View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 125 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2575115120121122123124125126127128129130135175 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 4493
    I had had my Pre since they first came out and have had a few problems with hardware. Twice my phone has been swapped out by Sprint with a brand new phone. They even transferred all my pictures and data to the new phones. I have had the last phone for almost 6 mos. with NO problems. I also had NO problems with the 1.4 update. Sounds like maybe this is either hardware related or user error. Why don't you try exchanging the phone before giving up? The Palm Pre rocks!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Since 1.4, when a call comes in and I slide it, it lock up. I have to pull the battery and the thing that really drives me crazy is the spped or lack thereof. These phone are trying to do too much and the processing power they put into them is not strong enough. Its very frustrating to have to wait to open mail, wait to open phone, etc etc.

I do not have much installed for fear it will lock up more and just become un usable. I sure hope Palm wakes up and creates a better, fast well build phone becasue I am about to quit
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    The rebates were the only reason I went to Best Buy for Pres for the wife and I. Best Buy just deducts the rebate right from the the price in store. Walked out with 2 Pres @ $150 each back in October.
    Whats the thing with sudoer thanking every other post in this thread. Is he on precentral's payrole as official, fulltime, professional Thanks-giver? If so, could I have a Thanks! too?
    Please? Cherry on top?
    rebates?? it is only available with your carrier AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK... $and$ $if$ $you$ $do$ $have$ $problems$ $with$ $the$ $phone$ $hardware$ $or$ $software$ $you$ $can$ $either$ $check$ $the$ $forums$ $for$ $troubleshooting$ $or$ $try$ $to$ $contact$ $palm$, $they$ $will$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $assist$ $you$. $they$ $can$ $even$ $replace$ $or$ $repair$ $your$ $phone$ $if$ $its$ $needed$
    Okay... I got my pre in June when it first came out... I've been willing to wait... Been active in hombrew...

But..
    Make it four: Google's Nexus One coming to Sprint -- Engadget

If palm doesn't come out with they're new phone or some major improvements... I think i'm going to split to the nexus in the summer...
    Good luck with that. Let us know what you think of it.
    I'm with the OP here, the nexus give me a chance to mess with a new OS in this case android 2.1. I'm really interested in learning a new OS, I like webos and my pre, but I really wanna try out new phones just to see other platforms. I'm still open to any phone just at the moment the nexus looks like my first draft pick.
    Remember no 2 Droid phones are the same... Every carrier is basically making their own version for their phones.

interesting article here on slashdot

Slashdot Technology Story | Google Android — a Universe of Incompatible Devices
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE palm. Although I don't particularly like the experience I had with the PRE and PIXI, I am still rooting for them and waiting for the next device to come out.

However, with the announcement of Sprint to get the Nexus one (and super sonic), I feel that sprint will slowly stop its advertising campaigns for palm. I don' t think they will even mean to do it, I think it will just happen b.c "Google" has such a big name.

I could be completely wrong, and frankly, I hope I am because I think WebOS is amazing. What do you guys think?
    Honestly anything anyone says about palm's future should be taken with a grain of salt because even the "experts" can be wrong and with palm they have many times
    I don't know, people have been 'calling' the death of Palm for years now...and yet like a phoenix, they rise from the ashes. Anything is possible, but I'm not counting Palm out.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    There are plenty of people who don't like Android so there's still a place for Palm IMO.
    look another pointless post.
    Quote Originally Posted by garyk19 View Post
    1. Phone will not synch with her BMW (I don't care if it's BMW?Palm?or both at fault)
    BMW huh? That just about tells me all I need to know.

2. Missed calls are showing up as duplicates
    Never seen this. But if I did, I can't imagine I'd care.

3. On change to daylight savings-- all calendar entries were "time adjusted"
    So readjust them? Delete your calendar account and resync?

4. Youmail not downloading voice mails--- I've mentioned this to Arcticus several times and I know the settings are correct. In fact we still need to delete the latest version of Youmail to put on the patch as it does not automatically update to the new version. Have done this 4 times already.
    Sounds like a problem with Youmail. But you've done pretty good at blaming the phone so far, so keep it up.

Yes Yes, reset, web doctor etc...

On top of all this, we sent in our rebates for the phones which were denied by Palm for not "having the correct information." What a load of bunk. Obviously if you've read the latest articles things are not so rosy for Palm and it is doubtful they can last as an independent. Things must be bad to try and deny rebates that were promised to customers, nor do I have the time to keep getting on the phone with Customer service. If I re-send then they'll next say that I sent it in after the deadline.
    Those rebates would barely even pay a month of insurance on your wifes BMW.

While I love the webos concepts, this really was very damaging to Palm with all of these issues with the new release. Other companies can survive this kind of stuff, but with Palm on the brink, this is just careless and does not show any astute business acumen.
    Laughable statement. Almost none of your listed issues were that big of a deal compared with any other OS on any other phone. It sounds like you should not use gadgets at all.

Goodbye to Palm, it's sad because they do have the best OS out there, but...thats not the whole story
    So wait, because your wife got frustrated you have to ditch the phone too? Go get a blackberry and try not to update it ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Whats the thing with sudoer thanking every other post in this thread. Is he on precentral's payrole as official, fulltime, professional Thanks-giver? If so, could I have a Thanks! too?
    Please? Cherry on top?
    I thanked 4 times in this thread. 2 of those were to appreciate Arcticus' efforts on YouMail. Oftentimes I just hit thanks to indicate that I agree with a post rather than making a comment. Yep, I just gave you a thanks! Hopefully I thanked you in the past when you were able to D/L 1.4 in Vietnam! (That was pretty cool!)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    This forum won't let me thank you twice on the same post, otherwise I would!

AND NO, YOU DID NOT! You just made car jokes...
    Last edited by tomi666; 03/18/2010 at 02:24 AM.
    Looks like you all scared the OP away. Shame on you guys
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Couple concerning the Touch stone...

1. Who the **** thought it was a good idea to not be able to turn off the screen? When will there be a fix for this... ?

2. Do they not know the meaning of heat and electronics don't mix or does the pre run on heat...?
    My husband and daugther got droids today. I got the palm because 1. I liked the wireless charging 2. I like the screen 3. I like the keys 4. I like the "cards" and way you can "drag" things.

However, I can't edit excel docs (I thought I could and I know it's "Coming" but I'm sorry I'll believe that when I SEE it) which is important to me and NO I don't want to use google docs I want to send things back and forth with ease.

I Can't EASILY get my ringtone music set without converting them on a computer or something (if someone knows something I don't please tell me)

The apps (or should I say lack there of) I thought about a thousand would be enough but those are just there for quanitites sake, the quality is useless in general. And most cost a lot more....

I don't want to join some crusade for what is a totally awesome phone, I don't have the time, I need something that works now....even if it's a fugly droid.

This is mental anguish.