. It has nothing to do with denying that the Pre can't do everything.
    I can LIVE with the apps, they'll come eventually, but I can't live w/o excel. If I were palm and they were really trying to save themselves they should have literally PAID docs to go or offered them a SWEET deal or offered to charge us more. I'd pay it!

This phone is by far my awesome than the droid, American consumers HATE to compromise, we want it all...and this phone has more potential - someone at palm dropped the ball. Hard. And needs to be replaced.

Okay enough of a rant!

Also, YES I can add an audio file, but getting the audio file will cost me cash if I don't already have it. Mabilo is free. I'm not really tech savvy but I thought getting free music just didn't happen anymore....like seriously they do have the "kyle's mom's a *****" song as a ring tone and I WILL have that for my husbands ex wife do-or-die! So it will cost more and isn't pre clipped.

Many apps are there but cost $5 vs being free on Droid. Will I pay for them if they work well, probably, since I like the palm as a phone better - however, sometimes they're not rated as well being 3 stars instead of 5 etc.

So in short the ease of use for swipes is sooo much better on palm but transfering and using ringtones and excel is just crappier. BLAHHHHHHH
    Lurker

I know this is the big bad evil web where there are mean people but do you think maybe I was hopeing you'd somehow talk me out of it.

It's an internal conflict, the palm rocks as a user interface.
    First: What phone(s) did you have before? Knowing that will help us help you.

Document Editing: This one's on you. Google Docs for Mobile is no solution, but you should have researched it. Did you ask the salesperson if you could edit Excel and such?

Ringtones: What ringtones did you have before? Do you know what format they were in? Were the ringtones in MIDI format? If so, yeah, MP3 and, I think, WAV only on the Pre. After they're in the proper format, however, it's easy to get them on the Pre. Connect your phone to your computer and drop what you want in the Ringtones folder.

I want more apps, too, and they're coming. Your husband and daughter have to sift through just as much crap as you do, more even, to get to the worthwhile apps.

Ultimately, if this phone isn't for you them you should return it. No one phone works for every last person.
    Fuss: games are on the bottom of my list. I really do not care about games at all.

Honestly I tied myself in knots talking myself out of the iphone I wanted (for obvious reasons) to settling on something from verizon, to finally narrowing it down to two verizon phones. I honestly did NOT know it didn't edit excel when I bought it because at some tired point I in my research I must have read that quote about "early 2010" on the doc to go website and believed it.

That being said "early 2010" has about 11 days to go in my book. I could hold out that long since I have 30 days to return.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Why talk you into staying with a phone that doesn't meet your needs? This is a great time in the phone market. There are lots of good smartphones out there. For me and my needs, the Pre is by far the best fit. If it isn't for you, there are lots of other choices.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    To be honest I can understand the frustration that one would have with certain aspects of the pre, however, making a decision on a phone solely because of one feature (especially one that palm cannot control) is a little biased in my opinion. Overall I do believe that the pre is the best phone out on the market, and I have had mine for a little more than 8 hours, since release day to be exact. Palm has made huge strides in updating their own software to allow 3rd party developers to truly be able to take advantage of the webos operating system.

On another note, I understand that it is convenient to have software to edit and create documents, spreadsheets, etc...on the go, but how conventional and time efficient is that. I had documents to go on the previous palm operating system and only used it sparingly. No phone on the market is going to be able to replace a laptop/desktop when it comes to creating/editing documents. And like others have said apparently documents to go will be coming for webos, and palm themselves has no control when and if that happens.

As for ringtones, pretty much all smartphones can play mp3's as ringtones. Im sure a google search will return plenty of websites that allow you to create your own ringtones, regardless of what phone you have.

As for the crusade, I got nothing...
    Colonol

Any phone is better than what I had. While praying for a verizon iphone I have an old chocolate that barely works and can only make calls (no texts, or setting an alarm). I liked how the slide up screen was like my chocolate on the palm.

Asking the sales person: I think over the 4-6 hours myself and my family spent in verizon we asked everything possible. However, not that since as I just said I thought I had read "early 2010" and took that at face value. That's my stupidity acting there.

Ringtones: I didn't have any. I had nothing and was looking forward to the seamless and simple implementation my husband and daugther are having.

THANK YOU Colonol For being nice to me and trying to help. Really thank you. The thing is I WANT This phone to be for me so badly. I really do.

I think this is palms shortfall - it's a toy in some ways and not a fully functioning machine. Games facebook twitter - these are funsies. But what about people who have "needs" they don't even want to be "needs" for work and similar purposes?

I don't WANT to return this phone. I'm terrified to keep it.

It's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

I was hopeing by posting this someone would have some weird updated rumor I hadn't found in my searching on excel.
    Ringtones............get Audacity, clip the section you want, drop onto the phone. Songs are 99 cents from Amazon. Buy 'em as you need 'em.

Palms have never had native Excel support, Docs2Go was the only way. That shouldn't have been a surprise there.

Games were just an example. Go through the Android market as a whole, you're not going to find a whole lot of quality there, either.

Ah well.........if it don't work for you, find one that does. God knows how many guitars I went through before I found my Parker. Close to 100 in the last 30 years, I'd guess. I just don't see the point of your initial post in the first place.......if I buy something that doesn't work for me, I return it, and move on. I don't find a forum just to specifically say I owned it less than a day and wasn't happy. Heck, new jeans don't even fit right before the first couple of washings.
    Jraw

Well you see I'm a very very organized person. I run my life on excel sheets. For instance, I track every expense/dime we spend. (Mainly to A) get my family to stop overspending and B) prove how much in taxes we REALLY pay. This usually has me with endless piles of receipts waiting to be tracked. It's a disastrous mess that has my daugther calling my purse "the abyss" I want to be able to just type in the excel field and forget at the store - trash the receipt.

I do tend to disagree that no phone will replace alaptop/desktop. It's more difficult, but the functionality is there all the way through editing powerpoints. Maybe for larger huge projects you need your lap top - but for things that take 20 seconds to update, I want it on my phone.

I think if the doc editing were really coming out soon, they'd (docs2go not palm) be more forthcoming.
    I guess my point is: I WANT THIS PHONE TO WORK FOR ME.

And I want to stay in denial that it just doesn't.

But it may in six months? Nine? A year?
    If Excell is your do-or-die then the Pre, isn't for you. Simple. No drama. No hurt feelings.

Trying the phone out for 30 days is a good idea. Even if Docs to Go isn't released by that time, I bet you'll still be torn.

Also, don't pay attention to the harsh replies. We've gotten a few posts from people who were unhappy for reasons that no one here could even begin to address.
    Or if you're looking for a more positive response? What apps do you have that you think are just awesome that I may be missing and give me a reason to stay?
    Well you see I'm a very very organized person. I run my life on excel sheets. For instance, I track every expense/dime we spend. (Mainly to A) get my family to stop overspending and B) prove how much in taxes we REALLY pay. This usually has me with endless piles of receipts waiting to be tracked. It's a disastrous mess that has my daugther calling my purse "the abyss" I want to be able to just type in the excel field and forget at the store - trash the receipt.
    Not sure if they'd work for you, but I think there's a couple of expense-tracking apps.

Searching in the App Catalog gives a few that might be promising for that, I haven't tried any. There's Expensify, ExpenseTracker, Expense Recorder, and Expenses.

I know it's not the same as Excel, but maybe one of those would work?